Nick Taitague at Schalke

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Academy' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    here's your good news.

made the squad after all, game is currently 1-0 for Schalke, scored by Boujellab with the assist by Goller. Schalke dominating the game. Since Schalke are playing away to Hoff they have the edge.

Nick just came on now, on the 79th minute.

butters59, Gorky, Namdynamo and 7 others repped this.
  2. TheFalseNine

TheFalseNine Moderator
    Staff Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 15, 2014
    Norman, Okla.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Namdynamo, wixson7, Winoman and 2 others repped this.
  3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    from what I saw he didn't do much in his 11 minutes, was a very meh/boring game too.

wixson7, Winoman and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  4. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    TxEx, Pl@ymaker, Winoman and 4 others repped this.
  5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    wixson7 and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  6. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    I dunno, any game with both a Schichtwechsel AND a Torschütze can't be too boring.

And now I'm hungry for some reason.

;)

Winoman repped this.
  7. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    bummer he didn't get his starting spot back after the injury, huge game for him to shine in. Hopefully he gets good minutes in the 2nd half.

Winoman repped this.
  8. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've heard that with the upcoming USMNT camp being for Euro-youths, Nick will be receiving a call up.

sakibomb523, TxEx, kba4life1 and 2 others repped this.
  9. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Coming in now: 60th minute, up 3-1. Game showing live on facebook page for schalke youth.

Winoman and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  10. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    #435 wixson7, May 15, 2018
    Last edited: May 15, 2018
    immediate pressure on the keeper and Nick takes him out inside the 6 yard box.

looks to be playing left wing but is floating all over the place at the moment.

- Gets ball on the break and takes it 60 yards but gets stripped at top of the box trying to make a move.
    - is played in the box on the left, takes a weak shot with his left out for goal kick. he was played in way too late and defender closed him down quick.

- played again on left side of box, shows super quick feet/move to get space, plays pass into top of the box, gets moved around and goal scored.

4-1 Schalke 68'

11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    1st thing he did was foul the keeper, lol.

12. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Looks to be naturally coming in the middle a bit more. Plays nice 1-2 in the middle of park, ball back to him is soft so he slides in (a tad dangerously) but gets the ball clean. Opponent makes a meal of it (shocker) and Nick gets a yellow.

He doesn't shy away from contact that's for sure.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  13. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    and.....that sucks... Pulls up with hammy. Terrible timing. He's coming off.

Made a nice diag run across the field to get played in towards other endline, was looking to either shoot or cross... immediately goes down.

Say goodbye to the Philly friendly, maybe look for a callup for the France/Ireland games.. if recovered.

Winoman and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  14. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Pulls his left hammy, looks pretty severe. Pulled up hard.

15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    had a good 1st 5 minutes but then faded quickly and his injury issues continue and is subbed out.

16. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    In watching him this season, and again today (albeit limited minutes). He is extremely technical, quick and scrappy, but highly skilled. Not getting into a player comparison discussion but he's got a dempsey/carleton vibe to him. Would be interesting to see if he can sit in the middle as a #10 type player or he's best suited out on the wing to use his speed.

Either way, overall good season for him. Couple injuries but moved up a bit in the ranks and got some 1st team training. He'll be back ready to go for pre-season and see what he can do at age 19 now.

17. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    have the hamstring injuries been recurring?

18. eliwood

eliwood Member+

Jul 25, 2016
    Damn he's a glass cannon thus far

Crazy to think Pulisic has been largely able to avoid injuries/knocks with a similar build. And Pulisic plays against pros

19. Lookingforleftbacks

Galaxy
    United States
    Dec 17, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A lot of his injuries have been leg muscle strains. I don’t think there’s any definitive proof, but I bet a lot of people who have recurring leg muscle strains have them because they let their back tighten up. Bad posture, sleeping awkwardly, sitting in chairs or on sofas for long periods at a time, that type of thing.

Diet can also play a big part. Caffeine, alcohol, and just not drinking enough water and electrolytes in general. Also, not consuming enough protein and carbohydrates to develop muscle. Unfortunately, unless someone helps you realize the error of your ways, most players with these issues usually dont correct them.

eliwood repped this.
  20. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    In other news, @eliwood has just outed his/her self as a gamer... ;)

eliwood, gunnerfan7 and Anderson11 repped this.
  21. Lookingforleftbacks

Galaxy
    United States
    Dec 17, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As have you

22. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Yeah, but I hide everything else behind my bizarre and obscure username.

Gorky, eliwood, Winoman and 6 others repped this.
  23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Just a messenger.

After injuring himself in the SF Leg 2 vs Hoff U19, looks like Nick will miss the U19 Championship final this Sunday vs Hertha.
    https://schalke04.de/knappenschmiede/deutsche-meisterschaft-u19/f-i-n-a-l-e/

basically since mid April he's missed 3 games including the final and 3 games only used as a sub. If he really does miss the final, he will have played no relevant part in the entire "knockout games" for the Championship.

Anderson11 and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  24. Anderson11

Anderson11 Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry to poke fun at you a while back about "only bad news." I hope you know it was meant in jest and I appreciate your contributions here.

TheFalseNine and Ger90 repped this.
  25. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's fine, don't worry about it.

I get it, I also get annoyed whenever a prospect that has promise for the NT gets injured and misses out.

what's important is that Nick never got any serious or long term injuries. Although he seems to easily get injured, that's an issue of his. It's his 3rd injury this season and that's all playing at the youth level not with grown men.

wixson7 repped this.