Neymar

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Brazil_1500, Jan 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    He had ankle surgery and came back somewhere in mid to late october. I have the season review DVD:p

Either way, the point still stands. We probably have to agree to disagree. Ronaldo is a goal scoring machine, and probably the best goal scorer [not saying the best finisher, or most clever finisher] in world football. I just think he would've scored immense numbers had he stayed as well.

2. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Defensive work? Ronaldo? Had he done his defensive work consistently, Manu U wouldn't have to start park back in those days just to compensate for his lack thereof. I remember it was guys like Rooney, Tevez and Park doing most of the defensive work while Ronaldo works his magic.

3. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    In his 6 seasons with the club, there was only one season Ronaldo's was allowed to stay upfront.

4. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    Imagine he will get even more in top teams of Europe? Imagine he would become among best players (if not the best) with SEAL (like Ballon dor) ?

I am not saying Euo league waulity is better, even though it is (at least top teams). I think Neymar needs MORE competition to develop even more. He is the king in Brazil and no one could rival him. Now let's him face off with messi CR7 Ibra Silva Rooney .. and let's him challenge with big and tough defensive players like Vidic, Kompany, Busque Xabi Yaya Tourre Ramos Schweintege De Young ...That he does not face inside Brazil

5. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly.

6. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You just name a bunch of players like if they played in the same league, first of all if he goes to la liga he wont be facing schweinteiger, vidic, kompany yaya, de jong and vice versa if he picks premier league or serie a he will be facing players from those leagues... messi, cr7 ,silva, rooney are attacking players is not like he will be playing vs them because he hardly will be in the same area of the field.... brasilian league is good enough and apart from the top teams like madrid, barca, bayern munich brasilian league is on par

[]__[]

7. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    that's why you see so many 8-0 7-1 6-0 5-0 scores over in europe because of those great tactics and defenses

[]__[]

8. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    ^ Heard of Champions League, the toughest club football competition in the world? :(

9. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Euro league is under no circumstances better competition that Brasileirao Serie A with exception of Man U, Man City, Chelsea, Milan, Barca, RM.
    Defensively Brasil has the top defenders/goalies including the likes of Dede.

Copa Libertadores, although not at the same quality as Champions League, is a much more brutal tournament than any other in the world. Ever try playing at 4,000 meters above sea level, at 40 Deg C, on a crap field, in front of 80,000 Bolivian/Ecuadorian fanatics right on top of you? Man U came to Brasil a decade back to play in such a FIFA backed tourney, and they didn’t even pass the semi finals.

The great players of the 70’s/80’s never went to Europe and never had to in order to prove themselves.

10. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    You only mention this one defender. Twice, and it is indicative of the defensive talent available.

11. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I mention Dede because he is one of the top in the world and has remained in Brasil. Brasileirao Serie A has substantially strong defenders on all teams.

12. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    He has only remained in Brazil because he recently jumped on the radar of most European teams. He will leave Brazil, just like Neymar will.

Still have only named one defender.

13. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I rate Brasileirao Serie A and Copa Libertadores as very, very high quality competitions. That said: the overwhelming majority of the best goalies, defs, midfielders, attackers, coaches and clubs do their thing in Euro leagues and it's just no debate that Champions League is the toughest club competition in the world as to win it, you have to beat the best opponents and also the mediocre level of clubs in it is higher than the mediocre level anywhere else.

Bad pitches and playing on the mountains is one thing, but it's the clubs that make the level, not conditions. Euro clubs could find it hard in Ecuador, but so would Ecuador clubs in Camp Nou or Bernabeu.

14. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    I agree with this.

Btw, I would love to see how a Barca for instance did in La Paz or Quito.

15. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  16. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    ^ That same story has been around for a few days now, and the situation is far from Barca having made the deal already - or at least the sources are too obscure to say that it's anything more than gossip at this point.

If there would be something like "official deal done" or we'd be very close to it, the Spanish and the Catalan media (+bloggers/forums/etc) would be onto the story more actively than they are nowadays. When previous big names came, it created more fuss than this when it was close to being "deal done" and if Neymar comes, it will be more than this.

