New USA Kits 2

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by GunnerDawg, Sep 21, 2011.

1. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree 100%, for the home/primary jersey. I'd love for it to be the Waldo. Distinctive, nobody else wears it (national teams anyway), and I think it looks great. USSF/Nike can rotate the Away/second and third jerseys all they want, like most teams do.

Marko72 and Kot Matroskin repped this.
  2. CTS26

CTS26 Member

LAFC
    United States
    May 26, 2008
    Kannapolis
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    upload_2015-7-25_0-18-2.jpeg

upload_2015-7-25_0-18-27.jpeg

I'm fine with these two as our regular Home and Away kits from here on, it's one of the few times that we are actually recognized as the USA or USMNT.

Marko72, chris4usa and Kot Matroskin repped this.
  3. matbluvenger

matbluvenger Member+

Reno 1868
    United States
    Aug 2, 2010
    Reno, NV
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Make the Centennial kit a special third and I'd be happy with us sticking to that lineup for eternity.

CTS26 and Kot Matroskin repped this.
  4. Kot Matroskin

Kot Matroskin Member+

Aug 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Yes to all the above!

CTS26 repped this.
  5. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    like I'd said I'd love to have the Waldo as our permanent home jersey....but I never liked any of the sashed ones. I'd rather they changed out the away/second jersey every year with all kinds of different designs and color schemes. I think most national teams, even the ones with the most iconic/traditional home jerseys, have completely different second/away jerseys year to year or World Cup to World Cup. For example, Germany always has white for their home jersey, but recently they've had all red (2006), all black (2010) and in 2014 a red and black horizontally striped (hoops) version for their away/second jersey.

Marko72 and CTS26 repped this.
  6. rgli13

rgli13 Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Quentin, Piffy187, Zinkoff and 5 others repped this.
  7. kickingdead

kickingdead Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is not enough $ in that strategy.

8. matbluvenger

matbluvenger Member+

Reno 1868
    United States
    Aug 2, 2010
    Reno, NV
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tell that to the FAs that don't change their style but instead make minor tweaks here and there.

Marko72 repped this.
  9. matbluvenger

matbluvenger Member+

Reno 1868
    United States
    Aug 2, 2010
    Reno, NV
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't really know. The point of my post wasn't that I think it should be changed. I was using other FAs sticking to a theme as an example.

10. matbluvenger

matbluvenger Member+

Reno 1868
    United States
    Aug 2, 2010
    Reno, NV
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait two years. USSF will completely change the look by then, as they always do

11. Kot Matroskin

Kot Matroskin Member+

Aug 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    I just wonder if it's the USSF or Nike (or whoever has the contract at the time) who really pushes these designs. Both collaborate on the decision, of course, but I just feel that the USSF basically does what Nike says in this regard as long as there is the promise of increased profit from jersey sales.

Other FA's do it, too, but they seem to be less inclined to allow major changes in the redesigns, and kind of stick to tweaking a traditional look, rather than a wholesale change.

Marko72 and chris4usa repped this.
  12. matbluvenger

matbluvenger Member+

Reno 1868
    United States
    Aug 2, 2010
    Reno, NV
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup that's what I was talking about.

13. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that's true of the primary home jersey, but not the second/away jersey and definitely not true of any third jersey. Even the most traditional and iconic national teams have completely different second/away jerseys from year to year. Maybe they tend to use the same 2 or 3 colors, but they can be very different.

I would like for the US to decide on one primary/home color scheme. I'd prefer something distinctive and unique with red, white and/or blue.

As for the second/away jersey, let Nike and USSF do something different every year like they do now. Most (if not all) teams, even the big traditional ones, don't have the same color second/away jersey every year and neither should we.

