NEW USMNT KITS & CREST

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Lucho305, Feb 6, 2016.

1. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the Waldos will never get old! Still my favorite.

I think this blue and red hooped shirt is a 1-off, special for just the Gold Cup. Sort of like a 3rd kit. I think the white top is still our primary and when we're the 'away' team we might still need to wear it at the Gold Cup.

Looking at the schedule, I think we're home the first two Gold Cup group stage matches v Panama and Martinique, then away to Nicaragua who plays in all blue. So we may have to switch kits for that 3rd group stage match.

For the World Cup I'm guessing we'll be back to a predominately white 'home' kit and who knows for the 'away' kit. They gave us the Bomb Pops in '14 (which I loved then and still love), so anything is possible from Nike for the 2nd kit.

2. ATLfirefan

ATLfirefan Member

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 8, 2005
    Norcross, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is a uniform designed for one tournament, possibly six matches. Don't get your panties in a wad for something so temporary.

Positives:
    It looks American.
    Stars and stripes.
    Appropriate color scheme.
    Not basic.

Negatives:
    People still complain.

Semblance17 repped this.
  3. USOutlaw16

USOutlaw16 Member+

Green Bay Voyageurs
    United States
    Jan 22, 2011
    On the Gringo Wall of Shame
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm getting this day one.

I get the feeling Nike will officially unveil this either later this week or early next week, then debut it on July 1st vs. Ghana.

Get the feeling Nike will want to have these in stores in time for people to get them by 4th of July

Semblance17 and ATLfirefan repped this.
  4. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope they come out soon, I'm pulling the trigger the instant they're available.

5. USOutlaw16

USOutlaw16 Member+

Green Bay Voyageurs
    United States
    Jan 22, 2011
    On the Gringo Wall of Shame
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I plan on getting a Besler one the moment they go on sale

6. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I've stopped trying to predict what we wear in the Gold Cup. Remember 2011 when we wore the red 3rd kit until until the final when we switched to white for some reason?

7. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    FIFA's demands for a monochrome look have been a problem. At least Germany seems to be bringing back their White/black/white look so there's hope.

SOCCERMARINE repped this.
  8. salvikicks

salvikicks Member+

Mar 6, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It'll probably grow on me but sometimes less is more, the centennial kit was one of the best.

9. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Either a good somewhat minimalist or simple look like the '98s or the Centennials, or something completely over the top like these or the Bomb Pops are the way to go. My least favorite is where it's somewhere in between like the 02s or the '10s.

Three and Three repped this.
  10. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Argentina brought back their black shorts in the last friendly as well.

CMeszt and Three and Three repped this.
  11. Three and Three

Three and Three Member+

Sep 13, 2015
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Give me the austere look. But I love your post.

12. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like them a lot. They have zest, they feature the main colors and aspects of the flag prominently but naturally, and it doesn't look like there's a backup attached. So they're good with me. Pick up a replica yourself, today.

13. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The ever reliable Footy Headlines has more info on the Gold Cup kits, with a new red t-shirt leaked. It looks like the theme of the Gold Cup for our kits is stars...big prominent stars and a lot of them.

There's also a really interesting statement in the article: "It is likely that Nike will not release a traditional replica version of the new USA Gold Cup shirt. So there will be only two different shirts very likely - The Nike USA 2017 Vapor Match home kit (150 USD) and the Nike USA 2017 Tee (45 USD)."

The "Match" jerseys fit really tight especially around the mid-section, you need to be pretty fit/thin to wear it. A lot of fans only fit in the "Stadium" version which has a much more roomy cut. Also, I've found the match version runs a size smaller, so if you normally wear a Large you may need an XL.

http://www.footyheadlines.com/2017/06/nike-usa-2017-gold-cup-shirts.html

HomietheClown repped this.
  14. atomicskiracer

Jun 1, 2006
    Virginia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like July 1 release, which is surprising as These would have been great I have before July 4th.

I also would be shocked if these really are Authentic only.

15. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The first match is 8 July, so that's probably the date the release is based on. As for authentic only, I agree. Obviously, a big point (probably 'the' point) of the constantly rotating jersey designs (by every team, not just USA) is to sell jerseys and make money, which they do a lot of. Just taking a look around at the supporters at a typical game, I'd say well less than half the guys there would look even reasonably good in an authentic fit (I'm probably being generous by saying half), and a lot couldn't even get one on. But it's just a rumor...but then again it seems that this source is always right.

16. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

Inter Miami CF, Junior de Barranquilla
    United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so wait there are no stars on the shirt except on the shoulders? there are two different leaks one has the very faint stars and the one in the link doesnt have any except the white ones on the shoulders

17. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that's the difference between the t-shirt and the jersey. They jersey has the subtle stars in the blue stripes, the t-shirt doesn't. That's according to the rumors/leaks.

Lucho305 repped this.
  18. schlomo

schlomo Red Card

F.C. Dallas
    United States
    Apr 6, 2017
    Great looking kit. Im very tempted.

19. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
  20. Sebsasour

Sebsasour Member+

New Mexico United
    May 26, 2012
    Albuquerque NM
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The blue one looked okay, but I'm not a big fan of this

21. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it's loud and brash...very American! I sort of like it. The blue is not as obnoxious.

22. ATLfirefan

ATLfirefan Member

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 8, 2005
    Norcross, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.footyheadlines.com/2017/...ase-no-replica-usa-2017-gold-cup-kit.html?m=1

Looks like Nike will only release authentic kits. I know some will not like this, but as this kit is only for the Gold Cup, I can see why this decision was made.

They are releasing a replica 100% polyester dri-fit tshirt for those who don't want a real uniform.

[​IMG]

All in all, I'm really happy with the Nike designs. Yes, they are over the top, but they look American and that is what we have been missing since 2014.

23. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    They look American?

Meh. They look like they were designed by a twelve year old American trying too hard.:p

24. schlomo

schlomo Red Card

F.C. Dallas
    United States
    Apr 6, 2017
    Theyre going to look fantastic on the field.

25. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    The difference in size with nike isn't as pronounced as with adidas, where "the authentic" shirts are a true size small (I wear a M in a replica and a L in authentic). Nike is about a half size difference, so sometimes it's a little tougher. I tried on both at Niketown in Chicago this week and it's a little snug but I still think the M fits me better than the L.