News about Polish Players [R]

Discussion in 'Poland' started by karny9, Dec 28, 2005.

1. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    I thought this would be a good idea, since we can use this thread to talk about the performances of some of the players, and other random things that dont fit in anywhere else.

In the first news, it is good to see that Grzegorz Rasiak has returned to the starting XI for Tottenham, at least temporarily anyways. He started in todays match against WBA and was subbed of in the 70th minute. Tottenham lost
    2-0.

However, there was some good news, as Tomasz Kuszczak again beat out Kirkland for the starting spot, and earned a clean sheet.

2. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    Re: News about Polish Players

I havent really heard as much about this as I thought I would, but I'm guessing Ebi Smolarek is the player of the year for Poland?
    http://www.borussia-dortmund.com/?Z%1B%E4%F4%9D

Ive also read it on PZPN but it was vaguely mentioned. I'm not sure if this is the real one, and why their hasnt been any mention of it?

3. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC

Yeah, he was the Polish player of the Year as chosen by the Pilka Nozna weekly, I have that issue. I guess the choice was rather controversial, as other players in the running were Boruc, Dudek, Zurawski and Frankowski. Piechna won both the "discovery" of the year award and the best player in the Poish Ekstraklasa. Janas won the coach of the year prize.

4. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

dudek was rumored to be going to benfica as they think highly of him

5. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto

anywhere but l'pool will do him good at the moment. That would be funny if he got transferred and started against them in the CL. Wow, I actually hadn't thought about that until now. It would be quite the game.

6. Legionista

Legionista New Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Warszawa/Toronto

read somewhere that the benfica move is getting less probable

7. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto

i know that the benfica supporters feel they have sufficient goaltending and it would be stupid to waste money on Dudek.

8. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
  9. youcantseeme

youcantseeme Member

Dec 22, 2005
    England
    Tomasz Kusczak

hey. I'm an Albion fan and wanted your thoughts on Kuszcak. He has been real good for us, very talented keeper and he is also preventing Kirkland (England's real no1 :D ) from playing.

Bryan Robson has today said that he deserves a recall to the polish team intime for the world cup. www.wba.co.uk

Do you think he has a chance to be ur no 1 keeper ahead of Dudek and the lad at celtic?

10. slask

slask New Member

Dec 22, 2005
    Re: Tomasz Kusczak

Mate dont worry about Dudek he looks 3rd choice to me at the moment, in my opinion unless someone is blind its Kusczak or Boroc. I faver boroc who has done nothing wrong for the NT and preformed very well for Celtic as well.

On the other hand people will say thet Kusczak is playing in a harded league and for a weaker team, meaning he has to stop better quality players shots.
    I say let them fight it out at club level for the next few moths to see who no1 will be , Dudek may even get a look in if he can find a club asap
    But Kusczak will be in the wc squad 100% IMO. :)

11. Legionista

Legionista New Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Warszawa/Toronto

Im not blind and the only choice seems to be Boruc. Obvious 2nd choice for coach Janas (and for me) is Spartak Moscow's Wojciech Kowalewski - goalkeeper of the year in Russia. Most fans in Poland seriously underestimate this player which is a BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG mistake. 3rd will most probably be Dudek due to the fact that he won the Champions League, but based on the current form i would like to see Legia Warszawa's Lukasz Fabianski or WBA's Kuszczak to take his place. Kuszczak is at the moment 4th/5th choice at best with little chance of going to Germany.

12. pivociak

pivociak New Member

Dec 15, 2005
    Otwock, Poland

yeah, it would be great if we have on every posiotion as big choice as we have it on GK. boruc, dudek, fabianski, kuszczak, kowalewski - for me every one of them could be our #1 and i wouldn't be afraid of conceeding stupid goals.

13. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto

I saw the game against l'pool and he played amazing. Tough luck for the kid though, since he has to fight out it out with at least 3 other very good keepers.

14. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

We'll take him back...although gk is not an issue for our club.