14. matbluvenger

matbluvenger Member+

Reno 1868
    United States
    Aug 2, 2010
    Reno, NV
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well sure, it's the primaries that typically stay traditional. If I had to pick, stick with the Waldos

PabloSanDiego and Kot Matroskin repped this.
  15. GunnerDawg

GunnerDawg Member

Oct 1, 2009
    Virginia, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]
    This is the new nike England training top. I could see Nike doing something like this for a U.S. Kit. It's kind of a faux Wald jersey. That said this kind of hurts my eyes to look at

16. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    hahaha, the US deserve a jersey that hideous. The only thing that would make it better is if it were lined with beaver pelt. Hideous.

felloveranddidanadu repped this.
  17. kickingdead

kickingdead Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wanted the waldos back, but not like this. I hope this sticks to forever being an England training top and they do not try to use this for USA too.

18. 21st Century Pele

Apr 16, 2014
    I'll take the waldo with the blue shoulders one of the posters on here put together before the world cup as the away and the centennial as the home. Mix and match Red, White, or Blue shorts as you prefer, and do whatever you want with the third kit (although no text book black and white with yellow highlighter on the socks please)

19. Agoos'd

Agoos'd Red Card

Jun 10, 2015
    Primary: Waldo
    Secondary: Centennial
    Tertiary: some use of blue and the sash

It would be nice if we could stick with the Waldo. It would give us an international identity.

Kot Matroskin and CTS26 repped this.
  20. Marko72

Marko72 Member+

Aug 30, 2005
    New York
    Apart from the faded sashes and the weird collar on the away shirt, this was probably our best one-two we've had in a long while, by my tastes anyway. (I know a lot of people prefer the 2006 WC kits. I am not one of those people.)

CTS26 repped this.
  21. Marko72

Marko72 Member+

Aug 30, 2005
    New York
    The Waldo was the closest to really feeling like an "identity" in the way that the orange kits (no matter how they're redesigned in any given kit) so immediately scream "Holland" or similarly the yellow kits with blue shorts (again, no matter how they're specifically redesigned in any given year) immediately announce to the world that Brazil is in town.

I liked the Centennial and I also liked the 2012 away kits but with reservations.

Essentially, the one that in my opinion ought to be relatively sacrosanct is the primary kit. Most traditional powers have one that they essentially stick to as it's their identity. For marketing purposes, though, the secondary and tertiary kits are essentially fair game for radically changing from one year or competition or cycle to the next. Germany's primary is pretty much always going to be a white jersey with black shorts and almost definitely with the Adidas 3 stripes (can't imagine that Nike or Puma will ever actually win that contract), with or without anything graphic on the shirt, but in any given year their second kits could be red or green or black-and-gold or whatever.

CTS26, Kot Matroskin and PabloSanDiego repped this.
  22. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm with you all the way. I'd love for the Waldo to become our primary home shirt with blue shorts and slight year to year variations. I want anyone turning on the TV anywhere in the world to know within 3 seconds that the USA is playing. And as far as I know, there are no major national sides that have the red and white hoops. I know there are tons of fans of the Centennial, but I've always found it to be too boring to use every year. I admit it's a classy kit though.

Let the Nike designers go wild with the second kit but keep it using primarily red, white and blue. There's plenty of options to change it every year. This is pretty much what they've been doing.

As for the third kit, go completely wild with whatever colors, patterns and styles they want to use. 3rd kit is mostly for gear sales anyway, or maybe for either a special or even unimportant match. Even if they want to use their Volt Yellow or whatever they called the fluorescent colors on the WNT's WC kit, go for it on the 3rd kit. Nike can do some pretty cool stuff, let the designers loose.

Marko72 and Kot Matroskin repped this.
  23. Pseudonym

Pseudonym Member

Nov 23, 2007
    But then we'd look like the Japanese rugby team!

[​IMG]

24. matbluvenger

matbluvenger Member+

Reno 1868
    United States
    Aug 2, 2010
    Reno, NV
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nah they're just copying our stellar Waldos.

On a side note, in that photo it looks like that very large Japanese gentleman is in the process of laying the SA dude the ******** out with an elbow to the face.

25. GunnerDawg

GunnerDawg Member

Oct 1, 2009
    Virginia, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to footy headlines next cycles USA home kits will be Black with red and blue details