NEW YORK: ARGENTINA v BRAZIL June 9th!!!

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by NYC_COSMOS, Dec 19, 2011.

1. RacingGirl

RacingGirl Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 8, 2005
    SoCal
    Club:
    Racing Club de Avellaneda
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Beto
    We're going to wait on the site admin to give us an answer.
    If it's ok I'll repost it. I got it on redial. ;)

2. Volrath

Volrath Member

Jun 28, 2007
    The likes of Brana and Desabato will probably join this list. Sabella would have picked Veron if he was a year younger. It's... disconcerting.

Where are the likes of Pastore and Lamela? There are so many young exciting midfielders he could be picking but it just won't happen.

3. Volrath

Volrath Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Also how is Coloccini not even part of this list? He made the premier league best 11 ffs...

4. bustos21

bustos21 Member

Aug 13, 2004
    NJ
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    got my tickets for the practice session in Red bull arena... should be fun...

5. Crazy Gaucho

Crazy Gaucho New Member

May 26, 2012
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Hey guys, I'm new in the post. I live in Miami and I want to go to NJ for this game. I was about to buy my tickets to the game but I noticed that the fans may be separated by sections. Before I spend all my money, does anybody know how the separation will be? I mean, will Brazil or Argentina be home or visitors? I'm pretty quiet, I won't start any fights with the brazilians but I just want to avoid any confrontations. Anyways, thank you in advance.
    VAMOS ARGENTINA!!!!!!!!!

6. BETO DUEC

BETO DUEC New Member

Mar 21, 2010
    PHILADELPHIA, USA
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    ARGENTINA sector will be behind the goal, sector 121 to lets say 133, same as the 2 upper levels 221 -233 and 331- to 333, go to MET LIFE STADIUM to see a chart of the stadium, also I think the sidelines close to the sector I mention will be Argentine. I have some tickets in section 317, let me know if you need, i got extras, $125. In another note, it's going to be ok, I don't think people will fight or anything like that, it's going to be a lot of family's and people having a good time.

7. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    This match will happen at the new MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, which is right next to the old Giants Stadium. If you choose public transportation, there will be many buses servicing fans leaving from New York City's Port Authority bus terminal, which located on midtown west, on 41st Street and 8th Avenue. Look it up online (njtransit.com). You will find plenty of information regarding buses, fares, and there may well be more information on the website of the stadium itself. Google it.

If you drive, there is plenty of parking, but from what I recall, parking isn't free. Expect to pay anywhere between $15 and $30 for parking.

If you go there early to tailgate (as will most fans), get there as early as possible. 3pm is an early start date; I remember going to international friendlies and club matches there in years past and it was usually not that "early." I would have much preferred 5pm. The stadium's parking lot opens 5 hours ahead, so by 10am there will be many fans coming in to take advantage of those 5 hours before kickoff.

It should be safe. I expect trash talk between fans here and there and it's hard not to expect some kind of altercation in a Brazil vs Argentina. I myself was heckled by Argentines when I went there for USA vs Argentina in 2008, had my Brazil shirt on, and happened to end up sitting in a multitude of Argentines. No one touched me, and I did talk back when provoked (I was there with Argentine friends).

They have ensured fans will be seated separately - when I purchased tickets, I was prompted to choose a team section. Still, you'll probably see some mixed areas, and I hope no one does anything stupid.

Should you choose to drive, expect to spend a long time on your way out. The stadium is strategically located next to a major NJ highway for easy access and yet there will probably be heavy traffic. Still, I guess that's better than waiting for the bus; there will be tons of buses lined up, and yet the wait will be very long as a lot of fans live in NYC and its outer boroughs, as opposed to in New Jersey itself.

Do tailgate if you come with a small group. Bring foldable chairs, a portable grill, charcoal, a cooler w/ ice, water, sodas, and beer, and of course, lots of raw meat and rock salt. I absolutely love grilling (and am heavily biased towards charcoal), so tailgating is something I greatly enjoy. In fact, on one of my first times watching a soccer game live in the old Giants Stadium, a chummy and friendly older Argentine man who was firing up his grill kindly gave me a choripan with morcilla when I happened to walk by and asked him if those dark sausages were in fact morcillas. If you put a black hat and gaucho clothes on him, he would've looked like somebody straight out of a pampas postcard. I paid him back and his group of Latinos with a few cold beers a little later. :)

8. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Wearing a Brasil shirt at a Argentina vs USA game :rolleyes:.

tatoRMN repped this.
  9. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    There were plenty of Argentines wearing your country's colors when Brazil beat the USA in August 2010 (and holding team USA banners, by the way)...

