Newsday is Miserable at Soccer on TV Schedules

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by EvanJ, Apr 10, 2018.

1. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Newsday repeatedly said we lost our CCL game 2-1. They printed the schedule under the MLS schedule for several days, but not today when the second legs are. The Sports on TV doesn't include the CCL because it excludes Spanish channels. Yesterday the Sports on TV schedule listed Southampton vs. Arsenal on Fox Sports 2, when the game was Sunday on NBCSN. Today the Sports on TV schedule lists two Barcelona games at the same time, including Celta Vigo vs. Barcelona which will be a week from today.

2. Soccertes

Soccertes Member

Jan 2, 2001
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Newsday is a joke when it comes to soccer coverage... Just ignore them... there are better sources to get soccer news. Newsday's soccer coverage will improve when its dinosaurs die out and are replaced by millennials that grew up with the sport and understand it.

msilverstein47 repped this.
  3. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not like I only use Newsday, but I still want Newsday to do better. On Saturday they didn't list the Premier League game on CNBC.

4. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Newsday impressed me by printing the season goal leaders for this year and all-time, but they said Wondolowski played for San Diego.

5. wrench

wrench Member+

May 12, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    In the 90's they used to put the scores from games over the weekend from Long Island Junior. They either lost interest or lost that reporter. Would have been a good lead in for National level news.

6. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    The NY medial outlets are pretty poor in general for Red Bulls and soccer, very little coverage, and most reporters have a day job covering other teams, leagues. Even at that, they give equal or better coverage to non-US soccer than the domestic game. Which is sad. Not only are the Red Bulls coming off the best regular season in team and league history, they are going up against the 2nd best team, and there is precious little news to be had.

7. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On Sunday the newspapers will probably preview the bad Giants and Jets and ignore the Red Bulls. With no big football games the day of MLS Cup other than Army and Navy, I hope newspapers write a lot after MLS Cup if the Red Bulls are in it.