New USSF Logo, New Ref Jerseys?

Discussion in 'Referee' started by Dayton Ref, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Bubba Atlanta

Bubba Atlanta Member+

Mar 2, 2012
    Yep, Atlanta
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    I think I mentioned upthread that I sometimes wear a lightweight black goretex rain shell under my jersey for those cold wet windy winter high school games. I might have also mentioned my grief that REI stopped making that particular model, with its handy zip-off hood -- especially now that my old one is wearing out and getting leaky.

The good news is I've found a replacement, here. It's an even more lightweight and compact Marmot breathable rain shell. The hood doesn't zip off but it does roll up into the collar, and yes it has the all-important pit vents. I think it's going to work even better than the old one, and best of all, it's only $65.

camconcay repped this.
  2. GoDawgsGo

GoDawgsGo Member+

Nov 11, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not a bad suggestion. I've got a TNF rain fly that's grey that I could wear under if I wanted but it doesn't breathe at all. If it's cold and wet enough to wear that, I'd probably just wear the hood anyway

Have you tried nikwax to repair?

http://www.nikwax.com/en-us/index.php

Keeps all my shells and water proof stuff going for years. Have an LL Bean shell that's at least 15 years old and works perfect and an Eddie Bauer that's 20 years old that's also great. Use the detergent in wash and then spray on the treatment before dryer and magic!

3. Bubba Atlanta

Bubba Atlanta Member+

Mar 2, 2012
    Yep, Atlanta
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    Thanks for the tip on nikwax. I will try it on my other jackets (and waders). But that REI jacket was also delaminating, so for the heck of it I took it back to REI the other day and they gave me full credit for it.

4. mvgary

mvgary Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Connecticut: All State and emeritus referees as well as instructors and assessors get a copy of FIFA Laws mailed to them. We do offer advanced clinics (free to attend) and those attending receive a copy of the FIFA Laws (i.e. grade 7 or 8 referees).

5. Vinnydabody

Vinnydabody Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Looks like Fold-a-Goal has their own version of the new jerseys. Some guy on ebay is selling a limited number of them but not shipping until the second week of March. Hard to tell from the pics but I don't think these have the mesh side panels.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

cinepro repped this.
  6. Schlager

Schlager Member

Dec 5, 2016
    The description on the Fold-a-Goal website doesn't mention a mesh side panel, so I am guessing not. But with the zipper collar and velcro pockets for only $20, not to bad...if you live in a climate where you don't really need it the mesh.

I am surprised that more soccer outfits aren't jumping into the generic unifor game...I think it is just them and Score now.

7. WCNut

WCNut Member

Sep 17, 2016
    Arkansas
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Speaking of Score, they are now offering the two-stripe sock.

cinepro repped this.
  8. Vinnydabody

Vinnydabody Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Huh. I went to fold-a-goal's referee page from a google search (http://www.fold-a-goal.com/products.asp?dept=10) and only saw the old style jerseys. But if you go to fold-a-goal.com and navigate to soccer referees (http://www.fold-a-goal.com/departments.asp?dept=10) you see the new ones. Shipping is ridiculous.

9. Bubba Atlanta

Bubba Atlanta Member+

Mar 2, 2012
    Yep, Atlanta
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    Funny that they spelled their own name wrong on the tag. Or is that a knock-off of a knock-off? (A knock-knock-off?)

cinepro and chwmy repped this.
  10. Schlager

Schlager Member

Dec 5, 2016
    Humph....I just saw the $20 per shirt, which is pretty good (cheaper than the ebay auction). I didn't go through and pretend to check out and see the $10 to ship it via the USPS. If you buy three shirts, shipping goes up to $20 for me.

11. cmonref

cmonref Member

Oct 16, 2016
    Stillwater
    Jason sholl from proreferee.com is also getting into the referee uniform manufacturing business.

12. SOCCERREFEREE101

Aug 5, 2016
    Protime sports wear has their own version available too.

13. Vinnydabody

Vinnydabody Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Holy cow, estimated $20 UPS shipping on a $22 jersey!

I'm wondering if Protime is just using the fold-a-goal jerseys.

14. chwmy

chwmy Member+

Feb 27, 2010
    I think that one is meant for peewee polo referees...

cinepro repped this.
  15. Bubba Atlanta

Bubba Atlanta Member+

Mar 2, 2012
    Yep, Atlanta
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
  16. SOCCERREFEREE101

Aug 5, 2016
    I am considering purchasing one of these other brands and doing a color comparison with my new red and yellow OSI jerseys. Any ideas on which brand would be the best?

17. cmonref

cmonref Member

Oct 16, 2016
    Stillwater
    Are any of them actually out yet. I think everything is still on preorder.

18. SOCCERREFEREE101

Aug 5, 2016
    I believe that Protime sports is currently available. Both Score and Fold a Goal come out in March

19. SOCCERREFEREE101

Aug 5, 2016
    #919 SOCCERREFEREE101, Feb 17, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    I don't know where you guys live but the Fold a goal shipping to my area says 5.95 for 2 jerseys. I also just talked to a sales representative from Fold a Goal and she said there jerseys are available for purchase right now and will ship a soon as possible.

20. Schlager

Schlager Member

Dec 5, 2016
    I live near DC, which is about as far away from their LA offices as you can get. But, it still doesn't make sense to double the shipping for two extra jerseys. I am pretty sure you can shove three shirts into a flat rate box for $12.

Free shipping is awesome; but I don't mind paying for shipping. I hate it when companies make money off of shipping....

21. cmonref

cmonref Member

Oct 16, 2016
    Stillwater
    OSI is a bad offender of this.

22. voiceoflg

voiceoflg Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    Good thing I didn't get rid of my old jerseys yet. Tomorrow we are being requested to wear matching styles and matching sleeve lengths. If two of my crewmates only have old LS yellow, I am screwed.

23. Vinnydabody

Vinnydabody Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I was at the Midwest AYSO Expo in Chicago this weekend. Score and Fold-a-Goal were both there with their new ref jerseys so I did a quick comparison:

[​IMG]

The Score version feels a lot like the OSI version; the material in the Fold-a-Goal version feels a bit coarser and heavier. Score's premium version has the side panel vents:

[​IMG]

Fold-a-Goal is solid across the sides, as we suspected from the previous pics:

[​IMG]

If I had been thinking I would have brought my OSI jersey with me. Oh well.

cinepro repped this.
  24. SOCCERREFEREE101

Aug 5, 2016
    I order 2 jerseys from Fold-a-Goal over the weekend and I received an email today saying they have shipped. I plan on comparing these to my LS OSI jerseys.

25. Schlager

Schlager Member

Dec 5, 2016
    The Fold-a-Goal and the Score look like a pretty good color match based to each other on the pictures (for yellow at least). It will be interesting to see how well they match the official OSI color(s).