Nike Thread [16] - all info, questions, pics here please

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it should work if you use it at a nike store. Why don't u ask nike? I'm sure their answer would be more clear than ours.

2. RageXI

RageXI New Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Anyone got any idea of the best way to clean the Vapor 8s, specifically the white colourway.
    I don't mind if they aren't bright white, in fact if they look a little used it's better I think, but I have a few ugly scuffs I'd like to try remove.

3. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Have you tried clothes stain remover? Like the spray on stuff?

4. ajaffe

ajaffe Member

Nov 22, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    White balance on cameras will do that as will different brands of cameras.

1 person likes this.
  5. Kalouda

Kalouda Member

Dec 18, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Something that has just dawned on me after being at Niketown yesterday, you can order white NikeID vapor's and not worry about the scuffing/stains as much due to the different upper, hope this helps anyone ordering them that has a dilemma with colour options.

6. dannysnightout

Jul 31, 2011
    NJ, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For some reason I just really don't believe the upper on the Nike Id vapor 8's is any different than the upper on the regular Vapor 8, except maybe the safari option.

7. Kalouda

Kalouda Member

Dec 18, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm in London tomorrow for the FA cup semi final if I have time I'll pop into Niketown, but I assure you the NikeID vapors in oxford street are 100% leather, definately not the regular synthetic.

8. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

if they are leather.. then why would someone in the boot room lie to me on the phone?

Even after asking if they were offering exclusive niketown leather id vapor?

They said everything instore is the same as nikeid.com and it mentions no where of them being leather.

9. Kalouda

Kalouda Member

Dec 18, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I don't know, I'll try to get some pictures tomorrow though.

10. frannie11

frannie11 Member

Oct 9, 2009
    uk
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    if you take a close look at the ones in niketown they appear to be either kangalite or like the euros (made to look like leather) i would go with kangalite looking at the pic.....if you go tomorrow you can ask ;)
    [​IMG]

11. dannysnightout

Jul 31, 2011
    NJ, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It would have the kanga lite branding on the boot.

12. Kalouda

Kalouda Member

Dec 18, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    There not like the euro's, there either leather or kanga lite. Only reason I say leather is because they normally stamp kanga lite somewhere on the boot, thinking in going through oxford circus tomorrow but will be late when I can get online.

Edit: that's the pair I held, there not as thick as CTRs or T90's. Could be an improved kanga lite. You've saved me with that picture though thanks.

13. RageXI

RageXI New Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Club:
    Everton FC

I'm scared of putting stuff on it incase it messes the material or colour up.

14. Ninety+

Ninety+ Member

Mar 24, 2010
    if you wait until the next colorway of the vapors they will be the same material. i'm speaking of the black (seaweed green) ones with the yellow swoosh as well as the cr7 one's black with pink and blue. so for some reason i think the current colorways are the only to be with the suede finish

15. lnicholson29

lnicholson29 Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Nooby question here. But tmoz i have to wear some boots which rub abit, so im gonna use vaseline to stop that, but do i put the vaseline on my foot then sock over, or do i put my sock on then put the vaseline on my sock and the boot? or both? thanks

16. R1PP

R1PP Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Swarthmore, PA
    Is it possible that nikeid.com uses the same leathery product, but the stock vapors are the synthetic?

17. Juventus_Supporter

May 29, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    All 3, most important being the boot, feet then sock. If it's just the heel I'd highly recommend Compeed blister patches + vaseline, almost zero percent chance of blistering.

18. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    Yes but make sure you put your boots on correctly or the compeed stuff may go off.

19. Juventus_Supporter

May 29, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Depends which brand you use, Blistex, Elastoplast and Band-Aid aren't as good and have come off for me, Compeed never has.

20. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

i think what we are seeing is the same style material as the euro vapors... it was the same as the rest of the IV line only made to look like leather.

21. Kalouda

Kalouda Member

Dec 18, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Been into NikeTown, I feel like an idiot. Apparently they are the regular synthetic treated differently to act more like leather, so they fooled me. My bad.

22. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    I was talking about compeed, authentic Swedish ones.

23. SilverXX

SilverXX Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Norway
    Club:
    Tromso IL
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Just a quick question, if I make some whiteout SFs/Vapors on NikeiD, will they be all white, or is there going to be "outlines" from the swoosh?

24. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    They will be white, although the tick is a different sort of material to the upper so you will be able to see it, but there won't be a black outline around it or anything but you will be able to make out the tick close up.

appleCORR

25. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'd love a whiteout/blackout pair of Vapors.