Next Captain After Bradley

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by ussoccer97531, Sep 10, 2017.

?

Who will be the next USMNT captain?

1. Pulisic

44.2%
  2. Vet contingent (Altidore, Guzan, Besler, Cameron, Yedlin, Brooks, Johnson, Wood)

26.7%
  3. Other

29.1%
  1. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On what planet is this a defense of Bradley? This team this cycle has been hot garbage, mutinous on a manager, playing with cowardice, on precarious terms to qualify, and too delicate to let some players be called up -- all under Bradley's captaincy. This is what matters now.

It's been nearly 4 years and a destroyed ankle since Bradley last played for Roma.

It's time to move on. It's time to move forward.

2. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  3. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Meh I'm already over Pulisic and getting high on u16 stuff. Where's Ben Lederman at??

4. DHC1

DHC1 Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    NYC
    I'm not sure which of these two Bradley quotes is more frustrating!

or

The problem with MB isn't his IQ or leadership, both of which I rate very highly but rather that his playing ability has markedly declined since his ankle injury and/or return to MLS.

Also, WTF does "failed as a leader in the campaign" mean? Did you bend the space/time continuum and now know that we lose at T&T tonight while both Panama and Honduras win? Because if we qualify and we're f***ing going to tonight(!), we've succeeded in our campaign.

*** props to USS97531 for starting a great thread though

The X Factor and ussoccer97531 repped this.
  5. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    He is also the first guy to stand up and defend 'the team' and even to some extent Klinsmann when "unnamed sources" were talking to Strauss way back in 2013 after Honduras.

6. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait, you mean despite his failure to lead, we might manage to qualify by not losing to TnT tonight after having modern era disasters for WCQ at home and being led by a teenager. Then, yeah! What a lion! LOL

Good one!

7. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    People in power like to stay in power. That doesn't make them good leaders.

8. DHC1

DHC1 Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    NYC
    I didn't realize there were style points for qualifying. I guess that mexico's last WC was abysmal since they needed a playoff vs Oceana.....

9. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Are you really dumb enough to say that he said that to 'protect' his spot rather than because he is a leader?

10. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

11. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're all over the place.

12. DHC1

DHC1 Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    NYC
    LOL - I think that qualifying is the primary qualifier for success and we're on the verge of doing just that. You, however, have labelled MB a "failure as a leader in this campaign" because we need to beat T&T and CP has emerged as a star.

Therefore, I'm pointing out that Mexico barely qualified but yet still put in a strong World Cup performance that most would consider successful. Most, but not you apparently.

13. shotcallin04

shotcallin04 Member

Feb 12, 2008
    If you don't think Bradley should be captain, then blame Klinsmann and the current coaching staff. If you don't think he should play as much, then blame Bruce Arena and the competition that has been unable to supplant him. He's been a devoted member of the team for a long time and he's sacrificed a lot for the crest. Even if you don't rate him, you can indicate that without the disrespect for him and the opinions of people who disagree.

As for Pulisic, I wouldn't be in any rush to name him captain. He deserves to have a full cycle to keep his focus on his personal development without having any more pressure heaped on his shoulders. He's still in the process of figuring out how high he can fly. If he wants it, his time will come. For now, he's already plenty good enough to be taken seriously. When he speaks, people listen.

14. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    What is it, one loss in the last 12 competitive games since Arena took over? And that to a 2014 World Cup quarterfinalist who has a starter for the best club in the world. Seems like decent leadership to me.

15. DHC1

DHC1 Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    NYC
    Chad is proven right. Faak. FML.

16. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for your leadership, you mother********ing fat piece of disgraceful shit.

17. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    never want this ******** on the team again

18. The X Factor

The X Factor Member

Jun 16, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Sans Pulisic or Brooks, anyone not on this team, right now is the next captain.

MAJOR USSF (US Soccer) overhaul coming.

19. yurch10

yurch10 Member+

Feb 13, 2004
    Guy does not deserve even one more cap. And anyone who argued with me the last month that he is a great player, and the best of what we have, and nobody else is EXPERIENCED enough or ready...please deactivate your account.

What an absolute embarrassment. Goodbye Gulati, Bruce, and Bradley. Never want to see any of your three again.

20. Aduesque

Aduesque Member

Atlanta United
    May 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pulisic or McKinnie.

21. gunnerfan7

gunnerfan7 Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 22, 2012
    Santa Cruz, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Come on out, Bradley shills/Bigsoccer sock puppets! I can't wait to read Doyle's defense of Bradley because he offers "intangibles", like a polished, empty head that can reflect the stadium lights into the defenders, or something "high level" like that.

22. yurch10

yurch10 Member+

Feb 13, 2004
    Didn't you hear? McKennie isn't ready. He's played 6 games in the BL!!!! LOL, like he's better than Bradley!!!!

Did you see the amount of running MB did against Panama??!?!?

You guys are crazy!

23. Aduesque

Aduesque Member

Atlanta United
    May 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Running like crazy doesn't equal good.

24. manfromgallifrey91

Swansea City
    United States
    Jul 24, 2015
    Wyoming, USA
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Literally anyone. Bradley should be done at this point.

25. gunnerfan7

gunnerfan7 Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 22, 2012
    Santa Cruz, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Players who can't be captain, because they've taken the honorable route and retired from international play: Nagbe, Gonzalez, Bradley, Howard, Beasley, Zusi.

Player who should be captain: Pulisic.

That simple.