Next USMNT Coach?

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by worldfootballgenius, Feb 4, 2018.

1. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    you have a deep understanding of lvg...when can we expect an announcement?

2. gunnerfan7

gunnerfan7 Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 22, 2012
    Santa Cruz, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wouldn't a National Team be a cushy version of a club job?

3. Well, the way LvG coaches, especially when he perceives tactical shortcomings, is far from cushy. On the training grounds he's very driven and one can be sure that he would personally watch each of the players that is (would be a potential) nat. team player to take notes of points for improvement and communicate that with the players. It's not in his character to take things the cushy way when he's in charge.
    You missed something, he already announced he didnot accept.

4. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it was sarcasm. It's like when a manager gets a "vote of confidence" from a team's owners, which pretty much guarantees that he (or she) will be sacked after the next game.

5. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    thats a brilliant move I can confirm pep also turned down the job. they made a big offer...he really thought about it but decided against it...reported by nobody but I can tell because he gave an interview and I've decided he was talking about an offer to coach the us.

6. You seem to be very upset about an innocent post. You could also ignore it as any reasonable person does when reading something so outragious that time spent on it is a waste of valuable minutes of ones remaining life span.

7. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    not upset at all find ur post totally entertaining I mean making stuff up is always fun its like make-believe.

8. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    Only one guy makes sense: Wenger. Give him a 6 year contract and an estate in Arizona or something where he can be a hermit and mold the teams from 15 and older. The US has never even come close to producing a talent like him with guile experience tenacity and creativity.

Or, hire Beerholder.

9. skim172

skim172 Member+

Feb 20, 2013
    In Osorio news, he's apparently in talks with Paraguay. May not be an option for the US MNT much longer.

10. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not a huge loss, IMHO. He had some real talent in that El Tri side. Beating a really disorganized Germany side 1-0 was found out later to be not that big an achievement. Neither was beating SK in the next game. The emperor's clothes were found to be an apparition against the only good team they played in the group stage, Sweden. So IMHO, I don't think losing out on the Osorio raffle is that big a deal.

The bigger issue is, what fantastic coach is left? I used to think Sampaoli was the obvious choice, but after his dumpster fire results with Messi and his team, I would certainly pass on him as well. I don't think there is one coach in MLS that is a jaw dropper. Martinez from Belgium would have been nice, but now his salary will be astronomical.

Zizou is the only guy who could make a massive splash if hired, but could he do well with the level of talent the US could deploy? He's never had to try really. He'll get the French NT job anyway, so it's a moot point, and even if he didn't, I'm sure the guy would rather sit on his vineyard estate and watch grapes grow than try to resurrect our trash heap. That would be my dream coach though.

11. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ceeeelebrate good times, c'mon ... let's celebrate ... everyday's gaaawwnna be allllright now ... let's celebrate ....

Honore de Ballsac and xbhaskarx repped this.
  12. So I completely missed the point. Shows again I'm a void when it comes to humor.

13. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I think Marsch is a smart guy. He'll be ready for the 2026 cycle. I'd put my money on Marsch for 2026 if I had to pick today.

Honore de Ballsac repped this.
  14. Stevie Blue

Stevie Blue Member

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Aug 10, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would like to see Tab Ramos. He has coached almost everyone on the team already. He is American and has an American mentality. He could grow into the position. It worked for England and I think it would work for the US.

15. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tumors can also grow into a position.

16. gunnerfan7

gunnerfan7 Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 22, 2012
    Santa Cruz, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :sick::sick::sick::sick:

Thankfully, we already offered him the "interim" job, and he turned it down. Can't imagine that we'd offer him the FT job now...

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  17. skim172

skim172 Member+

Feb 20, 2013
    I thought the rumor was he'd turned down the interim job because he wanted the permanent gig - and if he was the interim coach, he wouldn't be seriously considered as a candidate.

18. gunnerfan7

gunnerfan7 Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 22, 2012
    Santa Cruz, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah. That was my impression as well. I just think, if we weren't going to give it to him then, we probably won't now...

19. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    just an fyi at that point they knew they were going to gm route, they needed an interim coach and tab didn't want to be the interim coach because he didn't want to be judged on results on matches that were scrimmages at best. They weren't goin to hire anyone to be the hc especially with an outgoing president/new president and a gm not yet hired.

20. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    If we're talking about choosing between Sarachan and Ramos, we're finally achieving the point where they want us --so that when Vermes is named, there's a sigh of relief.

sXeWesley repped this.
  21. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That psychology won't work on this guy.

22. skim172

skim172 Member+

Feb 20, 2013
    Man, is he gonna be redfaced when Sarachan gets hired.

TOAzer repped this.
  23. laxcoach

laxcoach Member+

United States
    Jul 29, 2017
    intermountain west
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Many will be redfaced as they scream at their PC/phones.

Pl@ymaker and TOAzer repped this.
  24. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    not at all it just says something about the coaching pool.

the point of the post was that tab wanted the full time job and didn't want to be judged scrimmages that weren't even friendlies.

Sarachan didn't care about that because he only knew his chances could go up. He is now developing his own style for the us to play five backs and three dmids we will see a lot of that in the upcoming friendlies. its not a good strategy but its one the usmnt could look to as a base system going forward.

25. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    5 backs and three dmids certainly is a base system going forward. With 2 players out there on the field who are not backs or dmids we'll have exactly the base system that should prevent a debacle against England and keep us not utterly disgraced when faced by the might of Surinam. Such are the Lessons of '64.

And folks say we can't learn from History...... ;)