News from Brasil Dec 2011

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Colorado_GAUCHO, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    You heard it here first - we WON'T win the Copa in 2014. Signed by Colorado Gaucho and Denilson70! I do not think I will be travelling to Brazil for it - losing and crap airports turn me off!

Playing at home is an advantage? Remember, we do not play at home (much)! On the rare occasions that we have we have had to play outside the traditional football centres because we get booed too often!

2. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Sorry IVO, but I disagree with you about Luxa. He totally tanked our season in the second half -- especially that stretch of 10 games without a win. The title was basically ours to win until he decided to invent a bunch of crap.

Luxa has been on the decline as a tactical mastermind for a good 5-6 years. His insistence on sub-par players (Welinton, Fierro, Deivid, Jael, Renato), poor substitution choices and horrible tactics (R10 as a lone centerforward, Fierro in every postion in the midfield, etc) show me he doesn't have it any more. He also appears to be more interested in another game that has been eating into his time while at Palmeiras and Atletico-MG -- poker. Many sources say he's addicted to it.

3. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If CBF acts urgently and dumps Mano Menezes, I might believe we have a shot in 2014. The planning for this Cup has been disastrous. Joke friendlies against the likes of Gabon. Inexplicable call-ups.

I dislike Muricy at times -- he can come off as an arrogant a-hole, but I think he is definitely one of our best choices as a coach. He has had success virtually everywhere he has gone, bar Palmeiras, who has been a mess for years. I actually BELIEVE him when he says he is going to WORK his group. He has enough CHARACTER and INTEGRITY for me to believe he won't call up players for some extra bucks. Unfortunately, I doubt he'll get another chance with Sanchez running the show. He'll never cut loose his buddy Mano.

4. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Bro, I think of the worst things really is not playing the qualifiers. That's is hurting us more than Mano Menezes and CBF crooks. There's about 10 matches that Brasil would be playing at home (thus warming up the fan base) and using the so called "home advantage". Brasil don't even play in Brasil anymore. It's all London and Qatar. And the fellas here talking about home advantage. C'mon, Brasilian fans in some areas of the country are so lame it's shameful. The only thing people sing is "sou brasileiro com muito orgulho com muito amor". It's a joke. In the south we have solid fan bases that sing the entire match and make a difference (as could be seen in Colorado many Internacional titles the last couple of years). Places like Brasilia etc, these people are not even used to going to games. How's that advantage really going to help us? It's no Argentina or Uruguay (over there in any city their fans are awesome), it's Brasil! People seem to forget that.

5. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Right there. The truth. We are in the worst hands we could possible be.

6. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    The whole fart polemica pretty much summed the season up for me. I've never witnessed anything quite like that, shit that a middle school team would encounter. It shows that the players don't respect him either.

7. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The knockout games would be more in Sampa and Rio. The final is in the Maracana stadium. If you have ever spent a Copa in Rio, then you would understand what an actual final would be like in the Maracana stadium - VAI SER INACREDITAVEL!

FELIZ ANO NOVO PARA TODOS MEUS AMIGOS!!
    And to my gringo friends - HAPPY NEW YEAR !!
    May the coming year bring us all hapiness, health and much success - TO OUR NATIONAL TEAM!

8. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Maracana? Final Match.

Oh no!

Deja vu all over again

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pMmRFKKZfk"]El día que Brasil lloró | Uruguay Campeón del Mundo 1950 - YouTube[/ame]

9. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    They value the players more though, CG. In Rio and SP, for example, if Brazil are not winning early and by a couple of goals after 15 minutes then the pressure builds and the boos start. I witessed this personally in 1998 in the Maracana when we were losing to Argentina; additionally both Rai and Cafu were slagged off - presumably because they were from SP! One good memory from 2011 is the crowd in Belem chanting Bruno Cortes' name when he came off. A great moment.

10. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Brazil can kill Germany and Spain in 2014 World Cup.

Me and my Cousin both bet $350 on Brazil against Netherlands in 2010 World Cup, and I was so pissed off when they lost, not because of the money, I just wanted Brazil to win.

