New USSF Logo, New Ref Jerseys?

Discussion in 'Referee' started by Dayton Ref, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Bubba Atlanta

Bubba Atlanta Member+

Mar 2, 2012
    Yep, Atlanta
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    #1101 Bubba Atlanta, Jun 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
    Any kind of fairly recent-manufacture and reasonably lightweight black synthetic "wicking" material t-shirt works fine for me. (Same for hiking and fishing, BTW.)

This one from OSI (Item #2225CL) is fine if you want to stay reffy about it:

[​IMG]

And as much as I love my compression socks and undershorts, upper-body compression is not something I want to contemplate.

MetroFever repped this.
  2. tomek75

tomek75 Member+

Aug 13, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry,

I bought the Nike and Adidas in the outlet malls, other stuff I picked up at Marshals. I do know that I paid less than $10 for each. I'm cheep. I bought the Head shirts on Sierratradingpost.com for $5.50, I got one one in each color.

3. chwmy

chwmy Member+

Feb 27, 2010
    I call my compression shirts my "man spanx."

4. voiceoflg

voiceoflg Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    I can't do compression shirts. The largest I can find finds its way up above my navel by halftime. The "fitted" UA works best for me.

5. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Yeah, I hope no one actually wears their ref jersey without anything underneath? That's gross. :sick:

Who are the rocket scientists that thought putting in vents also in the long sleeved jersey was a great idea? I would not had a problem if they stayed with the circus tent-like material with the previous jersey for the new long sleeves. Now, you definitely need an extra layer underneath or something considerably heavier since you're basically wearing a glorified bib/pinnie in that weather.

Absolutely LOVE the short sleeve zipper version, but the whole purpose of putting on long sleeves is to keep you warm.

IASocFan and voiceoflg repped this.
  6. tomek75

tomek75 Member+

Aug 13, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No offence, but I have worn the short sleeve version only one time since February. This was this weekend during HS Finals and one of the observers was old school and didn't like it when I wore LS on the semi. I prefer LS over SS because it keeps the sun off my arms and I don't have to worry about putting Sun screen on them.

Dayton Ref repped this.
  7. camconcay

camconcay Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Feb 17, 2011
    Georgia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree the old style LS was very warm but I wore the new LS last week when it was HOT and really didn't bother me - more cover from the sun I guess but it wasn't uncomfortable at all (loaned my SS to the center so we could all wear new style)

8. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    That's the only silver lining I can see about it, regarding the protection from the sun. I wore short sleeves for my game two weeks ago, while my AR's wore long sleeves since they didn't want to put on sun screen (partly for the earlier discussion for fear of what it would do to the newer material).

I don't get the feeling they put the vents for that reason...maybe I'm wrong.

9. Vinnydabody

Vinnydabody Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    At long last, I got my Red and Blue medium OSIs at the BOGO price. Only took 3 months, although they were happy to keep my money until they shipped. :p

cinepro repped this.
  10. ptref

ptref Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Aug 5, 2015
    Bowling Green, KY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I called OSI last Monday. I explained to them that I had a USL coming up and that I needed a short sleeve blue jersey, size Large. (On the website, this shirt color/size is listed as Out of Stock.) After being placed on hold for a minute or two, the lady came back on the line and said that they had one for me. Received the jersey in the mail 3 days later.

cinepro and voiceoflg repped this.
  11. voiceoflg

voiceoflg Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    I bought a yellow and a green LS, and all five SS during the holiday sale. Finally took the last one out of the package this past weekend. I'd hate for all that money to not be used.

cinepro repped this.
  12. Schlager

Schlager Member

Dec 5, 2016

I just got the red Krown for Father's Day and noticed that the velcro patch is a little bit bigger than it should be. I will keep it, as it shouldn't really matter for the games I do if an 1/8" of black shows around the outside of my patch. It probably won't be noticeable. Anybody else see this on the Krown shirts??

13. cinepro

cinepro Member

Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    The velcro patches on both my yellow and red Krown shirts are 2.75" in diameter, and the USSF and AYSO badges are ~3", so it's fine for me.

14. Schlager

Schlager Member

Dec 5, 2016
    IMG_0097.JPG
    Very weird. My shirt is 3.25". You can see a little sliver of the Velcro around the patch, but it being black on black I will probably just go with it.
    IMG_0097.JPG

15. Spencedawgmillionaire

Mar 2, 2017
    Belleville, ILLLLLLLLINOIZE
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
  16. cinepro

cinepro Member

Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    #1116 cinepro, Sep 16, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    I haven't had time to post my comparison, but I got some shirts from this seller (yellow, blue and green) and they're all very good. I don't have an OSI green to compare the color to, you can see the green and blue in the picture. The material and construction appear to be identical to the OSI yellow that I have. The sizing is a tad bit bigger than the OSI (the OSI medium is very snug and fitted on me, but these are a little roomier; there appears to be a little less than an inch of extra width).

http://www.bonanza.com/listings/NEW-2018-Pro-Soccer-Referee-Shirt-Green-/470952396

[​IMG]

17. fairplayforlife

fairplayforlife Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They have a slightly different material. It's less jersey like and more like mesh all over. Hard to explain.

18. Vinnydabody

Vinnydabody Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    No side mesh?

19. Spencedawgmillionaire

Mar 2, 2017
    Belleville, ILLLLLLLLINOIZE
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Like this, from the eBay listing zoomed.

Side mesh, but also looks like a meshy type material all over.

Seems like it would feel cooler though, amirite?

How's the sizing on the final decision stuff?

Attached Files:

20. fairplayforlife

fairplayforlife Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That looks like it. Unfortunately I have only ever held one. I never tried it on. Sorry.

Spencedawgmillionaire repped this.
  21. jdmahoney

jdmahoney Member

Feb 28, 2017
    Plymouth, MN
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  22. camconcay

camconcay Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Feb 17, 2011
    Georgia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not required or really even an official color thus why it's not on official sports site. Pink has been available for many years and in my experience used for the awareness events.

23. RichM

RichM Member

Barcelona
    United States
    Nov 18, 2009
    Meridian, ID
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Many local referee crews wear the pink jerseys during October and a lot of local teams wear pink socks as well.

24. jdmahoney

jdmahoney Member

Feb 28, 2017
    Plymouth, MN
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Interesting, I didn't know that because I've never seen them around here or online.

25. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting combination of shirts today. I'm CR in a U13 girls game. AR1 shows up with a pin-stripe yellow score shirt. No AR2 yet, so I put out my wide stripe yellow. AR2 shows up a little later with the new yellow. I don't think anyone other than the three of us noticed the difference! I think it was the first time I had two female ARs; we also had one team with a female coach (not that unusual). The two visiting coaches and I were the only males other than about half the spectators.

mathguy ref repped this.