10. Crazy Gaucho

Crazy Gaucho New Member

May 26, 2012
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    thank you so much for the information. I bought my tickets before I saw this message, now I wish I could return them. Anyways, I'll be in sector 338, hopefully with some "compatriotas".
    Thanks again for the info.

11. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    That's a good question. You are best off looking up this information, or perhaps even calling or emailing, the staff from MetLife stadium. I doubt they'll have lockers. If you are coming with a group - say, 3 or 4 people - you might want to rent a car. You can split the costs of rental, parking, tolls, and gas - and you'll have lots of leeway for your chairs, etc. Have fun!

12. Argensoy

Argensoy New Member

Mar 11, 2008
    Despues de una buena victoria ante Ecuador , vamos por Brazil. Vamos Argentina !! Vamos a teñir de celeste y blanco el Metlife Stadium. A demostrarles a los Brazucas lo que significa aguante y quien manda como hinchada. VAMOS ARGENTINA !!!!!!

13. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Game will be on GolTV, and not on ESPN/ABC because of the Euros.

14. W.Lewin

W.Lewin Member

Aug 5, 2010
    The Brazil team that lost to Mexico: Is this the Olympic team training or is this the team preparing for the 2014 WC? If so, what older players are missing?

15. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It's mostly the Olympic team, but it's not that much of a stretch from their NT. It's similar to our 08 Olympic team.

Colombia up 1-0 in Lima.

16. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    These are Brazil's starters today:

Rafael, Danilo, Juan, Thiago Silva, Marcelo, Sandro, Rómulo, Óscar, Leandro Damiao, Hulk, Neymar

These were the starters at the WC quarterfinals:

Julio Cesar, Maicon, Lucio, Juan, Michel Bastos, Dani Alves, Felipe Melo, Silva, Kaka, Robinho, Luis Fabiano.

So, they are all different players. But not just because it's the Olympic team, but because Brazil is undergoing a generational change thinking of 2014.

After losing to Mexico they're going to come out all out against us.

17. CheCraig

CheCraig New Member

Jun 1, 2012
    This is not the side you'll see come world cup time. Cesar, Maicon, Alves (injury), Kaka, Luis and Robinho will be there in the lineup when it matters. What matters now is that Argentina wins the team on the field Saturday.

18. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Today Brazil dominated possession but Mexico played very disciplined and patiently defensively, frustrating Brazil's offense. I doubt our defense can pull off something like that if we let them have the ball. On the other hand, our offense is superior to Mexico's and they were able to exploit Brazil's defense at times, so our guys should get good chances.

19. Jordanmedwin

Jordanmedwin Member

Mar 22, 2011
    NJ
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    the hotel info is on the AFA.ORG.AR site their staying at the hotel infront of metlife stadium.
    im attending the practice thursday and going to the game saturday. when would be the best time to go and get autographs in the hotel like people did last year? there was a point where the NT came out and met with people and signed stuff. anyone know of anything yet? thank you!

cigar_city repped this.
  20. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Robinho,Kaka,Maicon,Cesar are all crap. They are nowhere near what they were 3 years ago. I would be more then glad if I see them at the WC in 2014, and starting.

21. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Likely where I should NOT be...
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    OT

Hey meathead ( in a loving way ;) ) are you a Kings fan? Or do you not care? They are playing very well, will thoroughly deserve the Stanley Cup.

Jordanmedwin repped this.
  22. Jordanmedwin

Jordanmedwin Member

Mar 22, 2011
    NJ
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    lets
    it isnt a hockey forum.. but im also watching as a rangers fan... lets go kings!
    anyone have ANY INFO OR IDEA ON HOTEL AND WHEN TO VISIT? THANKS

23. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Got into hockey a few years back when I moved here. Friend got me into it. Been to a ton of Kings games were dirt cheap(couple years back got suite tickets off the street for like 25 bucks lol), but I am somewhat against most the LA teams, hate on the Lakers, can careless about baseball, but Kings, I am starting to dislike them because all of a sudden all of these "fans" from nowhere are rooting for them(can't really stand that). But yeah, I watch hockey just don't like all the attention the Kings are getting from nowhere.

Tampa Bay won it a few years back,Stamkos is a hell of a player(Wasn't apart of that team, I don't think). St.Louis,LeCaviler(spelling, damn French Canadians).

24. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Likely where I should NOT be...
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    As a Lightning fan/season ticket holder, I'm not pullin for Jersey. F 'em.

If you're a Rangers fan, are you familiar with the City?
    If not, more than a few good hotels in Manhattan.
    The guy to hit up is THE Julio Grondona of Queens, NYCCosmos.

;)

NYC_COSMOS and Siempre_Albiceleste repped this.
  25. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    I'm sure Cosmos is thrilled with that one.

NYC_COSMOS repped this.