New USSF Logo, New Ref Jerseys?

Discussion in 'Referee' started by Dayton Ref, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Dayton Ref

Dayton Ref Member+

May 3, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    US Soccer has removed the logo from their media accounts and teased that a new logo is coming on twitter. Does anyone know, now that I've started buying jerseys that fit again, if there will be a new sleeve logo?

2. That Cherokee

That Cherokee Member

Mar 11, 2014
    Stillwater, Oklahoma
    At DA the OSI representative told the refs the shirt designs weren't going to change. At the same time OSI is not known to be honest in these situations till a public announcement of a change by ussf.

AlextheRef and uvasoccer repped this.
  3. Law5

Law5 Member+

Mar 24, 2005
    Beaverton OR
    I was told by a National Board of Directors member last year about the logo changing. "Rebranding." In fact, I think someone even posted a trial balloon version of one, although it got panned by the posters here. YMMV, but I'm not terribly concerned about having the old logo on my sleeve. The referee uniform is determined by the National Board of Directors, not the Referee Department or the Referee Committee. Remember that OSI is the "official supplier" to USSF but they do not have a monopoly on referee uniforms.[cue discussion of how cheesy people feel this or that manufacturer's garments are.]

4. chwmy

chwmy Member+

Feb 27, 2010
    Really it's [cue discussion on why new refs are told to get the official sports stuff if they want to be taken seriously.]

I doubt any osi rep is going to say anything about new design until they've sold out of their existing stock of current jerseys.

That Cherokee repped this.
  5. MrPerfectNot

MrPerfectNot Member+

Jul 9, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And see, now I was about to replace a couple of shirts but don't want to be the last guy to buy current design and have a new design introduced tomorrow!

First world problems.

6. bhooks

bhooks Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  7. Pittsburgh Ref

Pittsburgh Ref Member+

Oct 7, 2014
    da 'Burgh
    Presumably the Muckety-Muck tier of the Supporters Club got these. Looks like that program is transitioning to a new thingy in March so currently signups are not being taken.

8. Law5

Law5 Member+

Mar 24, 2005
    Beaverton OR
    I'm not going this year, but I suspect those receiving the packages are delegates to the USSF Annual General Meeting in March.

9. Law5

Law5 Member+

Mar 24, 2005
    Beaverton OR
    Did someone forget to mention to the designer that we're a soccer group? No reference in this crest to soccer or the name of the organization it supposedly represents.

And, around here, "USA" refers to the Unified Sewerage Agency. USA! USA!! USA!!!

10. Pittsburgh Ref

Pittsburgh Ref Member+

Oct 7, 2014
    da 'Burgh
    Uninspired Soccer Aegis

11. Raider025

Raider025 Member

May 13, 2015
    The new logo is... uninspiring to me. It looks so bland and unoriginal. Whoever designed this clearly forgot that USSF is a soccer organization.

Law5, RespectTheGame and HoustonRef repped this.
  12. DWickham

DWickham Member

Dec 26, 2003
    San Diego
    The NY Times reported today that the USSF's marketing campaign relies heavily on non-traditional media and PR strategy. (Ironic that it is reported by traditional media). According to the article, "8,000 registered club supporters as well as an additional 2,000 development academy players and other soccer fans across the country" received the packages.

13. dfport7

dfport7 Member

Sep 16, 2002
    NJ USA
  14. That Cherokee

That Cherokee Member

Mar 11, 2014
    Stillwater, Oklahoma
  15. Pittsburgh Ref

Pittsburgh Ref Member+

Oct 7, 2014
    da 'Burgh
  16. bhooks

bhooks Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I'd say its highly possible that this was just for the new PRO uniforms since this meeting took place back in September, however it could be that this logo change was a long time coming and along with it new uniforms for referees at all other levels.

17. Bubba Atlanta

Bubba Atlanta Member+

Mar 2, 2012
    Yep, Atlanta
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    I believe I'll retire before I buy a bunch of damn new jerseys. :mad:

18. That Cherokee

That Cherokee Member

Mar 11, 2014
    Stillwater, Oklahoma
    It's not gonna happen, but they switched manufacturers to an actual clothing company(for example: Adidas Nike puma) I could get behind it.

19. Slaskwroclaw18

Jun 26, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would say since these are minutes for a US Soccer meeting, this is indication for new uniforms for the non-PRO referees. I would believe PRO would not have to consult with US Soccer in terms of uniform design just because they are kind of their own entity and that they just use the latest Adidas kits anyway so

20. camconcay

camconcay Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Feb 17, 2011
    Georgia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And again, why keep this a secret. OSI has the contract, I get they don't WANT to be stuck with old inventory but neither do I. OSI benefit from the sales of the new ones so they should have to eat the old ones. I just replaced all my long sleeved economy jerseys with the "pro" version from OSI and I need to replace 2 short sleeved ones but now I am waiting for who knows how long.

Just tell us, please...

21. Bubba Atlanta

Bubba Atlanta Member+

Mar 2, 2012
    Yep, Atlanta
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    No, don't tell us!

22. chaoslord08

chaoslord08 Member

Dec 24, 2006
    Fayetteville AR