NFL Season Thread

Discussion in 'Football' started by Emperor Adriano, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It's like I typed #3 in vain. Or Sanskrit.

I mean, it's right the ******** there in my post and you still missed it. The NFL would send two Pittsburgh cops and George Zimmerman after Coach Tomlin if he tried half the shit Belichick's gotten away with.

Shit, I give up. Whitey Bulger was misunderstood. An SEC program would never throw a Black kid to the wolves to save Peyton Manning. Tomlin and Belichick are moral equals.

2. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think you're missing the point a bit Auria. Lawson's podcast was simply about football and discussing the Steelers through that lens. The comparison between Belichick and Tomlin was not on a moral/ethical level, but rather purely on an ability level. Say what you want about Belichick, but the man can coach football. Asking Lawson or Giff to bring Belichick's ethics into the equation and talk about that in making the comparison completely derails the whole podcast, which was to talk about Steelers football. It's unreasonable, to be frank.

Auriaprottu and Emperor Adriano repped this.
  3. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    i think you are taking this to levels where it doesn't need to go. The NFL would be very hesitant to ever mess with the steelers.

Auriaprottu repped this.
  4. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    They've already messed with us by not being vigilant about the Pats' activities before the 2001 and 2004 AFC championship games. They knew everything the Steelers were going to do.

They can't call it out now- fans would drop off. So we have a crooked league that only one man on all BigSoccer is willing to call crooked. Everybody else listens to the Steeler fan (IF they listen) not to accept, understand and digest, but to reply and rebut. Find out what Pittsburgh has done and use it to obscure REAL, continued and un********ingrestrained flouting of the tenets of our league.

Y'all ain't football fans- you're accomplices with a grudge against ol' AP for telling truth 24/7/365.

5. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    We have no way of verifying this, other than to use wins he almost certainly did not earn fairly. There is no way to rate a boxer who's spent his career using gloves with lead stitched into the inside and ether smeared on the outside. Likewise, there is no way to rate Belichick, and certainly no reason to compare a decent man like Mike Tomlin to him. Tomlin worked under Tony Dungy, ffs.

Truth told, I didn't ask him to discuss the League's shortcomings in investigating every Pats victory since Belichick took that job- I simply pointed out (in strong language, yes) that each and every victory credited to Belichick is questionable because of what we now know about that franchise from the owner to the ball keepers. We don't know if he could even keep a damn job were he forced to coach fair. But we're lauding him because rings when the rings are tainted. Who tf does that?

6. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It's actually sad for Brady (I'm sure he doesn't care anymore- a decade with that franchise will remove all traces of ethics from even the most honest man), because he is probably a fantastic QB. But we'll never know.

7. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Eh... Belichick has done enough that we can pretty safely say he's damn good. Out of all his controversies the only one which truly would have a major impact on winning IMO would be taping practices. But unless you want to argue he's been taping every NFL team for over a decade of coaching and has only been caught once, in which case we're having a different conversation of him being a MacGyver-esque criminal mastermind, I think it is safe to say he's an excellent HC.
    This makes even less sense. No, deflategate doesn't put an asterisk on Brady's careeer that big. Brady's release, reads, accuracy, etc. are all on another planet regardless of the Pats' shenanigans. The film doesn't lie regarding his ability.

8. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    LOL... So just because not everyone buys your conspiracy theories about the Pats, they aren't fans? Come on man. Be serious.

9. arsesa2015

arsesa2015 New Member

Jul 30, 2016
    Club:
    FC Arsenal Kyiv
  10. Matthew Gilliam

Matthew Gilliam New Member

Oct 4, 2016
    Steelers win suberbowl

11. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Uhhh... welcome to BigSoccer? I hope you're right, in any case.

12. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I'd rather they win the Super Bowl, myself.

13. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    Steelers? Gilliam?

[​IMG]

14. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Nah. I think it's either the Vikings or the Patriots. One of those two.

15. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Below is an article detailing the Baltimore Ravens interesting choice of fan giveaways at their home opener this Sunday: genetic testing kits. 

“Ravens fans will get DNA test kits Sunday in unusual NFL promotion,” The Baltimore Sun 

During the Baltimore Ravens season opener on Sunday, football fans will have the option of participating in free DNA testing as part of a fan giveaway. The first of its kind, Ravens’ DNA Day comes courtesy of Ravens sponsor Orig3n, a biotech company headquartered in Boston. Willing fans will have their cheeks swabbed onsite, and their saliva samples will be preserved for analysis. Fans can register online with the company to obtain their results. Some worry about the message this promotion sends to fans and the community, questioning the validity of the fairly nascent phenomenon of direct-to-consumer genetic testing. 

Link: http://www.baltimoresun.com/business/bs-bz-ravens-dna-testing-20170913-story.html

16. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  17. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Live NFL Games Are Coming To Movie Theaters In Canada - Hollywood Reporter
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/live-nfl-games-are-coming-movie-theaters-canada-1054630

18. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Suddenly its quite possible now that the Pats could drop to the #3 seed in the AFC.

19. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Officially official. Chucky is back!

Gruden2018.jpg

20. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Fox To Broadcast Thursday Night Football Through 2022 - ESPN
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22273473/fox-broadcast-thursday-night-football-next-five-seasons

21. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    SBLII matchup The Philadelphia Ertz' vs The cheap skate who let the Breakers fold. Not much of a choice there.

BlueCrimson repped this.
  22. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tom Brady joins Fran Tarkenton and John Elway as a 3 time loser. Next year, I hope he matches Jim Kelly.

cleansheetbsc and BlueCrimson repped this.
  23. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NFL owners officially approve sale of Panthers, but will team stay in Charlotte?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ale-carolina-panthers-david-tepper/633037002/

Bank of America will be the NFL's seventh-oldest stadium after Los Angeles opens its new facility for the Rams and Chargers, and the Raiders complete their move from Oakland to Las Vegas. That has raised the prospect of the Panthers seeking another home if they can't get a new stadium of their own. Tepper touched on the idea of bringing a MLS team to Charlotte, which could improve the financial viability of a new stadium. The city was passed over in MLS' latest round of expansion.

24. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil