Newbie needs help

Discussion in 'Hattrick' started by nutella, Dec 10, 2006.

1. nutella

nutella Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Plateau
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I just got my team on the 8th and have a game on the 11th. I pretty much figure that since there are no bot teams in my division, I'll have a last place finish.

My team is name SC North Texas and it's ID # is 8154. Here is my team website.

I have a few questions,

What are training slots? I've assumed trainees are guys you play on your Wednesday friendly game.

I have a defensive minded coach and I've read you should train playmaking or defending, so I chose defending due to my coach, is this a good choice?

I have my transfers listed on the web page. What do you think?

That's about it. Wish me luck.

2. BattalionFC

BattalionFC New Member

Jan 9, 2006
  3. RichardHKirkando

RichardHKirkando New Member

Aug 9, 2006
    Madison, WI
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^^ That's all good info, and answers most of your questions.

Training slots are any players at a position that gets trained. So, if you're a defense trainer, they would be the 10 defenders you play in your 2 games each week (assuming you use a 5-4-1 or a 5-3-2). As a defense trainer, I would suggest picking up as many 17-18 yo players with passable defending skills, up to 10, and play as many as you can each week. This page is useful for determining training slots/types:

http://wiki.hattrick.org/Training

I usually try play as many young players in my training slots, but fill the rest of the roster with older, experienced players. You can usually find cheap-ish 30 yo players with lower TSI that have one or two decent skills, but not much else. These players might help you stay competitive in a tough division, but since you're already in Div. VI (and thus can't get relegated), some would probably say its a waste of money.