Nick Taitague at Schalke

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Academy' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Johnnybegood10

Schalke 04
    United States
    Aug 17, 2017
    I have gone back to read my posts and most of them was to contradict some of your posts. I can't see where I exaggerate from fact/opinion or flat out lie. Your last post attacked Norbert Elgert. I defended him. You constantly attack Nick on his post. I just defended him. You said at the beginning of the season that Nick wasn't going to start this season...he has started all the games this season. You constantly tell this forum that his fans are negative. Maybe some are, but the majority are very favorable. What lies are you talking about? I have some family in Germany so I get to see some games firsthand. Have you seen a game, firsthand? You said that Nick's stats are mediocre and expressed that he had 0 assists. I offered to you that he had 4 assists. After yesterday, he has 5 assists and 1 goal.
    Have you considered that you are full of opinion? How can you know so much about so many young footballers and be right? By reading other blogs makes you an expert on many things, not sure if it works that way...Have you considered maybe you are wrong?
    As for why I post in Nick's post and not the first team. I only stumbled on this while searching for Nick Taitague Schalke U19 on google and your post showed up on google. I joined to contradict some of the things you have said...the first team is pretty good...my family loves them through all of its ups and down. I don't post on it because I don't want too.

Gacm32, anivha, superdave and 6 others repped this.
  2. Johnnybegood10

Schalke 04
    United States
    Aug 17, 2017
    One more thing...my family lives in Germany. We visit them in August. I have been to the last 2 Ruhr Cups because last year I heard about 3 americans at Schalke. I wasn't a fan until last year. This year, I heard that Nick was the only one left at the u19 level. He has progressed nicely in the 2 years that I have followed the team.
    My nephew goes to a lot of the games and have met the players and even the coaches. Norbert actually got married in the United States.
    What are some inaccuracies so I can defend them? If none, then lets get back to the channel and build these players up. I like Haji, Weston, Nick and Christian. Schalke added a 4th american at the u16 level...Carl. I have been to some of his games and he is adapting well to Germany.
    Back to the channel.

3. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    @Johnnybegood10 thanks for sharing your firsthand knowledge and insights about our yanks abroad at S04. Don't let the negative folks put you off.

Gacm32 and largegarlic repped this.
  4. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    And don’t be afraid to use the ignore button as well, it will keep you sane.

Gacm32 and y-lee-coyote repped this.
  5. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Carl Hartmann?

6. Johnnybegood10

Schalke 04
    United States
    Aug 17, 2017
    Yes...he lives with grandparents. He came From Richmond Va. Do you know him?

7. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gacm32, y-lee-coyote and ShaftBrewer repped this.
  8. chrome_vapors

chrome_vapors Member+

Oct 15, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @ussoccer97531 You're going way overboard.

Let's be clear here, you dispute his count of Nick's assist dating back the past 18 months or so. You do have some evidence that indicates that your numbers are indeed accurate.

But I'm not sure why you're so viciously attacking him - especially since he's contributed a lot of information that has nothing to do with statistics.

9. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Gacm32, TarHeels17 and BostonRed repped this.
  10. Johnnybegood10

Schalke 04
    United States
    Aug 17, 2017
    Here is a pic of my tickets...lets move forward. I hate defending this...so just let this be about Nick. And, I don't lie. Ruhr Cup tickets for the last 2 years. Also, one of the Schalke u19 tickets, not sure which one since I have been to about a dozen. Let's move on. IMG_3041.JPG

Gacm32, Namdynamo, wixson7 and 7 others repped this.
  11. Johnnybegood10

Schalke 04
    United States
    Aug 17, 2017
    against opponents this season
    Budapest 1 goal ruhr cup
    Bayern Munich 1 assist ruhr cup
    he could have scored or assisted in other preseason tournaments not sure
    Preußen Munster 1 assist
    FC Gutersloh 1 assist
    Fortuna Dusselldorf 1 assist 1 pk
    Rot Weib 1 goal 1 pk

For last season...my nephew said 7 assists from preseason to season ending including tournaments. I think Nick played in 2 tournaments before Ruhr Cup as a guest. His first game was against Dortmund in February and since I didn't know to defend his stats...I am depending on a nephew to give me details. Haji actually didn't take all of Nick's pk wins because I remember Yannis taking 2. One being against Bayern Munich in the German Cup.

what other numbers do you want?

