Next Season

Discussion in 'Austin Aztex' started by JC Tottenham Hotspur, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I pretty sure the Battery are on the low end of the scale. The top ticket is $15. I imagine that will go up this season a bit though. I did a few road trips last year, I know Atlanta's tickets started at $15. cheap tickets at Carolina's are $12 and in Seattle's were about $15 or $18 if I remember right.

I pretty sure someone had complied a list of all the individual ticket prices somewherebut i cant find it anywhere.

Also you guys might want to check out www.usldiscussions.com lot of talk of USL and you guys have your own forum there too.

Mikey

2. JC Tottenham Hotspur

Apr 12, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Bah, I've just found out from the Aztex that they're not offering childrens tickets at a lower rate this season. It seems the prices are the same for everyone, regardless of whether you're an adult or child. Not really the way to encourage you to bring the family :( There were so many kids at Dragon last year too. If you have a couple/few kids you want to bring along to Nelson, then it's going to work out a bit expensive in the long run :(

As a family man, I guess I'm going to have to pick and choose which games we go too so that it fits my budget, Damn. :mad:

3. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well lad you have ta realize that this, after all, a pro team now not a youth squad. And in these economic times Phil and co. need ta make money somehow.

But I do sympathize with you mate and I am still hoping that they have supporter section tickets available soon and/or they implement the large group discount like they had last year.

4. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey speaking of group discounts it looks like they'll have some available for groups of 12 or more. Soo just bring yer kids along and say yer all with the army. :D

5. mgrayscale

mgrayscale Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Buda, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lord, I can't believe I'm going to say this, but, "Alejo, that's actually a great idea." If you want, I'll offer Chantico's Army as a coordination point for folks who want to organize their "group". I'll also check with the Aztex and see if they'd honor this (not sure why they wouldn't). We could even bring a group for Chantico's Army to each match to reduce the individual ticket burden on folks who don't already have a season ticket.

6. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And lets not forget that "when" the location of the supporters section is announced we should get discounted tickets for that too right?

7. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Y'know, I hadn't really thought about that, but I don't remember seeing any "children's prices" anywhere on the other USL-1 websites. There isn't one on the Express website (though the tickets are cheaper than Aztex by a good bit), nor on the Spurs.

I guess it's been a long time since I've been to a pro game. I do believe this might be standard.

But usually the teams manage to set up a 'cheap seats' area that you can afford to go as a family. I guess it's a little harder to set up with Nelson.

I do wonder if they made a mistake in not making the end zone seats cheaper.

Well, I guess we'll see.

8. Blackburn

Blackburn New Member

Mar 13, 2007
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, they'll be more expensive. After all, we're a captive market. ;)

9. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well one of the Naranja just informed me that our brand knew ticket manager just told him that their will be no group discounts for the exibiton matches.

10. mgrayscale

mgrayscale Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Buda, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not surprised about the exhibition matches, but I wonder what it would be for the rest of the regular season.

11. bmantx

bmantx Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ha Ha! Pretty shrewd decision by the Aztex FO. Those Dynamo fans are going to travel here in big numbers no matter what. I just hope the FO will accomodate the supporters groups and let them do their thing.

Those of you who haven't seen the TA and EB in action are in for a treat. (Those of you who aren't Dallas fans that is) I went to almost every game the first 2 years before I moved to Austin, and I loved watching them and listening to them sing. The best atmosphere in the USA.

12. mgrayscale

mgrayscale Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Buda, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I woudn't take it that far. I think discounting as a group as long as we can get the numbers is going to be as good as we get. Remember, the more folks we get, the bigger the discount (my guess).

13. JC Tottenham Hotspur

Apr 12, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I suppose I'm just a little disappointed really that I wont be able to go to as many games as I hoped I could. I was hoping to go to all the home games this season (only missed one game at Dragon).

I only have one child, but it was scary how much we used to spend at a game on snacks and ice creams and those nice ice cold bottles of water that you need to keep you going through those sweltering Texas evenings and afternoons. That for us is part of it, so it's just not a matter of ticket prices, it's the extras too that make it fun (and more expensive). Paying full price for both of us, on top of the extras will be a drag.

