News around the club and about former BMG players/managers

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by Borussia, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Let's start a thread where we can chat about things concerning the club (i.e. financial issues, stadium, perspective etc.) and also about former BMG players & managers (especially those with great merits).

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the greatest Borussia player ever!

[​IMG]

mehr:
    CLICK

2. Lascho

Lascho Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Hannover, Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    I'll take this one for an interview with a fan:
    Arsene Wenger:
    "I dealt with football since I was 5 years old. My thoughts about football are heavily influenced by the Germans. I always watched the "Sportschau", every saturday afternoon, a quarter to six. It was the time of Netzer, Beckenbauer, Overath. I loved the style of Borussia Mönchengladbach. This dynamic game is deeply enrooted in me."

3. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Here's an interesting interview with Michael Frontzeck (in German).

CLICK

I'm sure that Naz is gonna love the headline...;)

4. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Anybody knows this person? :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Damn, he got a nice belly...

6. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Damn u uwie u torture me all the time,i really need a gladbach jersey with a huge BRUNS autographe on the back!:mad:

7. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You have already got the autograph from me (even in a large size) ... so you only need to (finally) attend a game at Borussia-Park (the fanshop is really nice:). ;)

8. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Actually i might very well do that,would be intertesting to meet u in person and go over some Gladbach stories over many rounds of beer ( My fav is the the Dark ISENBECK..which i cant find up here in vancouver) but i need a plan,just cant come up there for one game...also it might be in the dead of winter which i guess is not as good as summer :( But i do need to come to monchengladbach and visit the city then the Prophecy will be complete..hahaha :D

Can we meet up with Mr.Bruns tho...am not sure if i can handle it,he would think am some crazy guy!

BTW his wife must be a great chef...boy he has put on some majore weight,this guy was so in shape its not even funny!

www.fotobahn.com

9. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Naz, if you want to meet Mr. Bruns, you have to attend a home game of RW Oberhausen ... or their away games in Fürth. ;)

Indeed. :D

But well, most former soccer players get pretty fat when turning older ... due to their laziness & good appetite. :))

10. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Interesting interview (unfortunately only in German) with our Sportdirektor Max Eberl after the Hoffenheim disappointment:

CLICK

Can you translate, dear Kenneth? :)

11. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Alex Baumjohann is not even hiding the bench in tonight's Cup match against the 2nd league team RW Oberhausen. :eek:

Well, he badly wanted to move to Munich...:rolleyes:

12. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    [​IMG]

Trauer um Rolf Rüssmann

Borussia Mönchengladbach trauert um Rolf Rüssmann. Der ehemalige Manager des VfL verstarb nach schwerer Krankheit in der Nacht zum Samstag im Alter von 58 Jahren.

more:
    CLICK

R.I.P.

Rolf Rüssmann formed a great BMG squad as club manager during the mid 90's (a.o. the DFB-Pokal win 1995), but also got us into serious financial trouble (resulting in our first relegation 1998/99).

13. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Funny and sad how "HISTORY REPEATS" itself...We knew this would happen,was this move worth in the long-term for AB footballing carrier..prolly not! Oh well as the old saying

"THE DONKEY WILL ONLY START SWIMMING WHEN THE WATER REACHES UP TO HIS EARS"
    :D

14. Lascho

Lascho Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Hannover, Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Sad thing is: Bayern won't even lose any money on him. They will prabably loan him in winter, maybe to Gladbach; and then sell him next summer for maybe 2 millions. They'll probably even make more money than they paid him; he lost a year; and maybe we have to pay to get one of our players back.

15. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Who is our scout ( or the panel that picks/buys new talent & players)?? The "Genius" that has picked so many useless talents for us this season...players that are invisible in the game or lack creativity and the right mental stamina,playes that are great on paper or at previous clubs but are nothing but a name with a fat salary & contract hanging around their necks...i hope its not BONHOF..because there goes another one of my fav legends out of the window!

I also believe we should have kept BOKELBERG..this borussia-park has brought us nothing but "BAD-LUCK" , yes i am a bit superstitious so what?? :eek:

16. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we had kept the Bokelberg, we would have remained a second division team or gone bankrupt. It just was too small to generate the revenue a top team needs these days (excepting perhaps Bayer Leverkusen--but then they have the deep pockets of Bayer itself). Now a stadium alone doesn't do it for a team (just look at Fortuna Duesseldorf, for one) but the lack of a decent one can hurt you (one example: SV Waldhof Mannheim).

17. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    They have got a pretty nice 30,000 stadium for many years now, Ken ("Carl-Benz-Stadion"). It's the venue where Hoffenheim played before the winter break last season...

Btw: Here's a statement from Hans Meyer regarding our current crisis.

http://www.rp-online.de/public/article/moenchengladbach/766610/Kuehlen-Kopf-bewahren.html

The problem is that Michael Fontzeck won't get this time in the case of ongoing bad results against Wolfsburg & Köln, simply because pressure from the media & fans will be immens. Unfortunately, the board can rarely stick with a manager in such situations (look at what happened to Lucien Favre in Berlin despite his great last season) ... even if he's a BMG "icon" like Jupp Heynckes or Michael Frontzeck. Max Eberl & Rainer Bonhof surely know this as well (despite their statements to totally trust MF).

Let's hope that the team is gonna realize the seriousness of our situation and try everything to get results in the next 2 games (especially in the derby).

18. Lascho

Lascho Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Hannover, Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    I'll do my very best. I have a ticket for the Wolfsburg game, but I'm on a bachelor party weekend in Amsterdam, and not sure I'll make it to Wolfsburg early enough.

19. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Please stay away from that game! :eek: ;) You know what happened when we travelled to Frankfurt last season ... or in Nuremberg this season (I'd have better not entered the stadium). :)

20. Lascho

Lascho Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Hannover, Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Or Bremen this season... ;)
    Good news: The wedding is at the weekend of the Hamburg away game; I would have visited it otherwise...

21. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Please, please sell your ticket! :))

22. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, but 30,000 just isn't enough for a 1 BL team these days unless you have a sponsor or owner with deep pockets. I went to the old stadium in Waldhof (the father of my best friend as a kid was from Waldhof, so I knew about them) 1978 for a game vs Karlsruhe and I was mostly standing on the track at field level during the game, like it was a pick-up game or something. I think it could hold about 10,000. Then they played in Ludwigshaven for their first few years in the 1 BL, which satisfied no one.

23. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Anybody remembers this guy (one of the biggest BMG talents and also in German football)?

[​IMG]

Here's a very interesting & detailed interview with him (in German):

http://www.zeit.de/2009/41/DOS-Deisler (5 pages in total)

He wasn't the player for environments like Berlin & Munich ... so maybe this tragedy wouldn't have happened if he stayed in Mönchengladbach.

24. Lascho

Lascho Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Hannover, Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Yeah. What a great player. And what a poor guy. It's not all about the money.

25. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sad to see how these "idiots" follow a "MIRAGE" at big clubs such as bayern and only end up flushing their entire future down the tubes...most these x-gladbachers could have flourished and made more money in the long term..if they would have stayed with borussia and helped this club back to its glory days!
    :cool: