Next Italy coach

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Gatorbomb, Oct 12, 2015.

1. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yes this is a good point. It also doesn't help when there is an entirely different lineup each game.

2. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hmm good question. In Europe I'd say maybe 5th or 6th. In the world though there are the south american teams, and mexico as well is arguably in there. I think you'd still be top 10 though.

These are the only teams that might be better than you guys: Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Croatia, Portugal, Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay, Chile, and Mexico.

If all those teams were better you'd be number 12, but again I actually don't think all those teams are superior to you guys. I am saying those are all the teams that MIGHT. I still think you are a little better than Croatia and Portugal, and most likely Uruguay as well. Same level as Chile and Mexico maybe.

3. Slap the Floor

Slap the Floor New Member

Jan 26, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Belgium is better than Mexico, Portugal, Brazil, and Croatia.

4. GiallorossiYank

GiallorossiYank Member+

Jan 20, 2011
    NJ/Roma/Napoli
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it's worth pointing out:

Besides his long stay at Torino, Ventura is at a new club every 2 years or so.

5. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    What does that mean for the azzurri?

6. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    he might not know how to build for the long term.

7. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    He'll be coach for max 4 maybe 2 years. He won't be around long term

8. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He will be 72 years old in 4 years time. I don't see how or why he would or could continue on. Its not so much the mental fatigue and pressure but the physical aspect of traveling from match to match (to observe players) that he will probably get tired of, especially in the winter or summer months. Italy is the size of Arizona but its long in length and traveling isn't the greatest unless he has charter flights. Even then its tough as is by train when traveling from Milan or Torino all the way down to Crotone or Palermo. It was tough for me when I lived there and I was a lot younger than a 68 year old Ventura.....

9. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    then again..what C.T. for the azzurri in recent memory has stayed on long term anyways?

10. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    So back to choochs statement saying he might not know how to build long-term because he changed clubs every two years besides Torino. That point earlier is irrelevant because azzurri coaches don't stay longer than 4 years. So who would want to build for long-term. Doesn't make sense. All the coaches build for the here and now, internationally and club soccer

totti fan repped this.
  11. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    hopefully he starts building "long term" early.... if he integrates younger guys from this sept on.. then 2 years till the WC will be enough to see some of these young gems integrate into la nazionale