NGR: Big West Soccer Tournament

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by rokstedy, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Beakmon FC

Beakmon FC Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Jan 10, 2002
    The OC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fullerton, UCI, and Long Beach all seem to have solid squads this season. My Gauchos were busy choking (gave up the final 7 points in a 70-68 loss) away what could've been a huge win at ASU.

I guess UCSB is just "a little behind."

rokstedy repped this.
  2. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw the scoreline and I was pleasantly surprised. Maybe Coach Taylor is experimenting with a 10-man rotation to see who will be used regularly or maybe anticipating the health status in the long run. Here's hoping they do stay healthy and surprise people in conference play.

3. jmaestro

jmaestro Member+

Mar 27, 2008
    Bakersfield
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, I'm actually a Lakers fan that has been pissed off for the last 4 years. Kobe should have retired and cleared the cap 2 years ago. They've hired bad coach after bad coach. Buss Jr. is a disaster. I am rooting for them to win the lottery and get a #1 pick to go with the rebuild they have going on. I'm not 100% sold on their current high picks, and I think they need another blue chipper before the rebuild will be on in earnest. All Kobe is doing right now is sucking up minutes, slowing down the play, and padding his overall point total.

4. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh right on, you sound like my friend, who shares the same frustrations. The Lakers organization is currently a mess; seems like the Clippers organization of old. If you're a long-time Lakers fan, I'm sure you remember the lean years after Magic and Co. left but then returned to greatness with Kobe and Shaq.

Usually with basketball season, I'll follow CSUF first and Clips second, and seeing the CSUF's season will end around March, I'll shift my focus to Clips, especially during playoffs, which unfortunately overlaps with the Galaxy's early season games. If Clips don't do well and are out of playoff contention, I'll shift my focus to our beloved Galaxy.

TrickHog repped this.