Now I cant wait until 2014 World Cup, I even have a count-down on my Ipod lol, and if Brazil lose I will go crazy.
    But I still reckon they will win 2014 WC, who the hell is Germany and Spain. Neymar will kill them.

If Brazil lose 2013 Confederation Cup then Mano will need to go ASAP, but if they will then its all good.

11. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    Save your money this time - and you won't go crazy - because we won't win! Why don't you start saving now and go the Copa?

12. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

13. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    The "must" is why we won't!

1 person likes this.
  14. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The crowd is way tougher as you go south. Most people in Rio Grande do Sul hate CBF and their schemes. Also, people probably are their team first and NT second. So they always get less love here.

15. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Brasil can't beat Germany, not even compete with them. Forget about beating them. Now when Brasil loses the Confederations CUp and Mano get's the boot, the excuse will be that 1 years isn't enough time to get the team ready. It's all written for us to see, the dark future that is.

16. samuel_clemens

Dec 20, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    can't wait for Maracanazzo part deux:

[​IMG]

17. samuel_clemens

Dec 20, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    ^except this time will lose in the round of 16 instead. No way this team makes it to the final.

18. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I am not one to say that this team is looking good right now, but I am sure most of us are all old enough to remember 94 an 02. So I wouldn't be so pessimistic yet.

19. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    It usually when we don't believe in the team that they surprise us but something serious has to change in order for me to believe in this team. There is absolutely no direction right now and the thing is we have some nice talent to build a very competitive team.

20. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm thinking round of 16 as well, but that only because I don't know the group yet. Depending on the group there's a real chance we may not even make it out of the group stage.

21. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You're assuming all other teams are going to have their shit together. That's never the case. Typically there are 3-4 good teams per WC.

We'll make it past the 1st round and round of 16 (unless we get a surprise strong team in R16). After QF it's all up in the air.

Anyways ... it's way too early to be making any assumptions.

22. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well, I'm assuming that there's going to be a load of European teams who will have a decent competition (Eurocup) to test their teams, plus they are playing qualifiers, while in our confederation tournament we were a total joke and we are not only not playing qualifiers but we are playing crappy friendlies. We get a group with an African team and a half decent European plus some crappy Asian team we won't it out. Should we got 2 decent European teams or one decent and one decent SA team and we are done. All it takes is the one loss and one tie and the other two teams will make it out and we won't. Believe me, it seems very likely that it's going down that way.

23. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Jesus, you people make me depressed. I am saving my money: it's going to cost about $100,000.00 to see all Brasil games for me, my wife and son, but with you guys analysis, you are making me quiver.

24. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Dude, all seriousness. Cut your loses and use 5k and get a 75" LED Tv and enjoy the games at home. We got no shot at this. After Eurocup once people see the likes of Germany, Spain, Holland etc everything is going to become clear. We got no team (collectively or otherwise) to win this thing. Do you really think Cbf cares? They are getting paid either way. Nike will make their money, so are the players. They don't give a rat's ass about the whole thing. Playing for the NT isn't what it used to be. Also, Teixeira and his crooks already secured plenty with the whole buildup to this chokefest. They are laughing all the way to the bank, why would you wast your money when all evidence points to a total disaster. In 2006 I could see how people could get fooled (as I did it myself) We were defending the WC title, we had the world's best player at that time and previous best player as well. And after that massacre over Argentina at Confederations Cup I said to myself "I don't care how much money I spend, I'm going to see us winning 06". We all know how that ended. What do you got to believe it now? All penalties kicked out in Copa America, total domination by Germany and can't barely beat some crappy African team. Dude, anybody who says they believe Brasil is winning this WC is lying to himself. And people who know the game agree.

http://globoesporte.globo.com/futeb...-fase-diz-romario-sobre-o-brasil-em-2014.html

25. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think you are overestimating the other teams. I'd say Germany and Spain will be really good. Spain might start suffering from some complacency by then ... who knows. Holland should be good as well. After these 3 I don't see any European team who can be way above us. France, Italy if they get their act together perhaps ? But we are not likely to face any of these teams until the QFs.