Nike Thread [23] all pictures, info and questions here.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Mar 8, 2016.

1. loecloec

loecloec Member

May 23, 2013
    Club:
    Santos FC
  2. Ivefoundgod

Ivefoundgod Member

Jan 21, 2016
    I'm by no means an expert but those look fake to me, just doesn't look like the right shape and the flyknit and collar looks off to me.

3. loecloec

loecloec Member

May 23, 2013
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Right, thats what stood out to me as well!

4. hahanice

hahanice Member

Oct 30, 2013
    I agree its most likely fake. I had to look at mine to tell. but the shape is off, and the flyknit shouldnt be shiny in the back half. a few other things as well. i would stay away. usually if something seems to good to be true it is

5. loecloec

loecloec Member

May 23, 2013
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Appreciate the replies thanks

6. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    Shame the sample version has the much better looking gold trim than the standard retail version which is black.
    This looks like a classier yet more modern color add-on than the usual black-and-white leather boot your dad owns. IMG_4531.jpg

jayc23 and newone88 repped this.
  7. MRBA

MRBA Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Anyone tried out the Premier 2.0? Do they fit the same as the first version, and is it possible to tuck the tongue under the laces?

8. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    They killed that boot with a tongue!

appleCORR

9. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They're the 06 tiempos renamed

jayc23 repped this.
  10. loecloec

loecloec Member

May 23, 2013
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Does anyone have any experience with Hypervenom 3 Phantom DF FG on AG pitches? I can snatch a pair for a good price but i practice and play matches mostly on AG pitches that's why i ask.

11. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I wear HV3 on 4G turf (which has just been put down) and haven't had any problems with them. They do grip a bit more than. The other versions because of the new sole plate but as I said I haven't experienced any problems with them.

I tend to wear FG in most Nike boots I have on turf all the time. I only have one pair of AG boots which ARE comfier on turf. If you are willing to take a risk with the FG then go for it because obviously I can only advise from my point of view & I might have just been very lucky I haven't twisted funny in them etc.

appleCORR

12. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm a fan of the AG Pro soleplate. An upgrade over the AG-R version imo, both in grip and stud pressure.

Hypervenom FG would be a lot less risky than either mercurial FG.

13. chivamex10

chivamex10 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    your mom's house
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    [​IMG]

what is neymar wearing?

14. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His signature colorway of the vapors

15. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    it really depends on the quality of the AG pitch that you're on! IF you're on a pretty decent to high quality one you should be safe. nice way to tell is to use a coin and see how far it penetrates. If its barely penetrating, time to get a pair of TFs

annddd you have me on the other hand who absolutely hates the AG Pro because of the length of the studs and how it makes the boot nearly an FG, if not for the lack of chevron studs. Really regretted not stocking up on the AG-R ones. glass half full, now i don't bother with AG anymore and can get better deals with the FG ones aha!

Wolfbeatseagle repped this.
  16. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I liked it... :D

17. loecloec

loecloec Member

May 23, 2013
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Apple, Wolf and Jay thanks for the feedback!

18. cadmonkey12

cadmonkey12 Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been looking at Mercurial Vapors on ebay recently, thinking that I'd like to try a pair since I've never worn them.

What would any longtime Vapor wearers say are the all time top three Vapor models?
    Bonus question...what is the single best Superfly model?

19. hahanice

hahanice Member

Oct 30, 2013
    This isnt even a question in my mind. the top vapor model of all time was the Nike Mercurial Vapor from 2002.

the second would be the Nike Mercurial Vapor iii from 2006.

third would be more of a toss up but i would go for the Vapor SL from 2008 (i never wore them but they looked amazing).

im a big fan of the last 2 superflies, but the first superfly in black and yellow was the one for me

20. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I always had vapors, and they murdered my feet. Fenomeno wore them, so I had to as a kid. Marketing ftw.

I've been in Superflys (and magistas briefly) since I started playing again in 2015. Superfly 5 is my favorite boot so far. Perfect blend of comfort and lightweight, of course the comfort part depends on your feet, but the superfly is more forgiving than any vapor I've worn.

jayc23 repped this.
  21. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore

can't wait for the new vapors with the flyknit tongue tbh. Have stayed away from nike boots for abit because of the 1 piece construction with the synthetic tongue, which makes it crazy nuts to fit in.

do like that soleplate though, super aggressive and light that makes you feel super dribbly (nonsense word but you get what i mean)

22. monta

monta Member

Oct 19, 2009
    CA
    Club:
    Real Sociedad de Fútbol
    The vapor 8 and 9 with the leather like uppers.

23. howplayrisk

howplayrisk Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Does the leather finish make that much of a difference? What do you think about the peach fuzz finish of the vapor 8 and vapor 10 mango colorways?

24. Pangu

Pangu Member

Jan 4, 2004
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Mercurial Vapor II, no doubt in my mind! A proper lightweight boot, with enough compromise for the heel not to become destroyed with blisters! And what a sole plate! You felt faster! hahaa

25. loecloec

loecloec Member

May 23, 2013
    Club:
    Santos FC