Nike Thread [23] all pictures, info and questions here.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Mar 8, 2016.

1. lattanzio

lattanzio Member

Nov 1, 2013
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I see. My initial thought was trying to punch extra lace holes in the sides below the cables, but sometimes shoes just don't fit eh?

I have three games this weekend, so I'm interested to see if I can just jump into all of them with a brand new boot. My Purechaosssssss didn't need any break in, so that's the bar for me now with synthetics. The original Hypervenoms have my all time favorite heel too, so hopefully the low cut version keeps that feature.

2. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think you'll be fine - my HV3 didn't need any breaking in at all. As I've said the only problem was getting them on my foot. I think punching in lace holes would work but wouldn't it be better for you to punch where the cables are that way you know you have them in the right place?

appleCORR

3. shrtysskat8

shrtysskat8 Member

Aug 3, 2005
    Chicago
    Ahhh gotcha.

Actually scored a crazy deal at my local outlet today! Launch colorway of the lowcut for 70 bucks. Not a ton of sizes, but had a 9.5 which is what I wore in Magista Obra and seems good, just worried if they'll stretch at all.

Also picked up the HypervenomX Proximo in black/silver for 60. Insane prices!

4. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore

holy crap, those are awesome deals!

5. freetekker

freetekker New Member

Jun 12, 2017
    hi guys im new here and really enjoyed the friendly atmosphere of this froum. hypervenomx finale 2 and magistax finale 2. which one do you think is better? thx and sorry for bad english

6. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    you have to see which one fits your foot better. i bought both, but the magistax fit my foot. hvx didn't

7. Numero_9

Numero_9 Member

Mar 31, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    How does the HV3 fit compared to Superfly IV? I think theyre growing on me and for the price I might give them a try.

8. lattanzio

lattanzio Member

Nov 1, 2013
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    HV3 is a bit shorter lengthwise, and a bit wider. I'm a 9 in both, and both fit me well.

9. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I tend to wear a 7 in SF but I wear a 7.5 in the HV3. I have fairly wide feet too. I like the HV3 just not a huge fan of the uneven collar.

Best advice would be to try them both on if you can.

appleCORR

10. monta

monta Member

Oct 19, 2009
    CA
    Club:
    Real Sociedad de Fútbol
    What he said.

11. Nick G

Nick G New Member

Jan 22, 2017
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

The new Legend VII. What do you think? I think it looks sexy.

Attached Files:

12. howplayrisk

howplayrisk Member

Mar 1, 2015
    I'm hyped. The biggest improvement looks to be the new, lighter soleplate. Hopefully the flyknit is a lot softer than the synthetic swoosh on the VI. These and the Rebula are 1A and 1B on my wishlist.

jayc23 and Jaxinho repped this.
  13. lattanzio

lattanzio Member

Nov 1, 2013
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    So the low cut HV3 is a really good boot. I wouldn't be surprised if the flyknit tongueless upper is the direction the Vapor goes as well. I feel like the HV3 is kind of the culmination of the use of flyknit so far. It doesn't feel shoehorned in as a gimmick anymore. Touch on the ball is great, and the little foam pods are right where they should be. Glad I picked them up.

shrtysskat8 repped this.
  14. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    Hopefully that Fitmesh technology works really well, I hate that my Legend VI overstretched on me.

15. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    to be honest the flyknit on the heel looks pretty gimmicky, but the new flyknit tongue seems like a much better idea, especially if they're going for this whole 1 piece upper thing, which stopped me from getting any nike non high tops for awhile. tongue looks better positioned, and also apparently there's that heel pod thingie for comfort, does look like a much better leather boot (if there are no durability concerns), in terms of lockdown with the flywire etc vs that compression tongue on the copa 17.1

Jaxinho repped this.
  16. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    I agree. Flyknit on the heel part wouldn't actually be used for touching and playing the ball (for the most part) so I also think it is gimmicky but I think the knit tongue will be a lot better than the ultra-tight Legend VI one-piece construction. Oh and I think the Legend VII will be light-years better than the Copa 17.1. I own it and I really wasn't impressed.

My only concern is that, after being exposed to the Mizuno leather experience, if the Legend VII leather upper will actually be an ample amount and not thin like the Legend VI.

17. cadmonkey12

cadmonkey12 Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    New school leather boots and something more traditional for those from the old school, good work Nike...
    [​IMG]

18. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    The first Premier was my workhorse pair during my university football days. I can already smell these babies brand new...
    Also I hope Nike releases a reverse white-and-black colorway.

19. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    reminds me of the air zoom tiempo legends tbh. think @derbyyaank13 had some unkind words about quality when he was shown the samples so hopefully they've improved it!

20. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    It really sucks that the latest releases from Nike (Legend VII, Premier 2.0) are all unavailable to try at my local stores...because I live in California.
    At least I can go check if the Puma One has somehow been accepted, seeing as it actually is calf and not kangaroo.

newone88 repped this.
  21. jihado86

jihado86 Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The new Tiempo seems really innovative, I think it will be a hit.

22. howplayrisk

howplayrisk Member

Mar 1, 2015
    I hope they have some Bosnian made models in the upcoming tech craft pack. I need the higher volume last and the quality of leather is better.

23. seancme

seancme Member

Dec 7, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I screwed up big time. Nike.com was selling old Tiempo Premiers for 120 CAD last night and when I went to place my order this morning, my size was sold out.

24. Ivefoundgod

Ivefoundgod Member

Jan 21, 2016
    Managed to get the lowcut Hypervenom 3s for only €120 in the motion blur pack. Lots of great deals on the nike EU websites with code extra25. Not sure if same deal is on in US.

25. shrtysskat8

shrtysskat8 Member

Aug 3, 2005
    Chicago
    I have to agree. These are amazing boots, have been the only boot I've been wearing since I got them. Comfortable from the first second I put them on, great traction, and the touch has been great. Loving them, going to be looking to pick up another pair.

I even came around on the orange/lime green colorway, think it looks pretty nice when playing and I got a few compliments on them, actually. haha

jayc23 repped this.