News around the club and about former BMG players/managers

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by Borussia, Sep 14, 2009.

1. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Man talking about Russia and their national team...they have gone 100 years in reverse !

2. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    borderland, Maas drainage basin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    not exactly hot news but Kruse moved to Werder
    while definitely a step back it's a good move I think... a 'real' football club and a possibility to bring in his leader qualities
    he and the old warhorse Pizarro might be a good fit

Dante is linked with Favre's Nice
    according to spanish papers ter Stegen might get what he wants at Barca

and a special service to Mr.KG: Rooooooooeeeeeeeeel recently told he gave thoughts to move to MLS two years ago (but his wife was pregnant and finally Borussia offered a new contract)... the club who made him an offer was (you might have already guessed...or known): Columbus Crew!

3. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you have a link? Boy, it would have been nice to have him here.

4. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    it was AZ (print), don't know if the interview is online
    the interview is fresh but the offer was two years ago (see above), Roel told it was quite interesting and that wasn't because of the money ;-)

5. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yea its been a while ( the move to Bremen i mean) i would have liked him back as well!

6. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here = Columbus, in this case, not Bremen or Gladbach

7. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    :speechless::confused:

8. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't normally post in this thread, but I know he still has fans here.......

Kruse blew his knee out in the Cup game. Gone......"for months" as per Bremen.

Happy to back up the adage: when it all starts to go wrong.......... it does tend to snowball !- ain't that the truth !

9. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    Hrgota scored Frankfurt's first goal of the season
    Dante finally joins Favre at the Mediterranenan coast

10. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sadly Lucky for me its been the case..and for all the wrong reasons...to the point i better not say a single word....because the quick sand continues to follow me...i even thought i finding a shaman...go figure b/c it seems like some sort of curse been put on me.At least the guy likes to paint his car like a snake..leave 80 large ones in the back seat of a cab..show off at poker tourney's ..and cares less about money since somehow seems like money comes to him instead...oh and he was sporting a new hair style at the Pokal Game :sick::sick::sick::sick:
    Man i think his best years where at Gladbach...to me his style of play was incredible ( when he was with us) and i am sad to see him screw it up like this...but in this case can u be sorry for him???:confused::(
    Just wish others with more dignity and appreciation had half his skills and would work on it..to help themselves others country and club!

11. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've learned the hard way over the years that it's better to go against my own instincts and be sorry for every misfortune. The knock on one's own door is never long in coming. Sounds like you know a thing or two about that........
    Mine arrived last June. Living a personal nightmare ever since. Times like these cause me to rely on my own life mantras:

It is what it is-I can't fix it. Somebody Else can though.

It is what it is- until it isn't.

I doubt we'll ever meet beyond a keyboard, but hearing your life hasn't cleared up as yet, I'll say a prayer for you. Ask whatever Higher Authority you may invoke to look my way as well when he gets a free minute. Understanding He may be a tad preoccupied elsewhere at the moment...........

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS and panicfc repped this.
  12. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If i tell you even though its been thru a keyboard...it feels like i know you and i have met you...call me crazy...i still have my gut feelings at times intact and i sense your genuine vibe over and across the ocean that seperates us...and it means the world to me that you will pray for me and spare a min of your life thinking about it...and to extend a helping hand ..even if its all in your mind....i owe you my friend.And everything you said about my situation hits the nail on head...at times i feel i deserve it all...and somewhere sometime..me or someone in my family ..or past generation has done something very mean and bad..and it so happenes that i got picked to be the recipient of his wrath...but i feel already broken so am not sure why it keeps coming??? The suffering has done me in pretty good...so why all the rest continues?I know you don't have the answers...just sharing.Some tell me ...we are the chosen ones...but boy am ready to pass along that torch cause at some point....even a vessel that runs on Nuclear power needs some maintainance...and the past several years for me..its been one setback after another...at the end thanks again for your words..you may not understand how it hits home and means to me...but to give u a hint when i was reading your reply i had teary eyes! Yes my friend so i need not say more.....God Bless you!

