Next Italy coach

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Gatorbomb, Oct 12, 2015.

1. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ventura has had a generally positive career. I dont buy that he had to play certain young players just so he could increase their value. "What is forced upon him" is just what every manager in world football has to deal with. You have to do the best with what you're given. His Bari side played some great attacking football before the scandal hit them. At Torino a lot of good players went through his hands. He brought them to a respectable finish in the EL after being the first Italian to win in Bilbao.

He's a 3-5-2 guy, but he's also played 442, 4-2-4. His teams attack which is a positive. The charge that "he's stubborn" is baseless

romanista8910 repped this.
  2. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Also the reality is that the best Italian coaches are unavailable.

Both Ancelotti and Allegri would never leave their clubs now to coach this Italy.

Spalletti would have been the interesting choice two years ago, but the FIGC didn't want to pay his wages. Now he's with Roma.

Ranieri had a dream season with Leicester. Won't leave them now to coach Italy.

Mancini sucks and isn't leaving Inter.

Sarri is the new guy on the block and maybe a choice for the future. For now he's not leaving Napoli.

Italy could have gone back in time with Donadoni who is a better manager than he was 6 years ago. But that won't happen.

Capello said he would never coach Italy and thank heavens he feels that way.

Guidolin is another beta-male who said he could never handle the pressure.

The only coach without a job was Mazzarri. And this is a guy who refused to let De Laurentiis sign Verratti. So that tells you everything you need to know about what kind of soccer Italy would play

The only realistic options were Di Francesco, De Biasi and Ventura. I would have been happy with Di Francesco as well, but Ventura isn't bad

Pietro Calcio repped this.
  3. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Smart, courageous decision.

4. P di Antonio

P di Antonio Member

Feb 24, 2016
    Italia
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm the retarded one when you couldn't understand the joke.

Rosay repped this.
  5. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Ranieri would have taken the job, he isn't stupid. His title with Leicester is down to the alignment of the planets. He expressed he was interested in the job, not that I wanted him ad manager though. Edf was the only guy deserving of being offered the job in my view. Also Capello made himself available to Italy when this role was up for grabs, conveniently remembered he's Italian. Thank god it fell on deaf ears. But I do prefer ventura over Mankini, the only problem is this Italy under ventura could flop, and we still have the danger of mankini getting the job after. Bad times
    lmao, btw that courageous genius preferred Donadel, Donfcukindel.
    you dont think that a coach at torino has to play young prospects like Zapacosta etc to raise their value? Toro is a selling club, thats their bread and butter, how are they gonna make money if the coach leaves them on the bench? Even if it was all down to him, it remains to be seen if he transfers that policy over to Italy. A question is though why is it only now he has got this job? It seams to me likr it had nothing to do with being the right man, but rather no top Italian manager wantd the job, and tavecchio wants an older fcker likd himself in the role.

6. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    is this true though? What has EDF won? Who would or how many would have contested him getting the job? What has venutura really done for fans to not question him getting the job? Nothing exceptional thats for sure. His torino have had a good set of players, yet like every club he has coached, he does not have a long period of consistency like say edf has had. He has had one season wonders.
    Inb4 he actually calls up Molinaro and Vives lmao

7. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Then make a point instead of being a buffoon!

8. P di Antonio

P di Antonio Member

Feb 24, 2016
    Italia
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I make enough points, tu hai la testa tra le nuvole, calcio professor. Is this not the forum where all the buffoons come to make their points?

Rosay repped this.
  9. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I'm a Buffon and make my point all the time

P di Antonio repped this.
  10. romanista8910

romanista8910 Member+

May 7, 2010
    Roma
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You're Buffon? I didn't know Gigi was on BigSoccer.

11. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Ya Sal's mom was with a celebrity this whole time.

12. romanista8910

romanista8910 Member+

May 7, 2010
    Roma
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Isn't Gigi married? That would make him a cheater [emoji44] oh wait...he already plays for Rube.

JCNapoli17 and Rosay repped this.
  13. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Oh snap

14. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The notion that Ventura would play young players ONLY because they need to be sold is ridiculous. A manager plays his best 11. If they don't perform, the team loses. Professional football players are so closely scouted that any ********ery like this would be exposed. Zappacosta, Belotti, Benassi were all starters because they are Serie A ready. Ventura didn't bench Immobile because Cairo needs to sell Belotti. He played Belotti because he was in better form.

People are grasping at straws as to why they don't like Ventura IMO

Baggionero and Rosay repped this.
  15. Baggionero

Baggionero Member+

Apr 23, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Just stop.

16. romanista8910

romanista8910 Member+

May 7, 2010
    Roma
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sorry I'll lie next time.

17. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I didn't watch the game but read about it but reading doesn't tell the whole story. How did Italy play exactly?

18. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    really good. We pressed Belgium quite well and did well with passing and the counters. However though something we need to improve is getting passes right in the oppositions half. Darmian made a huge mistake leading Belgium to counter which almost lead to an equalizer but Lukaku hit it off target. The only thing we must work on is making sure we don't give the ball away even in the oppositions half. Otherwise we played quite well. Our pressing was outstanding.

falvo repped this.
  19. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Thanks! Once again proving Italy and Italian players have some of the best players in the world! Italy at #12 beat the #2 ranked team in the world and its beyond me how or why any Italian or fan of Italian soccer wouldn't want more Italian players. Forza e viva italia!

20. Baggionero

Baggionero Member+

Apr 23, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    You mean like the prosecutors at the original trial? ;)

21. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well the fact is FIFA rankings are shit. Belgium are not #2 in the world and they never were. Italy are not #12 either, its all about points and previous results in the last four years. Really makes no sense.

Rosay and falvo repped this.
  22. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It's nearly impossible to have any good ranking system. The national teams play so few times a year and then you have to factor that half those games are friendlies and not important.

Belgium was never deserving of a #2 ranking

falvo and Rosay repped this.
  23. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Where would you rank us? Out of curiosity.

24. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Top 15, maybe top 10

25. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    That's probably fair. I would say top 15.
    Top 10 might be achievable under a different manager.