Nike Cup - US v. Australia [R]

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by thegoofy1, Oct 2, 2002.

1. UWHusky

UWHusky New Member

Aug 27, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    I was also surprised that it took her so long to realize that it deflected off the keeper.

I thought it was an awful shot. It shouldn't have ended up in the net. The irony is that it was a goal despite a crappy shot by Brandi and an excellent dive by the keeper. Furthermore, and unforunately for Australia's young keeper, had the dive not been so good, the ball might not have deflected off of her back on frame.

2. clavs

clavs Member

Jun 14, 2000
    Beulah's match report is up:

Hours of my life offcially wasted - your turn: US v. Australia [r]

Note: WSW seems to be tweaking its message board so that - for now at least - new posts can't be initiated there. Beulah's posted this report as a "reply" a few inches from the top. Doesn't *anyone* have suggestions for a new permanent home for the Beulah oeuvre??

3. Jo

Jo New Member

Jan 15, 2000
    Kansas
    Thanks for bringing this to our attention. It's such a pleasure to read these reports by Beulah. Such fun.

Clavs, did you get the old Beulahs I sent you? I think there were about 10 of them. And, yes, we need a place on the net to archive them. But I don't know where.

4. Soccersuzie

Soccersuzie New Member

Jun 17, 2001
    Orange County
    Last year in a match between the spirit and beat, kim pickup did a flip throw and bri touched it into the back of the net. since you can't score from a throw-in, it was deemed an own goal by briana scurry.

Beulah... those write-ups are priceless.

5. Quaker

Quaker Member+

FC Dallas
    Apr 19, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Attendance

Well, 3,144 is close enough for me to rip away. What's the deal? Were these games not promoted at all? Why can't we get any support for the USWNT in Cary? I know they would have drawn better than that in San Jose...

6. jvanark

jvanark New Member

Jan 16, 2002
    No. There was no promotion as such. I was in attendance for all of the matches played at SAS and asked a number of people how the heard about the match and almost to a SoccerMom they said word of mouth, an announcement at a youth practice, etc.

I don't know why this was the case but I would love to hear someone explain where CASL was with promotion, why the Courage were kept out of the loop until the Friday before the first match and what ever else went on that screwed this up.

Lack of organization and promotion resulting in a real low attendance probably messed up any chance of getting WNT here anytime soon for another match.

7. Hamm-star

Hamm-star New Member

Oct 2, 2002
    Actualy that heel flick in Anapolis for the goal was Mia Hamm, of an assist by CP.