LuckyStriker and panicfc repped this.
  13. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    soccer-reality today beats the power of even exuberant imagination:
    Monsieur Favre is coaching Mario Balotelli!
    mon dieu, that's gonna be interesting!

14. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i hope Balotelli can get his career back in order, and it helps Favre as well too.
    Plus living in Nice can't be that rough :)

15. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lucien Favre who tends to dirigate his team's every step by repeating the same drills hundreds of times on the training ground is about to coach Mario Balotelli. What could possibly go wrong here. :D :p

16. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Oh indeed. "Super Mario " has never been known to play Nice in his sandbox before..............

17. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    I hope, too but I've my doubts...
    Mourinho once said he could write a book about his time at Inter with just one topic: Balotelli
    Mario once told him (after not showing up to a talk in private in Mourinhos office): I was at Formula 1, I can come to your office every day but Formula 1 in Italy is just once a year!
    Lucien is gonna love that!
    but people change... sometimes at least... maybe Balotelli's last chance... in my weak moments I like players who aren't that slick...

but kicking in Nice can ;-) I hope he's not gonna end up like de Jong...

18. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Favre does have a deft touch with players with atypical personalities; Raffael, Kruse, & Kramer.

Shame Ben Arfa won't be there for another season, he & Favre would make magic together.

19. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    Raffael & Kramer maybe atypical but for my liking easy to handle (in soccer terms) and over all: highly professional
    Favre and Kruse (by all accounts) had a tense relationship... Kruse wasn't the 'I follow your lead'-type of player but at least in Gladbach he acted professional... and anyway it worked ... because Kruse was a tactically smart workhorse
    Favre and Pantelic? that got extra-tense
    Favre gets pissed when a player isn't soccer-focused and when the player doesn't strictly follow his tactical instructions (which are d-e-m-a-n-d-i-n-g to say the least) ... [and he gets pissed when the club forces a player on him he doesn't really want (de Jong f.e.)...] so, it's all up to Super Mario I guess
    Favre: "If he gets along well with the team, if he is a model for the youngsters, works and runs, then he isn't a problem for the club."... I'm trying to get some Nice-action and hope they'll challenge the boring Parisians...

20. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I watched Nice's first match against Rennes on socceryou; and it was nice to see that smooth favre possession game at work.

Vincent Koziello really stuck out to me. He looked like he had a lot of technical skills for Lucien to mold in the midfield...actually reminded me of Dahoud. He made a lot more mistakes when picking his passes, but the way he danced through the midfield before playing those passes; was very mo like. If Favre can develop his mind, you guys should take a serious run at that kid next summer. Benes, Sow & Ndenge are all really exciting, but that kid looks like he could just step right into Mo's shoes with a year of Favre's tutelage.

21. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    thanks, will have a closer look on him... (maybe I check the stream quality of the DAZN-free month offering, they have ligue 1 amongst others) don't think we'll see Mo longer than this season for Borussia
    but I'm curious about Favre's reaction if Borussia headhunts one of his players...

22. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    according to EXPRESS Nordtveit is now the best paid norwegian athlete... while playing for a club which didn't even qualify for Europaleague... they failed to beat Astra Giurgiu (of Romania, if someone wasn't quite sure about that)... for the 2nd season in a row!
    4,3M euros! I guess Eberl barely offered him half of it... but it wasn't the money (of course not!) it was his childhood dream (this again I believe and that's ok for me) ... "It feels like the whole world is watching you. And it is. It's Hollywood."
    huh, Hollywood? seems he experienced a transformation from a viking to a vikilebrity... but out of thanks I'm not further commenting this.... except for:
    STROBL STROBL STROBL STROBL STROBL STROBL!!!!!

23. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    Xhaka wants to say goodbye to Borussia's supporters
    Arsenal told him to send a video message
    Granit said no, I wanna do it personally, it's an affair of the heart to me
    most likely he's coming back against Stuttgart (DFB Pokal), end of october