Nike Thread [23] all pictures, info and questions here.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Interesting; low cut and in a different colorway it might be worth a look.

2. chivamex10

chivamex10 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    your mom's house
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yes I'm looking for something that reminds me of my 5th birthday party. We went bowling and had clowns.

Say no more fam

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That had me in hysterics - what is the RRP for those? Let me guess the price has gone up. I think as future models are released the colourways will calm down and they might be a nice looking boot. We all know that Nike like to come out with a popping colourway for new releases so they blind you on the pitch.

Interesting that Rashford has moved from Superfly to Hypervenoms and he seems to be wearing the lows from the promo pictures.

appleCORR

chivamex10 repped this.
  4. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore

He converted to the Vapors in the last few games so the low cut might make sense

5. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think they are just losing big names for the HV and can see that Rashford has potential. I mean, they didn't us Rooney for the promos. Yes, he might not be on his game at the moment but he's been quite loyal to the HV and is still a fairly big name.

appleCORR

6. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Does anyone else feeel that the HV3 is a bit of a rip on the EvoPower?

Dampening and striking pods and a barefoot style gradually increasing/decreasing rigidity in the outsole...sounds a bit suspect to me.

AdidasPredatorMANIAC repped this.
  7. JuhGk24

JuhGk24 Member

Dec 16, 2013
    Hopefully they won't have big durability problems. I'm not convinced by those red lace things lasting very long without snapping. Also the seam between the red and green part looks weirdly placed.

8. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If studs get caught in the laces, it will blow out. Was thinking the same exact thing...this is cynical, but if I were defending vs someone in those, I'd be sure to catch my stud in their laces at a deadball or corner, the boot would be toast.

9. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    must be revenge cause he cost them alot of money with that failed 250 goals limited edition release that they had planned for him! =P

10. MRBA

MRBA Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    How is the Premier sizing compared to Tiempo Legends?

11. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I was also thinking the same about the lace loops. I've got some Nike ultra breathe trainers and the look holes are like that and they aren't very strong at all.

I was also wondering why Nike haven't used Vardy in promotion of the new model?

Also meant to say anyone who lives by a Nike outlet might want to go and have a look as they have a lot of the sock Astro turf shoes their for £50 with 30% off. The majority that I saw were Hypervenom's but they did have a few SF.

appleCORR

12. Elbullio

Elbullio Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Fairly obvious why Nike hasnt used Vardy for the HV launch. Or even Mahrez. Either are not doing very well.
    When you got a player like Harry Kane wearing them, its an easy choice for Nike. Honorable mentions to Wayne Rooney, Daniel Sturridge and Ross Barkley who are also wearing HV's (Or at least mockups)

On a different note, i needed new boots for the preseason, and finally pulled the trigger on Obra 2 Platinum's which i picked up for about 170USD. I love the colorway, which i also have in Vapors.

I was REALLY in doubt if i should pick the new ACE 17.1, but i choose the Obra due to price and the fact that i think it is a better all-round boot. I play as a drifting winger on my team - some times centrally - and my Vapors are just not friends with my feet.

I hope i will not be disappointed - does anyone have any feedback on the Obra 2s ?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

13. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I couple guys I coach wear them (players not restricted to UA at my college - for now anyway) and they love them, although the lace loop tore out on one pair rather lightly. I have tired them on, although I am not the biggest supporter of the sock, these are tolerable and the forefoot is well shaped along with the toe box, I would guess ball striking in them is pleasent. This is probably the best colorway (along with black/orange) IMO.

14. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I see Rashford was wearing the newbies today but Rooney was rocking the oldies - Bet Nike are kicking themselves after that worldie freekick!

632296640 (1).jpg

Best shot I could get of Rooney and Rashford together boot wise!

appleCORR

15. monta

monta Member

Oct 19, 2009
    CA
    Club:
    Real Sociedad de Fútbol
    I love shooting in Obras and they are soooo comfortable. The padding they put inside the shoe is great.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

16. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I Have to say I'm a fan of the Obra 2's too. They are a really nice boot. They have a great touch but aren't too but you don't sacrifice and weight for that. Great boot to shoot and play long balls in. I've worn them on 4G turf and have had great grip with them. I got the initial release colourway and the teal (?) more recent colourway and they are definitely one of my favourite boots to wear - they need no break in time what so ever you can just pop them on your feel out of the box and go for it.

appleCORR

17. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Agreed!
    Magista range is a great silo....

18. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A guy on the other team in my pub league had the Obra 2's in the black colorway. I'm a fan. Pics don't capture how textured those heat map areas are. I've been tempted to snag a pair, but I really like leaked summer colorways of the Obra 2, so I'll slum it in my radiant reveal obras until then.

jayc23 repped this.
  19. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    LOL - I Think I've liked all the colourways of the Obra's until this new Orange on (it might look better in person). It seems like Nike ran out of colours to use so has decided to go back to the pack with the 'Green Strike' Hypervenoms in it. Still when you pop out boot after boot I suppose you have to repeat yourself from time to time!

appleCORR

20. jihado86

jihado86 Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    a spot-on video by Josh from SR4U. I agree with practically everything he said.

21. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I kind of got distracted by the boots in the background thinking how many of them I owned. It's refreshing to see reviews where a review actually says what they think and aren't worried that they might lose their free boots from Nike to reviews. Because lets face it, Nike are quite happy to send out boots when they know reviewers are likely to give them a great review with maybe a few off points.

appleCORR

22. jihado86

jihado86 Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #547 jihado86, Jan 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    an Interesting video about the making of personalized Nike boots for the pros. It's in Italian, I didn't understand everything but it's nice to learn something new about boot-making.

and here's an other video with more details, you can see some players recommendations such as making the heel higher, or expanding the pressure point in some areas. Really interesting.

appleCORR7 and newone88 repped this.
  23. Footballer-7

Footballer-7 Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Logged on to say this apple! Even the non dynamic fit collar models are going up for Nike now. They used to only have their 'elite' models be x more money. Now all the models are going up.

New hypervenoms are increased by $20 or so AUD.

Said it before but thank God for outlets and sales. I used to buy 2/3 pairs a year!

Pangu repped this.
  24. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's gotten to the point where you might as well go Nike ID and get whatever color you want. The price points are comparable.

In my early 20s, I stopped playing for about five years because work wasn't letting it happen. I was getting back into it after that break and went into a boot shop near me. I ask the guy working there when Tiempos became $200 boots, and he was just like
    [​IMG]

Now adidas is pricing the freaking Copa at $200.

chivamex10 repped this.
  25. chivamex10

chivamex10 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    your mom's house
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    [​IMG]