They say on the website "great family entertainment". Well, if they want to encourage families, then I think they should make it more affordable for families.

I was expecting to pay more to see the MLS games (I can't wait for those :)), but for the regular USL-1 season, I really don't see why they didn't offer cheaper kids pricing, regardless of whether other USL-1 teams do or not. Hmmm, maybe they're expecting sell out crowds each week and they think they'll be losing money selling that seat at a cheaper price to a child.

OK, gripe over.

14. FrogHammer

FrogHammer Member

May 26, 2005
    I have to agree with you on that JC. Kids especially need to get a break since they will be the fan base for the future. You are always faithful to your team when you started supporting them as a youngster.

15. JC Tottenham Hotspur

Apr 12, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That's right FrogHammer. I was taken to see Tottenham regularly when I was a kid (I was eight when I saw my first game there) and I've been a life long Tottenham fan because of it, which means i've spent a good deal of money over the years going to Tottenham games, plus whenever I go back to England to visit I'll pay even more money to see them. So it really does make sense to make it affordable for families and encourage kids to attend the games. As you say, they will be the fan base of the future.

16. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't forget that there's still the PDL team. And I would expect that those tickets would be the same as last year. So maybe you could go to all the PDL games, and make a USL-1 game a special occasional treat.

Not that I like making that suggestion. I hate to hear about people not being able to go to the USL-1 games.

It will be interesting to see how this all turns out. I'm starting to get anxious about the season starting. Glad that the MLS games are so soon, it'll make the waiting a little easier. And shorter.

17. mgrayscale

mgrayscale Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Buda, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good point on the PDL side. This squad ought to have some really interesting matches as well now that we're in what is effectively a "Texas League". If you're interested in the PDL (aka U23) squad tickets, you should contact the Aztex directly as I believe all of the marketing resources are focused on the USL1 side. I will make it out to the PDL matches as often as I can, as I always like to see the quality of folks who may be coming up through the organization.

18. VivaIslamico

VivaIslamico Member

Nov 1, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For all those wondering how our prices compare to the rest of USL: A while back I did some research on USL ticket prices and started this thread:

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=778772

Tickets in the $20 range aren't all that unusual or expensive. The thing that looks different to me is that the Aztex don't really seem to be offering a cheap walkup option. Our season ticket prices look good, our center circle prices look good. But our cheapest single game walkup ticket is $18 for most games, while most other USL clubs have an option closer to $10.

19. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well you have to remmember that by the time the regular season starts they'll be implimenting that group discount thing. I think, and this is of course the LOCO talking, that the method to the Rawlins's madness as far as all that is to encourage more people to come without reducing the prices of their tickets out right.

20. JC Tottenham Hotspur

Apr 12, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah, we still plan to go to some PDL games, but I'd like to go to more USL games this season than PDL. My daughter has already told me that we still have to go to PDL games so that she can watch Robin Martinez play. She has a bit of a crush on him.

Oh the worries of being a father........ :(

21. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    could be worse [​IMG]could be this guy.

22. Habitat

Habitat New Member

Oct 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    funniest thing i've read on this forum

23. FrogHammer

FrogHammer Member

May 26, 2005
    Yeah, could be playing for Man U, starting for Argentina, and getting 50 mil offers to go play at Barca. What a tough hand to be dealt.

24. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well lads I was just watching a set of videos on youtube about a bunch of Celtic fans getting togethor at fados in 2003 to watch the Uefa final. there were at least 14 of um, not including the man tending bar who I beleive was our ever friendly barkeep Johhny from Mother E's.

I would like ta know if that group, like the Arsenal and Chelsea groups at Cuatros still meets regularly, maybe Matt would know.

25. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    but dad he's fuglier than mother e's Johnny and he's a slimey ass million dollar player, yeud set your little girl up with him for the money, the fame, and the prestige? :eek:

for shame. ;)