Nike Thread [16] - all info, questions, pics here please

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going all in on the white colorway aswell I just hope they don't look like they have been used for a whole season after only one use lol.

2. neaghee

neaghee Member

Jun 2, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

They appear thicker than the suede release versions. How thick/thin are these iDs?

3. keytoarson

keytoarson Member

Jan 22, 2009
    MN
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. InTheUpper90s

InTheUpper90s Member

Sep 4, 2008
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    they are pretty thin, i wouldn't know about the regular release cause i actually haven't seen them in person yet

5. C-dub57

C-dub57 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Is the upper thinner than any of the AdiZero synthetics? I actually love the AdiZero Prime upper because it's so thin. Surely it's not thinner than the prime or even the standard synthetics?

Ignoring durability, would you go with the AdiPowers or the VIIIs? just asking because then the AdiPowers came out, they were getting just as good reviews as the VIIIs (obviously things have changed).

6. dannysnightout

Jul 31, 2011
    NJ, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    Whoever it was Gunt sure knows him.

8. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Haha, we will have some artistic pictures of them soon in gunts thread! :)

appleCORR

9. Kick_tv

Kick_tv Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Vapor 8 review from our brand new Gear show. Take a look and let us know what you think.

bit.ly/HYBmWF

10. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I haven't had a pair of synthetic AdiZero's in hand in a while, but I would say they are comparable in terms of thickness. I told someone that the material on the Vapor feels like a pair of boardshorts/surf trunks (real ones for surfing, not a bathing suit).

I think the adiPower is a vastly different shoe, so it is hard to pick one vs. the other based on what they offer. I can say the Vapor was game ready out of the box, the adiPower was not. The Vapor has a better fit right away, but the adiPower breaks in very well.

I think the choice would come down to your desire for leather or synthetic. Personally at this point, I would go for the Vapor as I like the feel of shoe a lot, but if we are durability neutral, it is a close call.

11. Bootboy

Bootboy Member

Oct 23, 2007
    North London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I have both - I would say in terms of thickness, they're hard to compare - both hold a VERY thin upper, but the vapour's upper is far far softer than the adizero's - in fact its even softer than my leather ones, after breaking them in and playing a few games in them. Some people find the thin, soft upper on the vapor can be a bit too thin for shooting, and the adizero does have rubber areas on the boot which prevent that, in the form of the sprint frame.

regardless, if you want the MiCoach, which is arguably a gimmick - go with the adizeros, but the vapor blows the f50 out of the water with the sole palate and upper.

12. NIKE-PRO

NIKE-PRO Member

Mar 13, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  13. C-dub57

C-dub57 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You, sir, just sold Nike another pair of VIIIs. ordered tonight. I was really torn between the colors, but ultimately went with the Mangos as I decided I should try to match our kits (orange and black)

14. chivamex10

chivamex10 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    your mom's house
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  15. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. Juventus_Supporter

May 29, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    All of them look classy, you got good taste. I'd pick the one that compliments your kit the best.

1 person likes this.
  17. Bootboy

Bootboy Member

Oct 23, 2007
    North London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    ah very happy to help mate! yeah I think its a really nice colour way - pretty much the same orange as the nike box, which is a comparison I'm surprised people haven't really made!

18. Alexandre Pato 7

Alexandre Pato 7 Legends that will never be forgotten <3

Mar 16, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
  19. C-dub57

C-dub57 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    nice. I haven't seen them in person, so i haven't been able to tell if it's closer to an off-orange or the classic 'max orange'. glad to hear it's the not the off-orange. thanks a lot for the help!

20. davoo

davoo Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ronaldo supposed to wear new Sail/Red colorway for El Clasico. We'll find out in 10 min!!

21. RageXI

RageXI New Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nope, he's not!
    ******** you nike :(

22. frannie11

frannie11 Member

Oct 9, 2009
    uk
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
  23. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Credit to me, who found them via nikes flickr account

24. lnicholson29

lnicholson29 Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    OMG there are soooo many nice combinations for Nike iD!!! It is almost impossible to choose :(