15. marcin79

marcin79 New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Warszawa, Poland

Kuszczak has spent a lot of time as substitute at his previous club, Hertha BSC, when he was a backup for Hungarian Gabor Kiraly. Despite no first team action in Bundesliga, he was first choice in goal of Poland U-21 then and he also got the chance to make debut for Poland main squad.

After his move to WBA in 2004, he could not win the rivalry with English goalkeeper Russell Hoult, however when he got the chance to play against Man Utd, he's got many awesome reviews from football authorities.

Now things seem to turn better to our goalie, who was always considered as one of most talented Polish players on his position, but he was simply not considered as first goalkeeper for NT as he was so short of first team action at his clubs.

16. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto

if ony we had this kind of problem with our defence

17. Bialagwiazda21

Bialagwiazda21 New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    Scottsdale AZ

No way Iagree with you here. Lets remember in the EPL Kuszcak has been playing against top shelf opposition and despite the fact he has only played
    11 games he has been amazing. I mean the game against Liverpool I couldn't believe some of the saves he was making. If you areputing Dudek and Fabianski in front of him that is crazy. Dudek has not played in months and it does not look like he will be transfered in January, as for Fabianski you cannot be serious the guy is just proving himself in the Polish League. Boruc and Kowalewski are both looking like they will go this summer but Kuszczak iscreeping up. But we wil se what happens when he plays against the US in march which he will. Check out this link:http://sport.gazeta.pl/sport/1,65025,3095742.html

18. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
  19. Legionista

Legionista New Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Warszawa/Toronto

Fabianski already proved himself in Poland but im a little biased ;) I know that hes 5th or 6th choice ;) As for Dudek I think that if he wont transfer away from Liverpool he shouldnt go. If he does though he deserves a chance.

P.S. Read carefully!! Where did I say that Dudek and Fabianski are better than him?

20. youcantseeme

youcantseeme Member

Dec 22, 2005
    England

Alot of WBA fans felt that Kusczak should have played a bigger role last season then he did since Hoult was very dodgy due to a back problem he picked up which was one of a few reasons we ALMOST got relegated. Whenever kus had a chance he did well, but without doubt his best game came against united at old trafford, he was just brilliant that day.

This season we brought Kirkland on loan from liverpool, who has always had a massive reputation here in England. He started off as no1 but picked up an injury and Kusczak came in and has taken his chance very well.

Im happy for the lad, he gets on with it and doesnt complain and is getting a chance in the prem to show everyone he is a top keeper, and deserves a chance to be your number 1.

It would be also good to see a few more baggie boys at the world cup. :D

21. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto

well hes getting his chance to prove to Janas he can be there. I'm pretty sure you cant understand that article we provided the link to, but it says that our NT coach is well aware of Kuszczaks play, and that he has been called into the NT for the friendly against the U.S. in Kaiserlautern. He says that he is very happy that Kuszczak is playing well, and that no final decisions will be made until may, regarding the roster.

22. Bialagwiazda21

Bialagwiazda21 New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    Scottsdale AZ

Well you do say that Kuszczak is 5th or 6th choice :) . But anyway we have a wealth of class goalies so we can sit here and speculate but I a lot can happen within the next several months. Especially if Dudek does end up making a move to the Bundesliga and regaining form. That could change the pecking order too.

PS. I think Kuszczak has a BIG career in front of him, he is only 23 that is very young for a goalie who is already making waves in the EPL :D

23. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto

boruc is young too though, so unless kuszczak gains a regular starting role and excels in it, i cant see him knocking off artur.

24. Legionista

Legionista New Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Warszawa/Toronto

by Janas not by me ;)

Janas said that hell call Kuszczak for the USA game
    http://www.90minut.pl/news.php?id=362630

also Dudek will get his chance in the english cup after Reinas magnificent game against Bolton

25. youcantseeme

youcantseeme Member

Dec 22, 2005
    England

lol ur right I couldnt :D ....but thanks for summarising it. Good news about kuszak. :cool: