Nice 2016

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by Miggy, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Miggy

Miggy Member

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    Reading FC
  2. noar1985

noar1985 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    OGC Nice
    Hi guys,

Sorry for the late reply (I was on holiday in Bali haha)

So let's back to our main main subject:

The Zone will be nearby Place Massena at “Theatre de verdure” exactly.

Location is pretty good, near by the Old town called Vieux-Nice and the beach.

Unfortunately due the terrible last bomb attacked in Europe security will be very important. They will install electronic door and make everything separate from the area. My last fan zone was at 13 years old during the WC in France so I am not very an expert but I have the feeling it will be more fun to watch the game in a pub in Vieux-Nice (old city) than the fan zone (it is only my guessing). Fan-zone look very commercial as well but let’s see.

Regarding the shuttle bus to the stadium I heard there will be a couple from the fan zone and the airport, one I get official information I will make a post and try to give useful information.

My best advice now, is to not arrive too early at the stadium, there is really nothing to do in this area. Better to spend time on the beach before the Game.

If you plan to stay longer in Nice for vacation as well, I will recommend to rent motorbike (50 or 125CC is enough). It will make all your transport a lot easier (especially to the stadium or nice little beach around Nice). Another advice: if you can try to learn few French words, it will be useful outside the touristy area and people will be very pleased with your effort (can be handy as well for local girls/boy if you are in a hunting mood haha)

If you have any question feel free to PM or ask here, I am pleased to help football fan in my home town! I will personally arrive in France on 9th of June and go more or less to every game in Nice/Lyon/Marseille. I will be based in Nice.

I seriously can’t wait now and counting the days.

henriology repped this.
  3. db1709

db1709 Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Melbourne, Australia
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Hey noar, what is the vibe like from the rest of the city, and France, about the tournament? Are they as excited as you?

4. noar1985

noar1985 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    OGC Nice
    Hi db,

Actually I am living 8months of the year in Singapare and 4months in Nice (June to septembre) I dont know exactly How is going now in my country.

I do read a lot a French newspaper and have my friends/family over the phone very often, feedback I got:
    - there is an excitement, everybody remember how cool and nice was the WC (except few problems in Marseille and Lens it was an unforgettable experience specially with the victory at the end hehe)
    - French people tend to be a bit late with sport competition and the real excitement will start end of May few days before the tournament
    - the security is a very big concern and a lot of people are still traumatise by the last terrors terroristic

- we think that we have a great team, defence weak but still good chance to go far (playing in the A group gives you so much chance if you finish first, I even found it a bit ridiculous)

If everything goes well at the beginning of the tournament I think people will be more relax and enjoy it more !

5. VaiBrasil

VaiBrasil Member

May 20, 2014
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Great to hear! I remember watching WC '98 on TV and was very impressed with the French wave that took over the country - and I am a Brasil supporter so you can imagine it was difficult to celebrate the Final :) Can't wait to experience it myself. I have tickets to M40 in Lyon and hope France plays in this match. To hear La Marseillaise with 60,000 fans at Park Olympique is a dream. Bon Chance!

6. Barging_In

Barging_In New Member

May 16, 2014
    I read this elsewhere and thought I would share re: buses to the stadium.

Buses starting from Bus Stop Wilson, along Hotel de Postes, along Buffa joining Promenade at Gambetta. Bus 95......free of charge, every 20/30 mins I was told, starting 3 hours before kickoff.

Miggy repped this.
  7. jackjody4ever

jackjody4ever New Member

Feb 1, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I read that there will be shuttles from airport. Any idea where from at the airport? We are staying in Cannes and trying to figure out the best way to get to stadium. We will have a car so figured could just park at airport and take shuttle.

8. kaczka

kaczka Member

Feb 18, 2016
    Edmonton, Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    i see there are a lot private beach/bars in nice... which one is the best?

9. bryanod

bryanod New Member

Apr 29, 2016
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I believe its St. Augustin train station area, but stand to be corrected.

Have few games in Nice, staying at Airport, Cagnes sur Mer and downtown, so probably get well-versed in its transport options....

10. noar1985

noar1985 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    OGC Nice
    Private beach is a bit old fashion in Nice (completely overpriced and well not so fun)

The best one is http://www.hi-beach.net/ (hi Beach)
    They do have some pre party late afternoon beginning of the night.

I would recommend more in Monaco if you are looking for this type of places ;)
    Check my first post

kaczka repped this.
  11. Wolves1889

Wolves1889 Member

Mar 13, 2016
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Are there buses from the stadium to the airport after games?

12. sargopt

sargopt Member

Mar 4, 2014
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    How about creating an whatsapp group for nice, like we did in worldcup , each city had a group. People
    can change or find last minute tickets for games, ask others for bars restaurants, arranged trips to other games, etc...

noar1985 repped this.
  13. noar1985

noar1985 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    OGC Nice
    Hey why not! Good idea

14. MyB5

MyB5 Member

May 21, 2006
    Scandinavia
    Club:
    Hammarby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Just wanted you to know....trains (TGV) from Nice to Lyon on the 4 and 5th of july is only 25 euros or 32 euros in 1th class if you take the last one, arriving Lyon at 22.00. Great bargain...

15. sargopt

sargopt Member

Mar 4, 2014
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    send me your Phone number and i will start whatsapp group for nice. will be there from 10-18, in 18th i will pass administration to other, it work well in wc, this helped alot with finding spots to drink and eat and last minute tickets ;)

16. thehawk

thehawk Member

Mar 30, 2006
    San Diego, California
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Any tips from you guys who have already attended games? How's the bus service, security going into the Stade etc?

17. Miggy

Miggy Member

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Hi Noar,

I am arriving in Nice on Saturday and can't wait!! I'm wondering if you are able to answer a question of mine...

I'm going with a few mates who are boxing fans. There is a big boxing match on Saturday evening (Joshua vs Breazeale), do you know if it will be possible to watch this in a pub?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. jackjody4ever

jackjody4ever New Member

Feb 1, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We took bus from airport and it was very easy, but longggg walk to stadium. Not as well run after game. They do pickups for both airport and park/ride from same area and it was so crowded we didn't know we got on the wrong bus.

Security was fine it didn't take us very long to get thru.

19. noar1985

noar1985 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    OGC Nice
    Hi Miggy,

Welcome to Nice !!
    Seriously no idea regarding this question, you should check with http://www.waynes.fr
    +33 4 93 13 46 99 (they speak english)

The weather is amazing now you will have a lot of fun in my home town (don't forget the sun cream !)

Miggy repped this.
  20. noar1985

noar1985 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    OGC Nice
    Guys, I am looking for an extra tickets for the Monday game, if you have a spare one feel free to contact me.

As well any question contact me (regarding party, food, beach, girls, etc..)

arnaud.gailleurd@gmail.com

Miggy repped this.