News/Info on MagicJack

Discussion in 'magicJack' started by MRAD12, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Ben James Ben

Ben James Ben Member

Apr 28, 2009
    According to the article, the grievance was the basis for Borislow's rest-of-the-season sideline suspension.

I hope that the email will eventually get leaked. I can't wait to read it.

ETA

2. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I laughed out loud when I saw that he actually used the word "hater" when talking to Beau Dure. Dude is a piece of work.

So, Klinger, Moros, Schnur, Masar are what I see as the best bets for players that might have been part of the grievance.

3. soccerreigns

soccerreigns New Member

Jul 22, 2009
    glad this crap has finally emerged..been goign on since day 1. since he has money he thinks he can treat peopel like crap and use that as a means to threaten them. Now maybe everyone will know why there has been no interviews and players twitter accts are usually positive...if not then there apparently are reprecussions\ for that. glad to see the league office standng up for the former players and current!!!

4. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, the regulation seems a bit bizarre. You get to coach two years before you need to get your "A" license? What happens if you then fail the test? You forfeit any wins you got when you were not qualified? Does Abby have an "A" license?

I know the guy seems like a loose cannon but that does not make him always wrong.

Besides, I remember the infamous brouhaha when the licensing nerds flunked Cubillas.....

5. PinoeSwag

PinoeSwag New Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I was a star player (Pinoe, Solo, Boxx, Rampone, etc) I would not be playing for this guy. I dislike the fact that this guy thinks he can bully his players around, and now that Wambach is player/coach I doubt he is going to get away with any of this garbage.

Do you guys think the team is going to last in Boca Raton?

6. soccerreigns

soccerreigns New Member

Jul 22, 2009
    my thinking is they will finish the season but i would be almost 90% that most of the players would not even consider being a part of that team next year if he is involved in any way, if there is even a team. Those left will talk a good talk like they have done just to keep peace but afterward the season i bet alot will speak out. best move to help the team is having a player finish the season as coach....hopefully it will build a bit of confidence for them..

7. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And Borislow has been cutting off his nose to spite his face. If he'd been the slightest bit flexible in the formation he demanded they play -- or you, know let the coach he hired actually coach -- the team would be either 1 or 2 in the standings and he'd be happier b/c of the ego boost of "his team" winning.

8. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I don't think it will depend on the players' opinions of him on whether the team sticks around. It's more a combination of if he's willing to pay for having a team + if WPS is willing to tolerate his antics in exchange for having enough teams to have a season. If both of those happen, the team stays.
    After that, well... it's professional sports. If there aren't roster spots/good enough salaries on other teams, players will go to mJ. As sucky as it would be for them.

9. PinoeSwag

PinoeSwag New Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it will come down to if the WPS wants him around. I don't think his desire will be strong enough to keep the team, and I doubt that any of the star players will stick around.

I would love to see these players stick together and locate to another city. Maybe someone who watched the WWC will try to invest in another team... (hopeful thought). This team is arguably the best team in the league when all of its players are present, so it would suck to see them split because this guy is one of the worst owners of all time!

10. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The key would be finding a person (or persons) willing to buy the team when he's lost interest. Without an owner, there is no team.

11. PinoeSwag

PinoeSwag New Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, for sure! I think that the WWC should have -which doesn't mean it definitely has- inspired some new owners. With the amount of publicity that Hope and Abby have had this week, there could possibly be some new opportunities out there.

12. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The key, I think, is getting fans to be vocal in their support of the league and convince some money people to get invested. How we do that is another question.

13. PinoeSwag

PinoeSwag New Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I totally agree. Fans need to say consistent. I heard that the USA team might be doing a tour throughout the country, so maybe more exposure will gain more interest, more fans, and more opportunities for individuals to invest in the WPS. Will that happen.... We'll have to wait and see.

14. Ben James Ben

Ben James Ben Member

Apr 28, 2009
    More information on the grievance:

http://www.potomacsoccerwire.com/news/460/17336

15. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Good. Let the team play. That WNY game was sad, no matter what people say. MJ players were walking on the field lost.

In fact I enjoy him fighting with the Fitz, the League Pres and all the Fines and Suspensions. It was some good crazy press early in the season, but the players shouldn't have to be bothered with it. Just let them play ball.

16. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Wow. His behavior since he bought the team has been bizzare to say the least.

Who the f_ck in their right mind would want to play for this guy?

What intelligent business man or woman would want to invest in a league with this guy in it?

It must be exhausting to league officials dealing with this guy on a week to week basis.

17. StevieBeat

StevieBeat Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I would say it's been a downward spiral from bizarre to disgusting.

Yeah, kinda makes the whole intimidating, demeaning bully thing seem pretty plausible.

Glad there's a union to back the players and hopefully the league has the ability to fully enforce the no-retaliation statement. I was able to give him the benefit of the doubt early on when he talked about some of the league's requirements causing unnecessary expenses, but he seems to have completely lost it now. It's going to get worse when this ends up in court and everything will be dragged out for the public to see.

18. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WPS preview: Wambach to coach magicJack

19. seCrawler

seCrawler New Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Club:
    Santa Fe Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Isn't this a bit over the top? At the end of the day, the product he puts forth isn't that bad. Plus he isn't the first rogue owner in sports.

Anyway, is there a feed for the MagicJack vs Atlanta game?

20. StarCityFan

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. He's got the most loaded roster in the league, but his team is 1-5-1 on the road (the only win is against Atlanta) and has given up 20 goals in those games while only scoring 8.

2. There are rogue owners and there are insane ones. If you can find another one who's fired his coach, his general manager, and any players he doesn't like, and is trying to coach the team himself despite having zero experience at it, let me know.

1 person likes this.
  21. soccerreigns

soccerreigns New Member

Jul 22, 2009
    any live bloggers out at the game

22. StarCityFan

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can follow the @ATLBeat Twitter feed. That's about it so far as I know.

23. SBALL

SBALL Member

May 17, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LIVE BLOG at All White Kit.MJ IN 4-4-2

24. Fate

Fate Member

Jul 19, 2011
    South Philly
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. pasoccerdad

pasoccerdad Member

Mar 17, 2008
    KOP
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even if they do a tour.... WPS will not get any Press from it. They are not mentioning WPS in ANY post WWC appearances.. if they do play in a WPS city, the best we as fans can hope for is to have a booth outside... but the USWNT attendance has been approaching dreadful and most attendees already know about the WPS - I see very little value in the USWNT tour as far as boosting the league