Nike Thread [16] - all info, questions, pics here please

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Italy or Bosnia...my Mango's that arrived today are Bosnia made. I figured this would happen when production was required to be amped up beyond batch one. Nike is literally selling out and restocking weekly.

True to an extent, as all reviews are subjective, but good ones like Josh's, mine, and even Bryan's at SC101 (although some seem to pander) can help answer questions for those without a shop close by.

So the mangos arrived....my initial impression is wow. I am not trying to get on the hype wagon, but this shoe was a long, long, long time coming given the expectations/hope I have always had with a new Vapor.

2. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Exactly JC. I rolled my eyes at Nike's marketing for this boot, but I really was surprised when I got my hands on the boot. I thought the Vapor series would never return to its former glory, but Nike has finally done good! The Superfly series was as close as we got to a decent upper on the Vapors, but even that was stiff and far too expensive.

I wish I was still playing football. Just so I could buy these boots. Sad :p

3. dannysnightout

Jul 31, 2011
    NJ, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. lnicholson29

lnicholson29 Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    i asked this in the defect thread, but no responses really, regarding my nike voucher

It said it cant be used on ordering nike id, but then it said it could be used in store, and niketown, but you can get nike id boots in store? so does this mean if i use the voucher in store i can get nike iD?
    Also,
    2) Do you not get a paper based/e-credit note?
    3) If you want the voucher to use instore do you have use it on the day you go? What id you went to an outlet factory and it was pretty whack? I wouldnt want to waste the voucher?

any advice appreciated. I can also copy the email sent if needed or you can check the defects threads

5. NIKE-PRO

NIKE-PRO Member

Mar 13, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  6. NIKE-PRO

NIKE-PRO Member

Mar 13, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  7. R1PP

R1PP Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Swarthmore, PA
    ^^^I know that wear and tear is a bigger deal, but are the Mangos color inconsistent with different batches? I feel like I have seen ones that look more orange and some more red.

8. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    I also have a some tears where the upper meets the sole plate. This has happen to all of my boots so not a big deal for me.

9. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Interesting.... it's talking about the weird upper, and says Nike calls it the 'surface of the moon' upper.

That's the padding put there for 'control' it says.

It also states new 'kangalite II leather'?

Also posted is the 4 stripes on each boot for swerve, similar to predators.

And then at the front part of the boot, he takes pic of the stud patterns, and states that the CTR's no longer have a 'circular' design compared to past versions.

And the last part, is there is a stamp on the boot about the stud pattern called 'ACC - All condition Control.

Says he doesn't have much info on it, and will update when he does.

10. b0sk1

b0sk1 Member+

Jan 28, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ever since I first saw the first few pics of the CTR IIIs I've been very curious about the outsole, can't wait for some more information on it.

11. Kalouda

Kalouda Member

Dec 18, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Just been into NikeTown London and the ID vapors are made in china and aren't the usual synthetic, some kind of leather or maybe kanga lite. They look and feel good nevertheless.

12. frannie11

frannie11 Member

Oct 9, 2009
    uk
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    i ordered id vapors not knowing this so guess its a bonus! strange how there is no info on nike id about this...obviously you would be expecting to get the regular material from normal vapors.

13. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Could it be that niketown are offering an exclusive k-leather upper again?

though... I'm sure the people that have been in know the difference between kanga lite and k-leather?

right,just rang niketown!

They aren't offering any niketown exclusive k-leather upper, everything is the same as online.

14. Kalouda

Kalouda Member

Dec 18, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    There definitely some kind off leather and not te regular synthetic, they were pretty supple too.

15. Bootboy

Bootboy Member

Oct 23, 2007
    North London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I don't want to receive an infraction for posting the photo, but Gunt has just put a photo of the ID'ed vapor in safari on Facebook - I imagine thats what looked like leather, the matte/gloss combination looks very 'leather like'

16. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    post it up here!

17. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Wow! I gotta visit there!

18. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Could you imagine working there?

19. Kalouda

Kalouda Member

Dec 18, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Personally they look better without the safari dots, but the colour ways Nike had done in store weren't great

20. C-dub57

C-dub57 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I swear Nike intentionally makes ugly sample iDs. They are notorious for it.

21. Kalouda

Kalouda Member

Dec 18, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah true, the best pair were blackout safari's and an all white test pair. Really tempted, the SG pro looks good too. After missing out on the Vapor IV-K I might get these.

22. lnicholson29

lnicholson29 Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Still need some answers to my questions!?!?! I want to get the Safari black / white sg pro iD's, but i want to know if i can use my voucher to get them!?!?!