Nike Thread [23] all pictures, info and questions here.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Mar 8, 2016.

1. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I know that Nike had put the £ up on the AG models which I thought was really random. Seriously, when is it going to stop? When a pair of boots are £500?!

appleCORR

2. Pangu

Pangu Member

Jan 4, 2004
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Don't give them any ideas!!!!

appleCORR7 repped this.
  3. Coeur

Coeur Member

Jul 6, 2015
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Why arent there any top tier mercurialx futsal shoe, that would utilize teijin uper, like the regular merc vapors? It would be so great, yet simple to make.

4. newone88

newone88 Member

May 2, 2006
    San Francisco
    HVIII ID is available on the Nike.com

upload_2017-1-31_18-15-3.png

appleCORR7 repped this.
  5. Corkin23

Corkin23 Member

Feb 7, 2016
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    Not surprised, Didn't sell too good last year.

6. Footballer-7

Footballer-7 Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

Wolfbeatseagle and jayc23 repped this.
  7. howplayrisk

howplayrisk Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Personally I've never felt that boot prices are insane, but that's because I mostly buy on ebay. Ebay UK especially is just an absolute goldmine for boots. You can find so many player issue boots at very good prices. Even if you live in Australia for example, with the global shipping program you can find a large selection of boots.

If you're buying most things at MSRP, then yes the hit to your wallet will be significant.

8. Corkin23

Corkin23 Member

Feb 7, 2016
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    I mean we are talking RRP, not buying used of ebay, I remember when most expensive boot was Vapors at £100.

9. cadmonkey12

cadmonkey12 Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like Nike wants to help adidas bring back the tongue...
    [​IMG]

jayc23 repped this.
  10. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hmmmm not sure about those .... I can see a lot of people cutting The tongues off!

appleCORR

11. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ouch. In the States, AG Pro's go for 310 retail and ID's are 350, so it's a closer call. Since that's all I play on, that's my market. Of course if you wait a month or for the next colorway to launch, those prices come down. It's pretty rare for anything to sell out quickly, so the waiting game works most of the time.

When we stop paying it. Seriously though, why didn't the sporting goods bubble burst when the others did?

12. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think maybe a lot of people have seen sense considering how many of those boots go on sale. I think that the consumer is just waiting and hoping that their size will still be in stock!

appleCORR

13. Soccerstyle09

Soccerstyle09 Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    IMG_1767.JPG

New Nike Magista Opus II came in this evening. Ordered from Nike because they were running 20% off clearance and I liked the color.

Have to say I'm glad I ordered a half size up then what I usually wear otherwise they would have been brutally tight. Always get nervous when I order up just because you never know how well the size will translate.

For reference the evopower 1.3 and the ace 16.1 are both a US 8.5 whereas the opus is a US 9. I where my boots with my big toe as close to the end as possible without touching.

Excited to give these a go and will update as when I do

14. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I went up half a size too - it's strange because they are a wide boot but they fit really snug. They don't seem to have much depth to them due to the extra padding.

appleCORR

15. Soccerstyle09

Soccerstyle09 Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yes they are wide for sure.
    Tonight I had a trial by fire with them. Had a game tonight and I forgot to bring one of my broken in boots so I ended up wearing the opus the whole time. My foot was cramping so bad. Definitely not a shoe you can wear without breaking in. Hopefully they loosen up a bit.

16. hahanice

hahanice Member

Oct 30, 2013
    quick question. has anyone played in either superflys or magistas without laces?

I just got in some magista obra ii's. the last nikes i had were the superflys, but the magistas are a little tighter so im thinking maybe i could go laceless. not for any real reason other than convenience. would there be too much slippage?

havent played in 9 months due to injury. very much looking forward to playing in these beauties!

17. Oli Coultas

Oli Coultas Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Leeds
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I warmed up without tying my magista laces and they were ok for jogging but as soon as I started shooting and cutting quickly they were awful.

Wolfbeatseagle and appleCORR7 repped this.
  18. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm with Oli - I have played without tying the laces in warm ups and end up going all over the place. You do really miss that lock down that the laces give you. I wouldn't advise it especially if you are coming back from injury, and I have to say the laces have never got in my way or annoyed me to the point I wanted to take them out of the boot. They've been a bit long on some models but you can just cut and burn the ends if it bothers you. Other than that they feel like nothing is there anyway so no need to take them out.

PLUS - They are a pain to get back in. My friend wanted to change his laces to coloured ones on the Magista 1s and it took us a while the get them in with the double holes Nike have put in.

appleCORR

19. 2nd_striker

2nd_striker Member

May 21, 2008
    London
    Played with sfiv without laces (as an opponent ripped them) didnt have too much slippage but theyre designed to be played with laces...

20. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Can't get down the the laceless concept for actual demanding play. I tend warm up w/untied laces and a very conforming boots, but high demand movement needs a lacing system, IMO...at least right now. Mind you I live in Vans slip ons these days when I am not wearing dress shoes or football boots, so I love a laceless shoe when it is appropriate. The only thing I think I could pull off w/o laces is the regular Vapor in low cut, but that is a still a big "maybe". It is conforming enough, but not too constraining to be considered possible, IMO.

Strike Night boots looked great on pitch last night, too. Nice change of pace and a legit "old school" look. Good goals in them, too.

21. newone88

newone88 Member

May 2, 2006
    San Francisco
    My favorite video of warming up with untied laces :)

gusgorman repped this.
  22. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Kinda why I started doing it, lol. My skill level is so far below this though that the only comparable aspects are the untied laces. He was a freak of nature...in his (I think auto) biography they were discussing that Platini and other "legends" were marveling at his ability to kill a ball out of the air after dropkicking it straight up 50M+ every single time w/o fail.

jayc23 repped this.
  23. borgorek

borgorek New Member

Mar 14, 2017
    Hello, i need some help on making a decision. I want to buy a pair of turf boots and i can't decide between Hypervenom X Finale TF and the new Hypervenom III Phelon TF. The reason why i would pick the Finale version is that they have the flywire technology. I need your help guys, hope you give me your opionon. Thanks !

24. borgorek

borgorek New Member

Mar 14, 2017
    Ow, just found up after posting that hypervenom x finale II boots are available. They have the flywire and a new zoom air sole :eek:. God, that makes it impossible right now to make a decison..