New US uniform - what will it be?

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by gunnersbluescardinal, Sep 28, 2005.

1. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    I think we should wear taupe, or line greem, or fushia...

Anyone like eggs?

The Magpie

2. soccerelvis

soccerelvis Member

Apr 29, 2004
    Jacksonville FL
    Club:
    Preston North End FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I vote for tie-dye

Elvis

3. Ultra Peanut

Ultra Peanut New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    Achewood
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lime green and fuchsia together!

4. kinstlinger

kinstlinger Member

Jun 20, 2002
    Baltimore
  5. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    haha the logo looks so tiny compared to the new jersey. No wonder Nike didnt want to unveil the jerseys before the holiday season . Its been like five days , and there are knock offs already .

6. Toejam Football

Toejam Football New Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Columbus,OH

If red is fundamentally un-American, why was it included on our flag? FYI, our flag's history goes back to 1777, which predates communism.

It is my understanding that the colour red represents the shedding of blood, and blood can be shed for the defence of ANY cause.

7. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    As kids we used to hear that, too.

http://www.americans.net/FlagColors.htm

From the book "Our Flag" published in 1989 by the House of Representatives...

"On July 4, 1776, the Continental Congress passed a resolution authorizing a committee to devise a seal for the United States of America. This mission, designed to reflect the Founding Fathers' beliefs, values, and sovereignty of the new Nation, did not become a reality until June 20, 1782. In heraldic devices, such as seals, each element has a specific meaning. Even colors have specific meanings. The colors red, white, and blue did not have meanings for The Stars and Stripes when it was adopted in 1777. However, the colors in the Great Seal did have specific meanings. Charles Thompson, Secretary of the Continental Congress, reporting to Congress on the Seal, stated:

"The colors of the pales (the vertical stripes) are those used in the flag of the United States of America; White signifies purity and innocence, Red, hardiness & valour, and Blue, the color of the Chief (the broad band above the stripes) signifies vigilance, perseverance & justice."

I am not going to read this whole thread, but does anyone really miss the kit from wc 1994?

Blue jean style flag kit? :p

8. Toejam Football

Toejam Football New Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Columbus,OH

Well done on the flag research, Garcia.

Re. WC '94 kits: Hell no, I don't miss them a bit. Those things were F-U-G-L-Y!

9. GrnhvnLasers11

Feb 2, 2006
    LA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, red is an outstanding color and it works beautifully on our flag. You're right, it wasn't originally un-American but, with two of our historical enemies seemingly represented by the color itself, the redcoats and the commies (red scare), it is now un-American. I'm just saying that red shouldn't be our primary color on the jerseys. Ultimately, nobody sees a team clad in red and thinks, "USA". But, I do want to keep it on our flag.

10. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    JODER!!!

We have three colors in our flag. The team takes up two of them : white and blue. The fans use the other!!!!!

VAMOS CABRONES CON EL ROJO POR SANGRE Y ************!!!!!!

11. GrnhvnLasers11

Feb 2, 2006
    LA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow. Your eloquent and classy argument shows that you are definitely someone who's opinion we should all respect. You have convinced me to wear red to Germany.

12. Frat Alien

Frat Alien New Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Space
    For the record, this is why I wear red.

FA

13. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    Same here, although if I splash out for one of the new jerseys I'll probably wear that.

Hell, I wouldn't mind rocking a US hockey jersey at cold-weather games:

[​IMG]

14. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Don't bother. The Nike Swift hockey jerseys are paper thin, not worth $70, and will certainly not keep you warm. Stick with the '02 Olympic or '04 World Cup USA Hockey jerseys.

And the Nike USA Hockey scarf is $30 !!

15. TheBaRoN

TheBaRoN Member

Jan 23, 2006
    London, England
    Why is everyone on about the shorts being long like basketball shorts?

I think you'll find we had long shorts in soccer over 100 years ago and even up till 1950's and the fact they're retro kits i expected them to be long.

16. Horror Show

Horror Show Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Fullerton, CA
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was just checking out the US section over at Worldsoccershop.com and found this bad boy...

[​IMG]

looks sharp, no?

17. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What the f*** is that?!?!?!?

18. Horror Show

Horror Show Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Fullerton, CA
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's a retro shirt. I don't think we'll actually ever see them wearing it on the pitch. Of course, I would love to be wrong.

19. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like a wearable alternate jersey.... dum dum dum.. DUM!!!

20. accion

accion Member

Nov 28, 1998
    dfw, texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    im not sure, how its a throwback if they've never worn anything like that before, but i think it's tight. i might have to order one. but why does it cost more than the jerseys or the same as a numbered jersey?

21. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    It's certainly BOLD !!

22. TheBaRoN

TheBaRoN Member

Jan 23, 2006
    London, England
    I want to get the full kit, any idea when they'll have the home socks?

The new away socks are up in the store as are the home and away shorts.