Nike Thread [21] - all info, pictures, questions here.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, May 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think the only stores you will find with stock are stores in London now, such as Nike Town and the Pro Direct Soccer store .. and possibly soccer scene.

I live in Birmingham and there used to be a store called The Locker Room which was Footlockers sister store and sold top of the end boots, basket ball shoes etc ... the one by me has closed down. I don't know if thats all the stores across the country or just that one. But they had them in stock along with the superfly.

it's a real pain that nobody stocks these shoes because like you said you really could do with trying them on before you buy them and when you do get a pair i definitely recommend wearing them around the house for a bit.

I have quite wide feet but the Obra fit pretty much true to size length wise and do have some give in them as the upper is slightly stretchy. So if you do end up ordering them online might be worth getting your size and then a size up and see what you think.

appleCORR

Jonny98 repped this.
  2. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    For any of you wanting to see more of the new HV boots you can always check out Gunt22 instagram account. I'm nt going to poach pictures and I you all to do the same.

He has mock ups and better picture of the top end and drop down boot. Anyone looking on his page cannot tell me that if you were to add a yellow swoosh to the orange coloured boots you wouldn't have a pair of the hyper punch Superfly.

appleCORR

3. Jonny98

Jonny98 Member

Jul 26, 2014
    Southampton
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Cheers! I guess a trip to London is in order then at some point.

4. Jonny98

Jonny98 Member

Jul 26, 2014
    Southampton
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Long shot but do they fit width wise at all similar to Nike's other flyknit shoes (running or chukka)?

5. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I've just measured my Obras & my Chukkas (which are both the same size) and both of them are 9cms at the widest point of the boot. I but if you have the Chukkas then they should give you a pretty good idea of the fit.

If you want anymore measurements just let me know.

I had no trouble with the Obra's at all the first time that I wore them. They felt a bit snug but soon stretched out. The great thing is they don't stretch TOO much. Even if you feel that you are over pulling the collar to try and get them on (it used to take me ages but i managed to find the knack now!) that falls back into shape after a minute or two.

I've said it loads on here - and I know you are trying too but the best thing is to try them on. These boots are so expensive you don't want to risk getting yourself the wrong size. If i could afford it I'd order 2 sizes an return the size that didn't fit me. That way you've ticked all the boxes and will hopefully get to enjoy this amazing boot as much as everyone else who owns a pair.

appleCORR

6. Jonny98

Jonny98 Member

Jul 26, 2014
    Southampton
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    That's brilliant thanks! Chukkas and my pair of lunar 2's fit amazingly, so sounds all good! Man flyknit is comfortable...

7. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I know I love flyknit I think Chukka's are one of the comfiest things I've had on my feet in a long time. Now just imagine how flyknit feels on a football boot and you won't be disappointed getting a pair of Obras.

appleCORR

Oli Coultas repped this.
  8. niterida09

niterida09 Member

Dec 20, 2005
    I don't understand Nike. they drop the HV and everyone loses their mind because it looks great and functions great. best boots from Nike since the tiempo model dinho wore a barca. why would you change a boot that's sells well and change it so drastically that it has zero similarities to the original. looks like im gonna stock up on HV when they go on sale. best boot in years should've just changed the color schemes.

9. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    The Hypervenom is widely considered a terrible boot and I'm glad they change it but I too think they should focus on improving it instead of a revamp. The barefoot concept is a good one but Nike must understand that a collar only makes the boot less barefoot like.

jayc23 repped this.
  10. Soccerstyle09

Soccerstyle09 Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I wasn't aware the hypervenom was considered "terrible", but it definitely needs improvements. It could definitely be more durable. More supportive. Retain its shape better. But it has some perks I feel. I think the stud pattern is nice. The outsole starts a bit stiff but mine loosened up nicely. It's also a nice lightweight option for wide footed players. I would say it wasn't bad for a debut boot in a new silo....

11. The Footy Collector

May 20, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The hypervenom is my go to boot, but I will say, they're the only boot I own that are better out of the box than broken in. I wish they could retain the shape they come in, mine blew out super wide and lost that secure feeling. I've heard a lot of people complain about the soleplate and it's stiffness, but I think it's one of the better sole plates out there, just my two cents.

Clash10 repped this.
  12. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

care to elaborate on that?

lattanzio repped this.
  13. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    No. I and others have already pointed out several flaws and it was not during a hiatus of yours.

14. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Most boots have flaws, but to say its terrible because it has flaws? the flaws being?

The sole plate is too stiff? well thats down to the person, not necessarily a flaw of the boot, just personal opinion.

The upper loses shape? I've actually seen two people say this.

I would actually like to hear as to why the hyper venom is a terrible boot, in your own words?

15. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    Learn to search the forums...

16. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    well there is certainly no need to respond like that. Jesus just wanted some more then 'no' and 'widely considered a terrible boot'

i just fail to see how its 'widely' considered...

the player uptake of the boot is pretty high, its as far as photographs go one of boots that is least customised for pros The only real customisation I see is many pros want the 6 stud sole rather then the sg-pro sole.

17. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    The player uptake of "uncustomized" Adidas Instinkts is also pretty high. Unless you have very wide feet the Phantom is just not wearable at all.

18. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    But you still don't provide any sort of backing as to why it's widely considered a terrible boot, just your opinion.

Seems as if you just plucked a word from the air because you don't like a boot.

19. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    No I told you to search the forums. I am not going to make a video montage of every post pointing out something bad about a football boot.

20. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Basically bob has made a generalist, blanket statement reflecting his personal opinion. Something he has attempted to crucify others for in the past and he has also been curt and abrupt in his response due to lacking a solid base to argue from - not that it doesn't exist, he just isn't willing and/or is incapable of exploring it.

At this point I am convinced that he has no self awareness on any level, is totally obtuse and completely dense or he is the most clever troll to exist in the history of BigSoccer. Either way, I (and I am sure many others) are bored of his antics. Keep him under his bridge and ignore him.

tilburysoccer repped this.
  21. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    Listen Johnny, I try to avoid any arguing as it would only lead to yet another member taking a break from BS. If I break all the puppets I have none left to play with.

I am here to help those who seek knowledge about boots and that is all.

22. MilanMadrid

MilanMadrid Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Do you guys think the elastico superfly or the lunar gato II are worth the price? Which one would you recommend to someone who often plays on concrete, and occasionally plays indoor or freestyle.

23. Footballer-7

Footballer-7 Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    And yet, you're not...

Anyway to try to answer David's Q, I did find the boot to lose its shape relatively quickly, for some reason it just never maintained its shape like other boots i've used. Still not a 'bad' boot, but room for improvement. Still one of the most visually impressive though.

24. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Elastico Superfly worth any penny paid...!

Kalouda, jayc23 and MilanMadrid repped this.
  25. MilanMadrid

MilanMadrid Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Haha, even on concrete?