That said: I wouldn't bet against him joining Barca 2013 or 2014. Anyways I wish he'd do well wherever he plays.

17. scabbt22

scabbt22 Member

Feb 14, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Why would Barcelona pay the ridiculous transfer fee in 2013 if they can get him pretty much for free in 2014 when his contract ends? Financially this doesn’t make sense.

18. scabbt22

scabbt22 Member

Feb 14, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  19. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Lol really think Santos would let a player like Neymar leave for free? :cool:

20. Rivelino87

Rivelino87 Member

Aug 10, 2008
    Boston, Ma
    Club:
    Atletico Belo Horizonte
    Realistically Neymar would not start at any club of the level he eventually wants to play at (RM or Barca). Is he really that worse off than any recently turned 20 year-old playing in the reserves or the Spanish second division for Barca B or RM Castilla, or like Couttinho playing for Espanyol on loan in Spain against teams who are mostly the same (exception of the top 5-6), if not lower level than the top Brazilian teams in the first division? Look at what happened to Couttinho who has lost 2 years in his development already. No Brasil ele estava comendo a bola, la' ele esquenta o banco e teve que ser emprestado ao modesto Espanyol para jogar.

It's funny, albeit annoying that these mentally colonized "Brazilians" or gringos are acting like Brazil and Libertadores are some bush leagues, because with the exception of the top teams in Europe, who are a handful and are ahead of the rest of the entire world, the quality is not really that far off. Per example: Hazard is playing in Ligue 1 and everyone was drooling over him last year as one of the best prospects in world football. Ligue 1 is ranked behind Liga Sagres by UEFA coefficients (5th): does anyone who regularly watches those leagues and follows Brazilian football think either league is much better or even better to our 1st division? Goetze too, that with the obvious exception of Bayern, Dortmund, maybe Leverkusen and one more, plays in a league that is in a similar level (only overtook Italy because of Europa league performance, and with the exception of Bayern are usually poor in CL) - though with a faster and different style of football that is one of the most entertaining in Europe. But just because it's in Europe "where the best play" though not necessarily where they learn to play (should be kept in mind because he is still developing), they are held to a higher esteem by the Euro-centric. He is still developing.

What purpose does it serve to have him go to Barcelona, and in the best case scenario be glued to the touchline so Messi "the greatest player ever" can shine? It's clear that he runs that team and the coach consistently fawns over him, and has said alone the lines of "our job is to make it so Messi feels comfortable on the field so he can do well" (ex: requested to move inside to have a greater and more important role in the team, and that was automatically granted). What purpose does it really serve him to play against Getafe when his team will have 70% possession, etc.?

This is going to be one of the greatest Brasileiraoes of the past 15 years. The quality has been improving greatly every year along with the balance.

21. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pretty much sums it up.

22. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Honestly, while Barca's system is a beauty to watch it will definitely limit Neymar's individualism. It would definitely improve his team play and I think he would be able to adjust in their system. He won't get to do whatever he wants offensively as he does at Santos.

My fear is that he gets too used to a Barca system that he will definitely not find in the Selecao. That's one of the issues I started seeing with Ronaldinho later in his Barca career. He used to come to the Selecao and play as if he was with in the Barca system.

23. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    My fear is he ends up at Man U with a shit system for his game. Look what happened to Anderson.

24. Rivelino87

Rivelino87 Member

Aug 10, 2008
    Boston, Ma
    Club:
    Atletico Belo Horizonte
    The funny thing is that Falcao said that on Bem Amigos 2 days ago (I watched the entire episode), and specifically excluded Spain as one of the countries where that his comments would apply to. In context he said that tactically Italy was the best place for a Brazilian (esp. an attacking player) to go because of the higher quality of the defenders and defensive systems, saying: "not necessarily Spain, because the defenders give more time on the ball [before tackling], and the marking isn't as strong, but somewhere like Italy and England where he would have difficulty making the runs he makes here [like the one against Inter] because he would be tackled right away". Not that he wants him to go to either country, but he was explaining how it could improve him as a player.

25. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    How can Man U be blamed for Anderson "unlearning" how to shoot or dribble?