NEW YORK: ARGENTINA v BRAZIL June 9th!!!

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by NYC_COSMOS, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Banega needs to grow up, otherwise he is going to waste his undoubted talent (he also needs to remember to put the handbrake on when he filling his car with petrol). Pastore is a real talent with the potential to be one of the best players in the world, I genuinely believe he could be an Argentinian Kaka, I think moving to PSG has done him a lot of good. It's just a crying shame that Sabella can't find a role for him in the starting line up. The Sosa thing really does wind me up, the guy is not good enough for the NT but keeps getting picked, it must be getting to the stage where Sosa is embarassed about it, he must know that he's not up to international standard and his team mates do as well.

2. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It's a game we're playing in "The Beautiful Game" forum. Each round they give you a requirement to pick a player. For example, one round the requirement was to pick two players who wore the same number at the same world Cup. So on that round I picked Cruyff and Perfumo.

The catch is that if you pick the same player somebody else picked then that player becomes ineligible. You get three tries, and if you fail then they assign you a "sheep" (a player who meets the requirements but who isn't good) and you get stuck with him for your team. So what happens is that top players like Pele and Maradona most likely become ineligible because several drafters pick them. You have to look for players who are good but who you think the other drafters won't pick. I was lucky to get Cruyff, probably because it was a two-player round and there were few good matches for him and nobody else thought of Perfumo.

Here it explains it better:

https://www.bigsoccer.com/community/threads/sheep-draft-3-main-thread.1939463/

Then at the end you show your formation and a brief strategy and then all the participants rank all the teams to select a winner.

3. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

4. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Next time they start a game I'll give you a heads up.