New USA Kits 2

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by GunnerDawg, Sep 21, 2011.

1. GunnerDawg

GunnerDawg Member

Oct 1, 2009
    Virginia, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone know when the new USA Men's kits come out. I know we are getting new kits in 2012 but does anyone have any idea when they will be released?

Also what would everyone like to see done with the new kits. I know some like it but im over the sash. Do we stick with 3 jerseys or do we only have 2 for the next cycle?

2. leppercut

leppercut Member+

Oct 10, 2006
    SLC and Anchorage
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: New USA Kits

probably a couple weeks before qualifying

3. ClevelandForce

Jan 27, 2010

I can't find the link, but the head of the Nike design team said they're going to stick with the sash. Unfortunately.

They might want to actually make it look kinda cool this time, instead of the extra thick sash we currently have. But that's just a thought.

4. GunnerDawg

GunnerDawg Member

Oct 1, 2009
    Virginia, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I think the sash will get old quick if we stick with it every cycle. That said if they make it look half decent ill be ok with it again. Id prefer the horizontal stripes weve had on some past jerseys. I just Nike comes up with something decent.

5. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yeah, the sash never had any historical significance to me (who cares about 1950). Horizontal stripes, however, DO have actual historical significance.

6. Stevo206

Stevo206 Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I can't be the only one who likes the sash...

7. EXALIFTIN

EXALIFTIN Member+

Nov 23, 2010
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You're not

8. 00Kevin

00Kevin Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    SoCal
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I like the sash, i think it's a part of our history and something that we can use to distinguish ourselves from other countries: so many teams have all white uniforms, new zealand are even called the all whites. white with blue shorts exist also exist (england). the sash is remembered for the england game in brazil 50, it always seemed to me that we brought the sash back (though off colored) in 2010 as a prelude to 2014. uniforms i would like for 2014:

Primary - white shirt with red sash, blue shorts, white socks (world cup in brazil, there is no way this is not the primary)

Secondary - red or blue, whatever! but i would prefer a unique design for the 2nd jersey rather than going all sashes. perhaps bringing back something like the 1995/2006 secondaries

9. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida

Was that recently? I only remember reading that they were thinking of keeping it so as to finally establish an identity for the team's jerseys.

10. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida

I like it, too. It would be nice to finally establish an identity.

11. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida

2006 aways were one of the worst in recent memory, IMO.

Also, no way the team uses a red sash. That's Peru's thing.

12. soccerusa517

soccerusa517 Member+

Jun 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

please make the home: white shirt/navy shorts/white socks like it should be.

none of this all white crap

the away, 3rd kit $$ can be whatever

13. GiallorossiYank

GiallorossiYank Member+

Jan 20, 2011
    NJ/Roma/Napoli
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I know I'm not the MAJOR majority, but I like the 2010 white kits better than the 2007-on one.

14. Wessoman

Wessoman Member+

Sep 26, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I too think the white kits need a major overhaul. I like the 2006-era white kits but I would prefer the classic blue short with it with white socks.

I do like the red sash "DTOM" kit, and that design should be kept. I kinda like the blue kit with the white sash, but I think a sharper 3rd kit would be a charcoal kit with a red sash, with charcoal shorts and red socks.

15. ChocolateCandy

ChocolateCandy Member+

Real Madrid
    Jul 23, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'd like to see something like this...

Home:
    [​IMG]

Away:
    [​IMG]

Third:
    [​IMG]

16. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I don't like the sash. I still don't get why it's so significant.

17. El Duderino

El Duderino Member

Nov 29, 2006

If the sash isn't historical, what is, and why? Enlighten us please.

18. ArkUnited

ArkUnited Member

Jul 2, 2009
    Fayetteville, AR
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Im okay with the sash, i wish we would go similar to the DTOM jerseys, but white with a red and blue sash, and change it up for the away kit, maybe red with white horizontal pinstripes similar to the ones on the home kits we wore at the confederations cup? just a thought.

19. GunnerDawg

GunnerDawg Member

Oct 1, 2009
    Virginia, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I dont mind a sash on 1 kit, but please can we not get it on all 3, the duplicate kit in 3 colors was disappointing. If we go sash i much prefer the blue and white sash on the red jersey above then the ones we had on this cycle. I also agree that the all white was way to bland. I would like for the white kits to have blue and red heavily included in the design.

20. Pinowski AP

Pinowski AP Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I like the sash, but only when it's clearly discernable...No more "ghost" sashes, please.

1956: [​IMG]

21. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Who cares about 1950? US fans with a sense of history.

Naaaaah, that couldn't be it.

22. CTS26

CTS26 Member

LAFC
    United States
    May 26, 2008
    Kannapolis
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well Kilnsi did say that he would prefur the USMNT to wear Red as there home colors and Navy Blue as there vistors, hence why the US was always wearing there Red kits instead of wearing there all white home kits.

He said something about the red color tends to mess with your opponent's mind or something like that. Anyway I say the US ditch the white kits permenantly and use the either Red or Navy Blue as our home kits.

White to me tends to give the impression of you either surrendering or giving up. While Red and Navy Blue tends to give off that "I'm not a person you wanna f_ck with" impression. :cool:

Just my opinion guys no need for neg reps.:)

23. Ganapper

Ganapper Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Denim has "historical significance" too and I would never want to go back to this.
    [​IMG]

24. ClevelandForce

Jan 27, 2010

Personally, in retrospect I consider those denim jerseys to be bad-ass in a "we don't give a **** if you think they're garish, we're the ****ing USA and we'll do what we want" kinda way. Certainly they fit the Wild West mentality of that rag-tag group of players in '94.

25. ClevelandForce

Jan 27, 2010

http://usasoccerstud.com/like-it-or...e-signature-look-of-u-s-national-soccer-team/

The importance of that game in 1950 is way overplayed. First of all, no one actually "remembers" that game (OK, maybe the 0.0001% of our fans who were around then AND cared about it at the time), so it wasn't really a watershed moment for the US team and its fans. Second, we didn't even advance out of our group in that World Cup, and had a pretty dismal record in the other group games. Third, we've had much, much more memorable victories in living memory that we can hearken back to.