Nike Thread [22] - all questions, pictures, boots here.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jan 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vanjory

vanjory Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Singapore
    Yea agree with all of you that the black/white colorway looks fantastic and I would love to own one pair of the mercurial! Also, yes, why no tiempo!?

2. Corkin23

Corkin23 Member

Feb 7, 2016
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    Missed out on the ID Phantoms due to being in work, Sold for £42 :(

3. monta

monta Member

Oct 19, 2009
    CA
    Club:
    Real Sociedad de Fútbol
    White tiempo was first color released.

4. CMossCanguro

CMossCanguro Member

Jan 6, 2016
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    vanjory repped this.
  5. vanjory

vanjory Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Singapore
    Yep, definitely a brilliant and the most simplest colorway! Sucks to have small feet sometimes, when Nike do not produce them in youth sizes. What a waste.

6. Footballer-7

Footballer-7 Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Any idea Aus folk if the tech craft Vapor will be available on Nike Au? Prefer the vapors!

7. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    try Rakuten? different soleplate, but iirc you're in Singapore so, the HG soleplate might work out still

8. Gera

Gera Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Really tempted to get a pair of tech craft obras, will probably just wait for the new obra to come out though.

9. Ziomson

Ziomson New Member

Mar 3, 2016
    I think this is the beautiful Marcurial
    [​IMG]

10. brada_wba

brada_wba New Member

Nov 12, 2015
    Club:
    SK Austria Kärnten
    First time poster here.

Greetings from the UK - apologies in advance for opening with a sizing question!!

Recently brought some Nike Premiers in UK11 (UK11.5 slipped off the foot). The UK11 are very tight (I'm yet to give them a run out) - my question being, will they stretch up to half a size with the leather being so supple?

May try the freezer bag trick :)

Currently wearing Copas in UK10.5 (Blacked out, Tongue modded) which are like slippers. Looking for a change though as they get super heavy when playing on wet 3G.

11. MilanMadrid

MilanMadrid Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Anyone here try on the leather vapors and superflys? I know the vapor is 100% leather but I heard the superfly is just a regular superfly with a layer of leather on top. Does it make any noticeable difference then? Worth picking one over the other?

12. Corkin23

Corkin23 Member

Feb 7, 2016
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    Personally with every boots/shoes i buy i wear 2 socks for a day to stretch them a bit then when you go back to 1 sock they fit perfectly. They will stretch when broken in normally though.

13. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Most reviews actually suggest you go half size up in the Premiers - that's what I did and mine fit like slippers. A beautiful boot once you get the sizing right. I have no slippage or over roll or anything.

appleCORR

14. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sorry for the double post - but isn't that what's snip etc is for dude?! gutted you missed out they looked crazy.

appleCORR

15. Corkin23

Corkin23 Member

Feb 7, 2016
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    Yeah but i was working when they ended :(

16. kapi_lt

kapi_lt New Member

Mar 5, 2016
    Hi! In my superfly broke three rear caps after month. I am playing on the artificial ground, but i don't want ag boots. I have very narrow feets. I am looking for new football boots similar to Superfly IV leather but more durability.

I found:
    - Merucurial Vapor X
    -Magista Obra (i have sg-pro)
    -Adidas x 15.1 primeknite
    -Adidas Ace 16.1 primeknite

Thanks bro!

17. Corkin23

Corkin23 Member

Feb 7, 2016
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    If you play 100% on AG then there is no reason not to buy AG boots. Makes sense.

appleCORR7 repped this.
  18. kapi_lt

kapi_lt New Member

Mar 5, 2016
    But i play on the firm ground, too.

19. SSFC5

SSFC5 Member

May 17, 2011
    United States
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Hey! I'm actually rocking the superfly IV academy pack and the Primeknit 15.1. I play exclusively on turf and have narrow feet as well. The Ace Primeknit are holding up pretty well but they've been taking me a while to break in. Out of the box they were a bit tight on the arch/midfoot but they're loosening up. I've had to switch over to the superfly here or there (those feel like socks now) but I'm not giving up on the Primeknit just yet. Let me know if you any questions!

20. kapi_lt

kapi_lt New Member

Mar 5, 2016
    Thanks!

What would you choose of the following models (for narrow feet)

Ace 16.1
    Magista Obra
    HyperVenom Phantom Leather (half size smaller)

21. JEN14

JEN14 Red Card

May 8, 2014
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    None of them are narrow boots, but will all fit you fine.

22. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I Haven't worn the Ace 16.1 but from what I've seen in reviews they seem like a very comfortable boot. I have worn the Primeknit 2.0 which has the same upper and its really nice to play with once you get used to the touch.

I have worn every Nike sock boot here is my ranking and why I like them :

1) Hypervenom Phantom II : I only very recently have fell completely in love with this boot. The fit is amazing the touch is superb and unlike the Magista and Superfly because it has an actual boot like upper you can really get some ping (or venom) behind your shots, crosses and corners. I haven't worn the leather ones. But I do have numerous pairs standard ones. I'm not sure about sizing because of the leather but the standard ones fit pretty snug when you first get them. I went half a size up and they were still a bit tight the first few times I wore them, then they were like slippers. (seriously snap these up)

2) Magista Obra : This was actually the first boot with a dynamic collar I owned and I really liked it. I felt that my passing was a bit more accurate in these boots, they felt nice, and I wore them for a long time before finding the HV. I did actually have trouble with the dynamic collar on these boots once id worn them for about an hour I would get bruising sensation that went down my Achilles tendon which I found quite uncomfortable. But these boots are kind of like the predator of the silos because they have a slight sticky grip to them with really means you can whip and curl a ball in them. They also have conical studs like the Hypervenom which is better on turf.

3) Superfly : I didn't get on with this boot from day one to be honest. I got an horrific blister that had to be treated at the hospital from the black plastic heel counter inside the boot. They just didn't fit my foot properly. Once the blister had healed I had no more problem with that - but they just didn't feel right so I gave them to a friend who decided to wear them on AG just playing random 5-a-side games at a local soccer centre. and he managed to snap the back 2 studs off. Something he has done before on previous SF (I think it must be how he runs or something) but anyway. If those studs had of been conical it wouldn't have happened.

As someone has said your foot will fit all of these boots - my advice is try the on if you can even if you end up going and buying them online. We can only say what WE think and how the boots fit OUR foot so its important you see for yourself it you can. Anyway there is my 2 cents.

appleCORR

23. MeganB

MeganB Member

Jan 6, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC

AMEN! Love the Phantom II, and even the Phatal 2 DF (I have the Phantom in the Women's World Cup colorway and the Phatal in the reddish bronze) is a pretty decent boot.

24. JEN14

JEN14 Red Card

May 8, 2014
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    The Phantom IIs are absolute garbage in my opinion, and I seem to share the same opinion as 95% of other people. It's quite interesting to see two people think they're good!

ihsgnef repped this.
  25. ihsgnef

ihsgnef Member

Mar 23, 2015
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    There are rumors about Nike switching back to the original NikeSkin on HV2.
    I'd wait for that.

Do you guys think I should go half a size down for leather phinish?