Nike Thread [21] - all info, pictures, questions here.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, May 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Happy new year everyone!

2015 the year of the dynamic fit collar on everything...

Seriously have fun stay safe!

TRIXTA805 and Jonny98 repped this.
  2. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    yes!

MilanMadrid repped this.
  3. Zizou15

Zizou15 Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    To be honest I don't agree with what most people on here seem to think about the Hypervenom 2. A lot of you argue that it doesn't carry anything from the first HV, and that it therefore shouldn't even be called a Hypervenom. But then you'd have to think, what was really the main concept behind the Hypervenom? It was marked as an agility boot, right? And it still looks like the same soleplate, so that would almost be justifying the name in itself imo. Yeah, the dimples on the upper was cool and all, but back when it was released even the Vapors had dimples (allthough less prominent). Nike tried to mark it as an attackers boot, another lightweight alternative for offensive players who don't fit/like the Vapor/Superfly, and it still serves that purpose even with a new upper. Many silos have had some big changes over the years. Think about the T90 range, from the early AZT90s to the Lasers.

I haven't tried the Hypervenom, but if it's true that it has problems with overstretching, the flywire is probably a good idea, and maybe it was difficult to combine the dimpled upper and flywire. I actually think the new upper looks pretty good, looks a bit like leather. Don't like the dynamic fit collars though, as someone mentioned it looks a bit like wool socks on some of the colorways. This is just my opinion on it though.

4. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    Hypervenom 2 looks to me like a cross between the pre-Laser T90 and the Hypervenom. And the biggest thing I get from it is that the laces are still in the "shooting position." So yeah, I don't agree that it's some drastic departure. I guess I never caught on to the idea that the Hypervenom = dimples.

5. niterida09

niterida09 Member

Dec 20, 2005
    the new HV are ugly. end of story

all they needed to fix was the nikeskin rippin on the forefront of the boot. that's IT. they were perdect boots IMO.

those new adipro11 SL look promising also

6. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Do the Nike Genios have any leather in the upper? I had a look at them this week and they didn't feel to great but i noticed the little leather symbol on the upper.

appleCORR

7. Loftshc

Loftshc Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Wore the CTR360 Trequartista 3s today for the first time, must say they are a lot better than my Magista Opus. I hadn't previously worn the Maestri/Trequartista 3s until now, but now I agree with those who had said that the Opus is a definite downgrade in quality from the CTR360's

jayc23 repped this.
  8. Soccerstyle09

Soccerstyle09 Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Not just the dynamic fit collar but also Nikes campaign against boots that have a tongue

9. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Description says "full grain"...

appleCORR7 repped this.
  10. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hmmm ... they definitely had the leather logo on them but for the price £29.99 and the way they felt I had my doubts. But thanks for that.

appleCORR

11. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    you're welcome...

12. jking0821

jking0821 New Member

Jun 26, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I have HV1s in AG. Wore them all year and love them. I can see the over stretching issue. Mine were tight when i got them and as they broke in i would have to retie them at half time because they felt looser. But the upper to me was fantastic. The softest synthetic ive ever used. I also love offset lacing. It just has always suited be better idk why. The sole plate was crazy stiff when i first got them and that was my biggest issue. It took about 3 games to break in which was way too long imo. But once it did....brilliant boot.

HV2 will not be purchased. Not with that collar. But i will check out the no-collar model (Phinish or whatever they are calling it). I actually really like the new design aesthetically. Will be interested to hear what the upper is (nikeskin 2.0 or just a tejin synth or whatever)

13. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Tried the HV 1 today... what a narrow boot... it killed my feet

14. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I loved the look of the HV and had quiet a few pairs but no matter how much I wore them it just seemed like they never broke in - especially the sole. as I've said before they are a smart looking boot (currently!) but I just didn't like them on my foot. I think Nike were onto something with this current model. It just needed a few tweaks, i can't believe they have ditched pretty much everything about the HV considering it was so popular with a lot of people have players given really bad feedback?

appleCORR

15. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    It is Nike's widest boot!

16. Oli Coultas

Oli Coultas Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Leeds
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Must just need the right foot?' My pair feel amazing

17. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I had no problem with Legends and Elastico Superflys... :(

jayc23 repped this.
  18. MilanMadrid

MilanMadrid Member

Nov 27, 2014
    I just got my Elastico Superfly's in and wore them around a bit, thought I would give my first impressions on them.

It's my first time wearing a boot with a dynamic fit collar on them, and man were these things hard to put on. I'm currently wearing a thin brace because of an injury which made it almost impossible to get my foot in. I had to really stretch the dynamic fit collar just to get them on, up to the point where I was scared I might rip some of knitting. Once I got them on the first thing I noticed was the awkward fit. I went true to size and I have a little more space in the front than I would want, about a thumbnail size. One of my feet had an arch cramp the whole time I had them on. On top of this, my heels never felt truly locked down. The actual touch of the boot is great. The Nike Skin gives it a great amount of grip without being an annoyance (nothing Predator LZ-like), and the upper is a great thickness.

To be honest, I'm kind of disappointed in these. I really did expect a lot more since everyone seemed to talk about the "sock-like" fit of flyknit boots. Judging by these, I'm happy I didn't splash out the $275-$300 for the Superfly IV or the Obra. I'm hoping the fit issues disappear once the shoes have a couple hours in them and are broken in.

The Straight Shooters and jayc23 repped this.
  19. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    so... thats boots and boots... and feet and feet...
    the Elastico Superfly is, by far, the best TF boot that I've used...

20. MilanMadrid

MilanMadrid Member

Nov 27, 2014
    I'm hoping once they break in they'll become more comfortable. Like I said, the actual touch/materials of the shoe are fantastic.

serginhobertholi repped this.
  21. MilanMadrid

MilanMadrid Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Since I can't return them after I use them, I was wearing them around the house to see if they would break in. I was wearing them without socks and one thing I noticed is that the insole of one of the shoes would kind of pop up against my arch as I was walking. Will this go away after use or while wearing socks? Or does it mean there is an issue with my foot width or arch of my foot? I really want to go use them but don't want to risk throwing $150 away.

22. cjcjcj

cjcjcj New Member

Nov 20, 2014

Attached Files:

TRIXTA805 repped this.
  23. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    That's that Dashiki Print! lol

24. iceburg333

iceburg333 New Member

May 17, 2013
    Like a lot of you I absolutely love the hv1. I have the wc edition, launch edition in the Orange/black, reflective pack, and now a blackout pair of ID's. However have any of you noticed the difference in the uppers? My ID's and the reflective pack uppers are noticeably thicker and less pliable. Also on the inside, the felt feeling inside has holes throughout it on the wc's and the Orange/black ones but not the ID's and reflective pack?

25. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    never happened for me regarding the insoles but yes they do break in and become super awesome.