Nike Thread [23] all pictures, info and questions here.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Fernando Aguilar

Fernando Aguilar New Member

Real Madrid
    Mexico
    May 4, 2017
    Hey everyone new here
    Was wondering if yall could help me out
    I'm looking for some mercurial vapor iv the orange peel size 8.5 or 9 us
    Email me at faaguilar07@hotmail.com
    Thanks.

2. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Corkin23

Corkin23 Member

Feb 7, 2016
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    Went ahead and cut the collar of my Obra 1's, Have to say i like them better with the collar off, Still as comfy and less of a headache to get on and off.

appleCORR7 and jayc23 repped this.
  4. Zizou15

Zizou15 Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    How big of a difference is it between Nike boots made in europe (italy/bosnia) vs made in china, vietnam etc? When I was in Manchester last month I noticed that all the white/blue hypervenoms I saw were made in italy or bosnia while the launch colorway was always made in Asia. Is this a coincidence or do they produce some colorways only/mainly in europe?

5. mohacyr

mohacyr Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Someone knows what the model of these shoes ???????

Attached Files:

6. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Whatever they are I'd imagine they'd be hard to get hold of considering the Nike Stickman advert was out a long long time ago.

appleCORR

Pangu repped this.
  7. Pangu

Pangu Member

Jan 4, 2004
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Some ad though!!! Definitely youtubing that tonight!

appleCORR7 repped this.
  8. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That Ad got me into freestyle for sure! & the music from Pharrell was amazing. Obviously the football one was my favourite, but I loved the Frisbee one too!

appleCORR

9. mohacyr

mohacyr Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    from 2003 Ad , i just wanna know the name for the model shoe .

10. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I know you do but my point was it might be difficult because it was from so long ago. I have someone who might know. If he knows I'll let you know.

appleCORR

11. Numero_9

Numero_9 Member

Mar 31, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Did anyone else have to go a whole size up from the Superfly IV to the V?

12. 2nd_striker

2nd_striker Member

May 21, 2008
    London
    No i went up half a size from 10.5 to 11

13. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    How do the new Hypervenom phantoms fit? They seem to look a pretty wide boot.

appleCORR

14. soupster

soupster Member

Jan 9, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Sheffield United FC
    I've not worn any of the previous models of hypervenoms to compare to, but I just got some used hypervenom 3s and they did surprise me with how much width space they have. They are used so they may have been stretched a bit, although I don't know how much the material is capable of stretching.

The main issue I have is with the material on the instep and that there seems so much of it that it bunches up and almost folds over the sole when you step. I've tried tighter laces but because there's no tongue there's nowhere for the extra material to go.

They're my first Nike boots since the laser 4s so I'm not up to date with the fit and materials, but I'm not sure I'll be keeping them.

15. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I saw a pair in a size 11 in a sports store here so it was hard to judge but they did look really wise that's what made me ask. I liked the look of them though so was thinking about getting a pair but didn't know whether to go down a size in them just in case the material did give they'd be massive! I just loved the orange/green in the flesh.

Do you have narrow feet? Because I would say mine were quite wide.

appleCORR

16. soupster

soupster Member

Jan 9, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Sheffield United FC
    Length wise they fit me the same as other Nikes fit me so I probably wouldn't be able to go down a size.

I've never measured the width of my feet, but I don't think I've ever worn a pair of boots that were too narrow so I guess I'm probably on the narrow side of average width. I suspect they'd be great boots for someone looking for a wide fit.

This is the overhead view for comparison;

[​IMG]

They're not significantly wider than the Lasers and the heel is actually narrower.

Unrelated but I think the pair I have might have been Ben Foster's. The personalisation seems to match and they were made in Bosnia. Nothing special about them though, they seem pretty standard.

[​IMG]

chookgoo86, appleCORR7 and Pangu repped this.
  17. Pangu

Pangu Member

Jan 4, 2004
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You always end up with boots with great stories!

18. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    OK another question about the new HV if I want to chuck them in the washing machine (I know I need to do this on a cold wash) but I want to take the laces out to soak to clean then separate if I don't put them back into the boot before I put them in the machine is there a chance that the little 'string' lace holders will go inside the boot or move? I'd probably clean the laces then put them back into the boot but just wanted to check.

Thanks!

appleCORR

19. soupster

soupster Member

Jan 9, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Sheffield United FC
    The little loops seem to be threaded over the knit material to stop them disappearing and also they appear to be formed into the upper so can't move. The string feels like it runs all the way down the lines on the sides, maybe to improve strength and fit when tightening the laces. Hopefully that makes some sense.

[​IMG]

AdidasPredatorMANIAC and appleCORR7 repped this.
  20. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That's brilliant thanks - just what I needed to know! Just didn't want them disappearing into the boot if I do decide to give them a go in the washing machine.

appleCORR

21. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Finally got my hands on a pair of HV3 this week and I have to say they are the hardest pair of collared boots I've ever put on. I think it's because of the collar being uneven. Most of the boots I wear have collars and I've never had a problem getting the boots on like I did with these it took me about 10 minutes!

Once I got the boots on I do like them though. Glad I went up half a size with these too.

appleCORR

22. lattanzio

lattanzio Member

Nov 1, 2013
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Just ordered the HV3 Phantom low cut in the black/orange/silver colorway for $120. I'm a pretty huge fan of v1 Magistas and Superflys, so I'm pretty excited to try out a low version. The original Hypervenom was also one of my favorite boots ever, so I'm hoping these are closer to a hybrid of the flyknit fit, and the nikeskin feel. I have SUPER wide feet, so I'm hoping the issues above aren't going to be a problem for me.

Is there any way you can twist the brio cables to be a few mm shorter before you put the lace through? That might pull the sides of the boot tighter without squishing the knit tongue?

shrtysskat8 repped this.
  23. shrtysskat8

shrtysskat8 Member

Aug 3, 2005
    Chicago
    Link on the deal? Wanting to try these out as well.

24. lattanzio

lattanzio Member

Nov 1, 2013
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    It's a combo of a lot of small deals...

Already on sale at Soccer.com ($199), + goal club discount ($180), + further 20% off sale section code (that might still be running today? Maybe yesterday was the last day for that promo), + a $20 off loyalty coupon I've been saving for a while. Came to $123 for me.

shrtysskat8 and appleCORR7 repped this.
  25. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think that would be fairly hard to do they seem pretty much well fitted in there with no way of shortening them. I took the laces out of mine to give them a clean and you need a degree to put them back in. I had to watch a tutorial video on YouTube!

appleCORR

lattanzio repped this.