New USSF Logo, New Ref Jerseys?

Discussion in 'Referee' started by Dayton Ref, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Dayton Ref

Dayton Ref Member+

May 3, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Good thought. The greens were always terrible. I walked out once in green and our jerseys were 3 different hues.

cinepro repped this.
  2. fairplayforlife

fairplayforlife Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It will be interesting to see for sure. I somewhat understand the shades not matching on a few of the colors but the thing that confused me was that even the black jerseys didn't match between brands in the past. o_O

cinepro repped this.
  3. SOCCERREFEREE101

Aug 5, 2016
    The 2 jerseys I ordered from Fold a Goal are supposed to be here tomorrow. Hopefully in time for my games tomorrow evening. When I get a chance I will compare them with the OSI LS jerseys.

cinepro repped this.
  4. Bubba Atlanta

Bubba Atlanta Member+

Mar 2, 2012
    Yep, Atlanta
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    Anybody retiring their old-style (wide stripe pro) OSI's who would like to donate an XL short sleeve gold to the Bubba collection? Mine seems to have run afoul of a ballpoint pen in my bag in a big way, and I still need it for HS games for the foreseeable future. I'll pay shipping.

5. cmonref

cmonref Member

Oct 16, 2016
    Stillwater
    I have an extra shall. Get some good laughs from the parents.

6. voiceoflg

voiceoflg Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    I have a 3XL. Likewise would get good laughs from the parents.

7. Bubba Atlanta

Bubba Atlanta Member+

Mar 2, 2012
    Yep, Atlanta
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    Maybe if I sewed the two of them together it would be just right.

voiceoflg repped this.
  8. voiceoflg

voiceoflg Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    A small front and a 3XL back...and vice versa. That would work for the torso. Now the sleeves might be a bit difficult...

9. djmtxref

djmtxref Member

Apr 8, 2013
    This suggests to me that you think Bubba has a hump on his back and I picture Quasimodo on the pitch. That wasn't how I pictured him.

cmonref repped this.
  10. Bubba Atlanta

Bubba Atlanta Member+

Mar 2, 2012
    Yep, Atlanta
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    Uh ... the hump is on the front. :unsure:

jdmahoney, RefGil and voiceoflg repped this.
  11. SOCCERREFEREE101

Aug 5, 2016
    I finally got around to comparing the OSI and Fold a Goal jerseys. The red OSI jersey is a brighter red than the Fold a Goal. I would say the Fold a Goal is in between the old OSI red and new OSI red. As for the material, the Fold a Goal is a 100% polyester and is a course material(as someone stated above) but still feels light on the skin.

If you are looking for cheap color matching jerseys the Fold a Goal is not the best match for the red color.

I will post pictures when I get a chance.

cinepro repped this.
  12. Vinnydabody

Vinnydabody Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Winners Sportswear is getting into the game. They have the yellow version on Amazon (with mesh panels) for $26.95 (prime shipping available).

The front of their website shows the other colors but they aren't available yet. Some of the colors look a little suspect:

[​IMG]

cinepro repped this.
  13. kayakhorn

kayakhorn Member+

Oct 10, 2011
    Arkansas
    No kidding. If I were planning to make lower-cost versions of the jerseys, one of first the things I'd want to do is get samples of the originals and color match the fabrics.

Speaking of the originals, is Official Sports ever going to have the Pro jerseys back in stock? :mad:

14. SOCCERREFEREE101

Aug 5, 2016
    Authentic soccer online store is having a BOGO on the NEW OSI PRO JERSEYS. Just go to there website and type in at the search bar referee Jersey BOGO. I just ordered several.

Vinnydabody repped this.
  15. Spencedawgmillionaire

Mar 2, 2017
    Belleville, ILLLLLLLLINOIZE
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    I called and spoke to a rep a few weeks ago. She said it's best to place backorder order and wait. if you wait until they're in stock, it's gonna be a while. She also told me they have no idea when they will be in stock even for back order.

Friend of mine told me they were having supplier issues.

I hate the company. I'm a new ref, so needed everything. Overpiced, overpaid for shipping.

I don't like the low neckline of the econo shirt, but had no choice but to buy one. I guess I could have bought the old one from clearance, but ugh.

16. jdmahoney

jdmahoney Member

Feb 28, 2017
    Plymouth, MN
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I ordered the new economy jerseys (yellow, red, and green) from OSI, and although they are overpriced they are very nice jerseys. Very light and breathable, especially in comparison to the last style.

17. Vinnydabody

Vinnydabody Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Can you use it to get different colors? Looks like they're running the special for local clubs.

18. SOCCERREFEREE101

Aug 5, 2016
    Yes I ordered a black and blue. The only ones I did not have.

19. Schlager

Schlager Member

Dec 5, 2016
    Yup...I ordered two last night. The order went through on the website fine as a BOGO, but I just got an email from the company saying that they couldn't honor the sale because I wasn't a member of their local club. :mad:

20. SOCCERREFEREE101

Aug 5, 2016
    Mine went through and I am not a member of there club. And I did not receive an email.

21. Schlager

Schlager Member

Dec 5, 2016
    I strongly dislike you...

Just kidding. Maybe they just got smart, or maybe you just happen to live in the same area as their local soccer club and they thought you were a member. Who knows.

It was pretty obvious that I wasn't a member of their local club when I was asking them to ship 5 states away.

22. Vinnydabody

Vinnydabody Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Welp, I'll be waiting for that same email. :unsure:

23. SOCCERREFEREE101

Aug 5, 2016
    I am sorry to lead you guys on a chase like that. I just figured it worked for me why not share it. Anything to get OSI cheaper right;)

Schlager and Vinnydabody repped this.
  24. Spencedawgmillionaire

Mar 2, 2017
    Belleville, ILLLLLLLLINOIZE
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    I'm outfitting my 13-year-old twins as new refs as well as myself. How does the Score Sports line of shirts stack up? I've seen reviews elsewhere, but figured I'd ask here.

Thanks

25. Schlager

Schlager Member

Dec 5, 2016
    No worries, when I emailed them back and told them, "No I did not want them to change my free jersey into a full price jersey and charge my credit card," I also told them to take a closer look at all of your orders as well!! :thumbsup:

Just kidding, of course ;)