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  12. Johnnybegood10

Schalke 04
    United States
    Aug 17, 2017
    #262 Johnnybegood10, Oct 22, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
    I have seen Haji take their penalties in the beginning of the season then lost it to Yannis after he missed a couple. My mistake was including preseason games lumped into season games. I will break that info down for you but not tonight.

I am not sure your transfer market site works even today. It show Nick with 1 goal and no assists 2017/2018. It isn't really authentic or trustworthy is it. Go ahead and click on the site so if it isn't right in 2017, then how would it be right in 2016/2017. It doesn't show drawn pks, most people on blogs give it as assist.

My problem with your info is that its all about a newspaper or schalke fan blogs or even something you can't see in the numbers. Most of the time, if you goto a game , you can see a player first hand. You can talk to the fans on the sidelines. You have not neither. In the case of Nick Taitague, you are wrong. He will get a shot at the first team as with Flo, Yannis, Goller, Fleckstein, because that is how is works at Schalke. You work hard and play your guts out and you get a shot.

So go ahead and start doing your PM on numbers you cannot support because you are dependent on something that isn't even correct.

I hope Nick makes it to the first team. He has had a hard life. He has sacrificed and has made something of himself when he was always told that he was too small or you needed to be in academy system. He loves his team and the town has embraced him. He lives in a 2 bedroom flat with Weston in Gelsenkerchen. He is considered very giving and exemplary to work with. This is the reason I root for him to succeed. You just see names and no stats(which are wrong) how does he practice, does he have attitude, does he give 100%.

He is held in high regard from Hugo Perez, Benjamin Ziemer, Javier Perez, Ritchie Williams, Brad Friedel, Tab Ramos, and most recent Omid. Nick gives 100%. Elgert, whom you dislike, loves him and single handedly picked him up at trial...not a recruiter.

So, I don't really want to talk about this anymore. Just ignore my posts. I don't agree with you because I never see you at the games. You have solid opinions on players you haven't seen in person. So I rebuke you on this topic.

13. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    #263 dark knight, Oct 23, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
    All - youth threads are really not the place to get in running feuds about stats. If you have concerns about anyone's authenticity, please send to the mods. YA readers are sophisticated enough to judge for themselves on homer bias. Thanks

Gacm32, Rahbiefowlah, wixson7 and 7 others repped this.
  14. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    FYP

15. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @ussoccer97531 @Johnnybegood10 Just put each other on mute, but continue to post here. You two probably account for 85% of the information in this thread and it's much appreciated.

Lookingforleftbacks and Winoman repped this.
  16. Johnnybegood10

Schalke 04
    United States
    Aug 17, 2017
    Gacm32, Namdynamo and chrome_vapors repped this.
  17. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    good to see you back posting actual content and not whatever that thing was you did the past 2 pages. ;)

18. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Nice video, thanks @Johnnybegood10 .

Schalke highlights start at the 25 second mark on the video.

He helped create the 2nd goal, drew the PK (body slam) on the 3rd, and scored the 4th with a tap in. He's #11 on the left wing, floppy brown hair.

Gacm32 and TheFalseNine repped this.
  19. Johnnybegood10

Schalke 04
    United States
    Aug 17, 2017
    The next 3 league games for Schalke 19a are against the bottom 3 teams so not sure how exciting those games are gonna be. One tournament game against Leipzig in between all of those games should be good. Maybe Tyler Adams can transfer to Leigzig RedBull u19 team and start his German Bundesliga career. I know "not gonna happen" but maybe it should. The Redbulls team isn't firing on any cylinders right now. I would love to see that game.

20. LandonDonovan2018

Dec 29, 2016
    Taitague vs Shaft Brewer? I'm down for that.

21. Johnnybegood10

Schalke 04
    United States
    Aug 17, 2017
    Schalke won 5-1 against last place team. Chippy game with SC Koln getting 2 red cards. Very small turf field today. Ahmed and Nassim scored 2 apiece and Mercan, Nick played well but got fouled a lot along with Goller and Flo...they were taken out early for protection. Again, the next 3 games are with the bottom half so not going to be exciting.

Pl@ymaker and Namdynamo repped this.
  22. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nick was our most dangerous player with the U18s. Is he close to playing with Schalke's first team?

23. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I don't think he makes a first team appearance this season unless he gets an invite to winter camp and plays out of his mind there.

24. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe he'll raise his stock if he continues to play well with our U20s.

25. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I doubt that has all that big an effect. They see him everyday and know what he is capable of.

Gacm32 and Pl@ymaker repped this.