Next Gen Usa

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by UglyParent, Jul 26, 2016.

1. UglyParent

UglyParent New Member

Sep 15, 2012
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone know anything about this organization?

2. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    I don't even know what the hell this is?

Club? Assumed layer on top of the 50 other youth layers of soccer?

I suppose if your site cannot clearly explain that then you may have a problem.

miketd1 repped this.
  3. miketd1

miketd1 Member

Jun 14, 2007
    ^^^I'm glad I'm not the only one confused

4. bostondiesel

bostondiesel Member

Oct 23, 2006

Yes son studied with them bout 1.5 years with John Curtis. They are\were trying to position themselves as a supplement\advanced training for your local clubs. At the time pitching that clubs of all sorts send their top 3-4 kids to them for "Character of Champions" etc.. It was really excellent training but not local to me, they also coordinated trips abroad (by invitation) etc.

They were ultimately trying work in tandem with the MLS dev system BUT instead at least up in the Northeast players were told not to attend etc. if you were at all involved with an MLS dev system.

There's is a model now practiced all over... Any of these guys that do anything good split up\off and start their own, take kids and there you have it....

I did hear that they are doing a residential academy of their own....Study play etc..dont know how that would work.

I should say that their summer camps are excellent, my son has done a few where coaches come in from academies all over the world...

Anyway, nothing big just more of the same.

mwulf67 repped this.
  5. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    I was going to say - Summer Camps are a necessity - so many are garbage so a good program at the high level could be very useful.

But again - this site is sort of a mess.

6. bostondiesel

bostondiesel Member

Oct 23, 2006
    Yeah so I think they struggle with identity.

Here are some parts of their biz tgat fall apart.

1.Not too many clubs would recommend you go elsewhere for more advanced anything...

2.Clubs here are beyond territorial, but eith their top 3/4 players??? Good luck.

3.MLS academies are even more territorial and single minded about their own relevance. These guys will not hear that their kids can get better somewhere else.

I had an epiphany my last outing, drove 3.5 hours after work on a Friday. Again fantastic to have my guy plying w grt players from Conn, NJ, NYC. I get there to see a whole separate practice of old Nextgen staff doing their own new venture..like sheep to slaughter.

I would defintely dotheir camps again. Im too far for the other madness.

7. jeremys_dad

jeremys_dad Member

NYC Football Club
    Apr 29, 2007
    The Big Easy
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Red Bull camp well run

bostondiesel repped this.