News/Info on MagicJack

Discussion in 'magicJack' started by MRAD12, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My thought would be Barca, South Florida is very much an event town.

Getting to FAU from anywhere near 95 or the Turnpike in Palm Beach or Broward counties should be OK for a 7 O'Clock game so long as the ticket office is not the hangup and it was efficient two weeks ago. Traffic would be OK. Extreme western areas or Dade might be more questionable but I doubt they draw that much from Dade.

Sellout tonight is cool especially with some of us (sheepish grin) watching US-Mexico instead, and waiting on the playoff game.....

2. drSoFlaFan

drSoFlaFan DEFEND THE FORT!

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey I don't run the show, just a listener. Complain to show co-host Uncle Ed(aka chichi on BS) :D

And we did go to a game, back on May 1 vs. Philadelphia. The second home game I believe. We've wanted to come out to more games, but there have simply been too many conflicts with the Strikers(the NASL team that plays at Lockhart if your question was not sarcasm). All but two games on the home schedule so far were at the same time as the Strikers and/or USMNT or the Barça game. Tough to get a group out when there is a conflict. But we do back MJ 100% and want to support local soccer in every form.

Hoping for a win on Sunday!

3. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I question your math.

For 5k in the stands to bring 50k plus concessions means people are spending 10k per ticket. For a 10k ticket, food better be included...

[​IMG]

4. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    What? I question are you drinking this morning.

50k = 50000
    5k = 5000

5000 x 8-10$ a ticket plus food comes to about $50000 for FAU.

5. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My reading was admittedly very poor pre-caffeine & w/o my glasses on (I saw an extra zero) both in your post and in my typing. Clearly I need less Mr. Magoo and more Euclid in my mornings.

[​IMG]

6. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  7. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A well-placed dollar sign would've helped the morning glories like you. :p

9. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't. Rumor has it that Sunday's game is sold out. Maybe 5 ULTRAS will be there. We wanted more, but that's all we can get into the stadium. Good for the sell out! The women on the team deserve as many fannys in the seats as the place can hold. However, this regular season finale would be a good candidate for Lockhart's 18K seats, as would all playoff games. They'd not fill the place, but 5K to 7K would be possible. That would be nearly as good at the Strikers have done on their best attended games. And far better than the 4+K that FAU can hold.

BTW, Strikers vs Tampa Bay on August 27th. That would be a good evening for all true soccer fans in South Florida to drop by Lockhart & find out who the Strikers are and why they have so many of us as season ticket holding fans. True, it's NASL Div 2 men's soccer, but it is still a well played exciting brand of the sport. Tickets are cheap & available. Come on to Lockhart and join the fun...:)

10. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Zing!

11. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, I owned up to my stupid. Many folks around here don't.

Coach Abby needs make sure Ellertson does not pick up a yellow against Philly. I hope she's paying attention to those details. I don't want to see mJ go into their playoff game at less than full strength.

I also want Abby to give herself & certain other players some rest. They've had a packed schedule over the last 2 weeks and have a (potentially) packed schedule ahead. I don't see SBFC or Boston beating Philly on the road @PPL and I do not want Philly in the final (but I do want Kai to do well...).

12. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I might have felt different if I had paid $$ for the game, but the resting should have started on Wed.

13. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    It's all in good fun, Princess.

14. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  15. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, OK, I don't know what he looks like.....

16. soccerreigns

soccerreigns New Member

Jul 22, 2009
    does this reporter really think solo would say anything negative about dan right now....when she is getting the cars, and money he is giving her....what an idiot reporter.....he has bought some player's loyalty not earned it....

17. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    ..especially, with dude standing not too far away from her. Just curious, what kind of car is magicDan providing to his big stars?

18. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    i'm sure they aren't driving sentras. what cars would give his company the biggest write off? this was the guy who moved $2M or something like that from one point - another within a NP via his lawyers and paid himself back.

19. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well stars are one thing, but I'm pretty sure I saw one of the subs hitching on I95 today.....

:)

20. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    So, we're talking Bugattis and R8s? ;)

And you just kept driving? ;)

21. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was waiting for Hope. I understand she is too injured to steer....

22. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    :)

Well played, sir. Well played.

23. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WPS MagicJack Disconnected?

24. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Good read but this guy has a club house and team physician. I do agree with one respondent, is it really like that, players going the whole season without tape and begging other teams? i'm sure there is disorganization, given he was coaching the practices, probably like his u14 club. anyway, we'll know more in 2012, given with new franchises, players who hate magicjack will opt out, so they will have free reign to rag magicDan and point out life at magicjack is like north korea.

oh, and i heard on strikers radio that the owner of the dolpins or someone in the organization couldn't get in touch with him or something of that nature. again, dan may look at that as team giving magicjack 15 mins and forgetting about magicjack afterwards, so he is blowing them off.

who knows?