New USA Logo before 2014 WC/Petition

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by RGRAY55, Apr 17, 2012.

1. RGRAY55

RGRAY55 Member

Philadelphia Union
    Apr 10, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With the arrival of the new USA kits I have come to realize my problem has never actually been with the kits the USMNT wears. IT is with the LOGO they wear. I won't buy anything that has it .

Why don't we as a collective internet whole start a well organize list of what should be included in correction, then a petition, and we can start to pester Nike to change before the 2014 World Cup in Brazil. I seriously think this could and should be done.

What are everyone's thoughts?

2. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why would you pester Nike to change? It isn't their logo, they are just incorporating the USSF logo onto the shirt.

I don't get what is so bad about the logo but understand there are people that don't like it. Need to understand that the logo represents a soccer federation that is involved in much, much more than just the USMNT.

3. Gamecock14

Gamecock14 Member+

May 27, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    IMO the logo was fine. It was made during a time period in which the AAU no longer controlled a lot of the US sports and the very generic AAU logo was slapped on all American teams from the 1950 World Cup to Olympics. The new logo since 1995 has reflected one of the last cartoonized logos of the era.

The US basketball Association just changed their logo to commerorate 20 years from the Dream Team. They last changed before the Dream team.

I would not mind going back from the USSF to the USFA (United States Football Association), though it probably will cause quite a bit of confusion.

4. morange92

morange92 Member+

Jan 30, 2012
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sorry i get too distracted by the ronald mcdonald hoops to even notice the logo

5. sav19

sav19 Member

Jul 5, 2005
    I think maybe we should get together a bunch of designs here from us fans, get the best ones an perhaps send them to the Nike/ussoccer creative team (after we get enough attention to make a change possible) and let them get the best elements of those logos and make something that truly represents us soccer.

For example here's one I did a while back
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

soccersubjectively and Marko72 repped this.
  6. RGRAY55

RGRAY55 Member

Philadelphia Union
    Apr 10, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I agree with you. I like your logo design. However, I think we should stick to using an Eagle or something from the USA crest. A shield with stripes and stars.

As much as the snake is a cool design, but the union, and the tea party connections should be avoided.

For me at the very least if Nike/ USSF, whoever is in charge, should change the stripes on the current crest to red. That is the quick fix!

7. sav19

sav19 Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Yeah I agree, there is absolutely no excuse for the blue stripes. I also think the bouncing ball looks terrible. I think just using a white crest at all times would work, kinda how Frances appears on the Nike kits.

8. Cool Hand Luke

Cool Hand Luke Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Austin Texas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Never was a fan of the cartoonish rocket ball

9. crparke

crparke Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly when you compare it to most other countries logos the USSF logo isn't terrible. It's actually a pretty sharp design in and of itself. I think they just need to invert the colors to match the flag.

10. sav19

sav19 Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Yeah I like the symbolism of the eagle but I just think too many teams use it. And I really really dislike the two colored beveled stars. Unnecessary. I think eat bothers me most about our logo is that they just got I guess a wordmark, a very 90s one at that, and put it inside a badge to make it look legit.

11. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm use to the logo.

Don't really want it to change.

12. blazindw

blazindw Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you have to change the crest, just change it to a modern version of the ones found on our 1950 jerseys:
    [​IMG]

YankBastard repped this.
  13. Vandervaart

Vandervaart Member

May 21, 2003
    London
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    This crest looks great, why change it?

14. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It look too old so no thanks they should just keep the crest the way it is.

15. morange92

morange92 Member+

Jan 30, 2012
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i dunno im not really all that concerned about the rest... honestly i don't even mind the logo we have right now

16. blazindw

blazindw Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You don't have to...I don't mind the current logo either, but if we're going to change to anything, it should be the old one.

17. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    I think we should change to this one:

[​IMG]

18. kba4life

kba4life Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Claremont, California
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not a fan of the current crest at all. Change is needed

19. Grumpy in LA

Grumpy in LA Bringing It Since 1807™

Sep 10, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's good, but it really should say, "Try and stop us, mother********ers." You know--for class.

TerminusFooty and Antique repped this.
  20. crparke

crparke Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's the shield with the colors inverted and the shadow on the stars removed. I think it would be an improvement.

[​IMG]

Wessoman repped this.
  21. sav19

sav19 Member

Jul 5, 2005
    with a few tweaks, just a few, that would work just fine.

22. RGRAY55

RGRAY55 Member

Philadelphia Union
    Apr 10, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That looks great! Why don't you try it with putting in 50 stars up top? Might be too small or 5 (1 =10 states). What do you think of getting rid of the ball and putting in USA. At the max this is all that could be done easily!

23. Master O

Master O Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wasn't that from the episode of the Simpsons where they go to Brazil?

24. DirtyStriker

DirtyStriker Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Basehor, KS
    Pretty much what I always wanted it to look like, only change I would make is take away the shooting star effect on the ball.