Nike Thread [23] all pictures, info and questions here.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Mar 8, 2016.

1. girrdib

girrdib Member

Jun 26, 2010
    United States
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I wish I would have stayed up, I couldn't get the orange ones. I managed to get the blackouts tho, would have preferred the orange ones tbh.

I really hope they fit otherwise I'm going to have to sell :(

2. hahanice

hahanice Member

Oct 30, 2013
    so my blackouts shipped today. the status of the oranges is "allocated" so i am assuming that they are going to send those out soon.

looking on ebay, and these things are going for $500 easy. i am tempted to post both of them and take my $500 profit and be done with it. cant decide.

3. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    Weird. My blackouts still say 'item currently out of stock' under status but my orange one has already shipped.

4. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    @hahanice did both your triple black and orange Flyknit Ultras ship out? My triple black never shipped, and it's been almost a week. I only got the confirmation letter minutes after I purchased the item but none after that.

5. girrdib

girrdib Member

Jun 26, 2010
    United States
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Mine says that they are on their way, and will arrive today. Hopefully you get yours or at least your money back.

6. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    @girrdib yeah I hope so too. I ordered both colorways but the triple black I ordered under my wife's email and credit card. It took her almost 6 hours after I 'purchased' the triple blacks to confirm with the credit card (because they always ask foreign transactions) so i'm afraid the order might have been given to someone else whose money wired immediately. IDK, just a speculation. Would have to check if her credit card was billed.

7. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
  8. newone88

newone88 Member

May 2, 2006
    San Francisco
    Jaxinho repped this.
  9. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They're getting smarter with the angles they take these pictures.

Jaxinho repped this.
  10. hahanice

hahanice Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Yea both of mine shipped. the oranges shipped about 2 days after the blacks.

the blacks have been waiting in customs in NYC for a few days though...

my purchase was at 8:05 for reference.

11. lattanzio

lattanzio Member

Nov 1, 2013
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    If anyone wants to get rid of a pair of US 9 flyknit ultras, I wanted a pair . Will trade for reps!!!

Seriously though, seems like they took their time on integrating flyknit into the mercurial/vapor design. I'm interested to see if it's as comfy as it looks, and how similar the vapor xii is to the ultra. My team's new kit is orange and black, so I'm bummed I missed getting a pair.

Gera repped this.
  12. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    I emailed ProDirect and apparently my two pairs shipped just 2 hours of each other. It was probably just a mistake from them that they failed to send me the dispatch email.
    Anyway it's taking a looong time for shipping from the UK. Royal Mail and USPS both have not updated me since September 9th saying 'on its way to San Francisco.' Bummer. I was able to get a package from Unisport (Denmark) in exactly a week. This is turning out to be two.

13. newone88

newone88 Member

May 2, 2006
    San Francisco
    You never know with international shipping. Sometimes you get a package in 5 days from PDS and sometimes it takes 2 weeks. Depends when they clear costumes etc.
    In the past, I had 2 orders from PDS one day apart. One arrived in 6 days and the other one took 17 days. As long as you have tracking number, you should be ok.

Jaxinho repped this.
  14. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    my orders from pds never update once they hit customs. it seems like they usually get to customs in a couple days and then sit for a week+ before they get to my doorstep.

15. lattanzio

lattanzio Member

Nov 1, 2013
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Anyone have experience with original vs 2.0 tech crafts? I got a pair of 2.0 vapors for cheap, and I'm interested to see how much different the are than my original tech craft black and white vapors, which while not perfect, are what I still wear most of the time.

16. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    Received my pair the other day after almost 2 weeks. I purchased these because I’ve always wanted a Vapor with a much more forgiving upper but unfortunately these are still too narrow for my feet. I got them in my true size (8 US) but it seems to be half a size too long. One thing I also noticed was that the insoles are super thick. I love the grip elements on these though.

4486C37E-BB28-4D89-8CAB-9D40A1CF6032.jpeg

Zizou15 repped this.
  17. hahanice

hahanice Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Hopefully these images come out the right size. If not I'll edit tonight. Mine just got here as well. Interestingly enough they actually seem tighter than my superflys. Seems like it's a tiny bit shorter. I'm going to wear them anyway.

Maybe it's because the insole is thicker. But the insole is also much grippier. My foot feels more locked down. I'll give them a review on Sunday.

I have been wearing the neon green superflys, and had just gotten the black and pink ones (which I'm going to sell). I like them alot but the heel can be uncomfortable as the strip at the back digs into my Achilles. I know I won't have that problem with the ultras

Attached Files:

Zizou15 repped this.
  18. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So these are still a tighter fit than the superfly V's?

19. hahanice

hahanice Member

Oct 30, 2013
  20. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    Yup. Especially brand new. Maybe temporarily replacing the insoles while breaking them in would help.

Wolfbeatseagle repped this.
  21. girrdib

girrdib Member

Jun 26, 2010
    United States
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I can confirm mine are pretty tight but it might be the shape of my foot, I want to break them in but rather just sell if I can for a profit

22. monta

monta Member

Oct 19, 2009
    CA
    Club:
    Real Sociedad de Fútbol
    I replaced the hypervenom thick insoles with some old superfly or vapor ones and it definitely helps to give more room if the new cleats have thick ones.

23. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I just can’t get my feet in Vapors I need to be able to loosen the laces but the fused tongue just won’t let me get my fat food into them - I think it’s sonething Nike need to address I wonder how many players actually have that feature on their boots.

appleCORR

Jaxinho repped this.
  24. hahanice

hahanice Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Played in mine today. I was having some pain in my surgically repaired leg so I wasn't running very hard. Managed to score the opener though.

The Ultras felt great. Didn't even notice I had them on, which is great for wearing them right out of the box.

Will check back in when I run harder. So far so good. Didn't even feel that tight. The black got hot though, sun was pounding today

25. monta

monta Member

Oct 19, 2009
    CA
    Club:
    Real Sociedad de Fútbol
    Yeah I hated that on the legends.