NFL Season Thread

Discussion in 'Football' started by Emperor Adriano, Sep 7, 2015.

1. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    That's an unfair shot given the number of tv cameras and those of NFL Films inside any given stadium. Cameras will always be focused on the team that just scored a touchdown.

Auriaprottu and stanger repped this.
  2. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    unclesox repped this.
  3. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    That's not true.

I'll say that none of my elder relatives had anything but respect for Frazier (or Foreman), and that all of them thought Ali had gone too far with the "gorilla" comments. But yeah, all of them admired Ali, and a few admired his conversion to Islam (this was Alabama in the 60s and 70s, so no, not all of them did. Those that didn't have come to see things more clearly since, tho).

4. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    James Harrison will return to the Steelers for one more season. Looking forward to seeing Mr. Harrison on the field for his final campaign against injustice and the UnAmerican Way.

5. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    After an 11-year career that included two Super Bowl rings as well as the typical spiritual and mental growth associated with playing for the Pittsburgh Steelers, Heath Miller has decided to share all that he's learned with society in general. Best wishes, Mr. Miller, and may the masses listen attentively as you go forth and spread the Steeler Message to the ends of the Earth.

A moment of silence, please, for this great American.

[​IMG]

Thank you.

6. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Jonathan Newsone was released by the Colts today following a weed possession arrest.

The Colts. The team owned by a mofo with Rexall on speed dial, lol...

If parents can't manage to rear their kids without resorting to making role models out of people in the sports business, they could at least teach them to idolize owners instead of players. "Son, you get yourself a Big Four franchise (and some skin bleach), you can roll like a pharmaceutical rep without any serious consequences".

unclesox repped this.
  7. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Broncos Trade For QB Mark Sanchez - ESPN
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14951086/denver-broncos-trade-quarterback-mark-sanchez

8. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  9. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    NFL Moves Touchbacks To 25, Adds Unsportsman Ejection Rule - ESPN
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...omatic-ejection-two-unsportsmanlike-penalties

10. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    RIP Will Smith

Thanks for holding down the Black and Gold during an era when nobody else wanted to. #ForeverWhoDatNation

Auriaprottu repped this.
  11. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Absolutely senseless killing. Such a tragedy.
    R.I.P. and well wishes to his wife who was also a victim in that incident.

stanger repped this.
  12. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Absolutely cannot fathom what his kids must be experiencing. This city makes me sick sometimes.

13. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lotta crime in the Big Easy, but I wouldn't beat up your city for it- this could happen anywhere and has.

unclesox repped this.
  14. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Everybody who grew up in the many ghettos of New Orleans whom lost someone will tell you that they have the biggest love/hate relationship with this city. Some days you love it, then you're quickly reminded why you feel disgusted by it.

Auriaprottu repped this.
  16. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
  17. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    while we will need to await further details on this particular tragic and senseless murder...we maybe agree that the NOLA police have a bit of a checkered history.

18. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    a bit.

19. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Titans Sending Number One Pick To Rams In Trade - ESPN
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15201946/tennessee-titans-trade-no-1-pick-los-angeles-rams

20. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  21. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Whatchoo think about Artie Burns? I know the STEELERS are superior at turning schoolboy talent into football talent, but I'm kinda leery about this one.

lol @ Laremy Tunsil smoking under that SEC dropcloth on the wall. Will he get random for that, or does he still have to piss dirty the first scheduled test for that to happen?

22. DynamoEAR

DynamoEAR Member+

May 30, 2011
    HoustAtlantaDMV
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those options may not be likely;B etter yet, rich Rebel boosters across every nook and cranny across the south are plotting how to mute him from further dropping the beans about Ole Piss's obvious cheating.

23. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, one of them has to happen. All NFL players get tested at the beginning of the season, or training camp or around then. I know rookies have to piss at the Combine. But these tests are announced well ahead of time, and players can clean up in preparation. But if you fail the first test (or any subsequent test), you're in the Testing Program, and you can be tested anytime the League wants to do it for the rest of your career. The thing is not to piss dirty when you know you're going to be tested, and you won't ever be tested randomly. I'm wondering if this revelation about Tunsil will put him in the Program automatically. I'm not sure.

I really don't like the idea of sports employers testing for non-PEDs at all. It smacks of pandering to the "parents" who can't rear their own God-damned kids without infringing on the lives of other people. And I REALLY don't like that the employer uses the media to tell the public when a player fails the second test (they don't announce the first failed test- they simply put him in the Program). It's one thing when a player gets arrested by the cops for possession --we're all going to find that out because he was caught by law enforcement breaking the law-- but it's quite another to put his dirty laundry out on the street for public consumption when even the cops didn't know about it. The NFLPA agreed to it, tho, so it's on them. Stupid.

They're going to try to silence him, sure. I don't know if it'll be with money or threats. But it's not like they're going to anything but some bowl game or another regardless of what happens to the program. Ole Miss hasn't solely won the West, ever, and hasn't won the SEC since 1963. No Black Ole Miss student has ever celebrated an SEC football title. Like I've said many times, Alabama did just enough (the bare minimum) to convince these **********s around here to play for them. Ole Miss hung on to the trappings just a bit too long and they're now playing catch-up.

24. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

Not bad. :)

cleansheetbsc repped this.
  25. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Same opinion about burns, I preferred the CB fuller from Virginia tech by quite a bit.

Auriaprottu and Mengão86 repped this.