New Stadium Thread

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Colm, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    The club has confirmed that the NLD on March 2 will take place at Wembley and there will be no cap on attendance.

The club conducted a smoke test last week for the fire safety system and are conducting another one today in order to get the required safety certificate to open the stadium.

A possible opening fixture could be vs Crystal Palace on March 17, but that would only be possible if Palace lose to League One Doncaster in the FA Cup because the weekend of March 16-17 is Round 5. The next possible date would be April 6 vs. Brighton (it would be nice with Chris Hughton's long connection with the club), but that would be scuppered if Brighton beat Derby in Round 6 as the semi-finals will take place on that weekend. Which would then leave us with the April 13th fixture vs Huddersfield, which would have the delicious irony of enraging Neil Warnock (maybe we could invite him to the opening ceremony).

Maybe I'm a silly sod, but wouldn't it just be easier to flip the Palace and Huddersfield fixtures?

2. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I will be in London for the Huddersfield game.

If it's the first game in the new stadium and I am there, it will be fooking incredible.
    if it's the first game in the new stadium and I am unable to get a ticket, the remorse will be off the charts.

I was really pulling for West Brom against Brighton the other day for that reason … I'd much rather attend the 2nd game than miss the first.

3. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
  4. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    BalanceUT and Count Chocula repped this.
  5. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is unacceptable. This is testing my willingness to follow the team...

BalanceUT repped this.
  6. electrickeeper

electrickeeper The Ginger Pele
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Oct 14, 2002
    The Cheese Room
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Levy, you deceitful, manipulative bastard. You've seduced me to accepting the destruction of White Hart Lane with the irresistible lure of a cheese room, only to snatch it from me like Lucy pulling the football from Charlie Brown's quest for kicking glory - just as had been intended all along. Now White Hart Lane is gone, and I'm flat on my back.

I am a fool.

You are a monster.

BalanceUT and electrickeeper repped this.
  8. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At this point, may as well make Wembley the new home.

BalanceUT repped this.
  9. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does Wembley have a cheese room?

10. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Doesn't matter. New WHL is about dead to me now. Building hope, all these delays, and now no cheese room! Dead!

BalanceUT repped this.
  11. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Maybe the cheese room will replaced by a Bovril bar.

BalanceUT repped this.
  12. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, if they do the Nutella Bar they will sell out every match

BalanceUT repped this.
  13. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    It is happening homies! First game at the new stadium will be, depending on FA Cup results, either April 3rd vs Crystal Palace or April 6/7 vs Brighton and our CL quarterfinal home leg will also be at the new ground!

From the club:

We have held discussions with the Premier League and UEFA. The following has been agreed with the Premier League, Brighton and Crystal Palace to ensure that our first game is a Premier League match prior to a UEFA Champions League quarter-final match:

If Brighton win their FA Cup quarter-final match on Sunday 17th March we shall play Crystal Palace on Wednesday 3rd April and Brighton on 23rd/24th April.

If Brighton lose their FA Cup quarter-final match on Sunday 17th March we shall play Brighton on 6th/7th April (subject to Champions League scheduling) and Crystal Palace on 23rd/24th April.

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/ne...m-test-event-matches-and-opening-game-update/

Now, let's go smash Southampton!

Phillyspur repped this.
  14. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nice. The odds of my getting a ticket for the Huddersfield game have just gone up exponentially. Seeing the opener would've been brilliant, but I never liked my chances. I'm still worried, but demand can't be as high for the second league match, can it?

Of course, if we're at home in the first leg of the CL quarters, I'd guess I might still do some window-licking that week. But what the hell … I think I'd rather watch a CL quarterfinal in the new stadium whilst seated in the Antwerp Arms in N17 than go back to Wembley.

15. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    If not, I am sure you can score a ticket to see Haringey Borough FC down the road at Coles Park...

16. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    IT'S HAPPENING!!! [emoji3]

Still gutted about the cheese room, though.

BalanceUT and soccernutter repped this.
  17. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Without the cheese room, I'm a bit less thrilled than I thought I'd be.

Okay, no I'm not. I'm excited!

Phillyspur repped this.
  18. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    alrighty then. NOT happy with drawing Citeh, but very pleased that we're home in the first leg. it's very doubtful that I'll get a ticket for the quarterfinal, but it moves Huddersfield down the queue making it the 3rd game in the new stadium. fingers crossed that it decreases the demand enough to increase my odds of getting a ticket for that one.

if I can get somehow get into both, that means Sheffield Wednesday is out this trip, as they host Forest on the Tuesday, and are at Leeds on the Saturday. I really thought that one would go to Friday night or Sunday, but it's just a late kickoff Saturday, which means one or the other.

now, if I can just figure out how to get a ticket from Napoli for their away leg in the Europa …

19. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    First game could be Palace on April 3rd if Brighton beat Millwall on Sunday in the FA Cup.

20. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    It's official - it will be Palace on the 3rd after Millwall handed their Cup match to Brighton at the death.

Second match, then, will be the Quarterfinal first leg v City the next Tuesday and then Huddersfield the following Saturday.

Ticketing info coming tomorrow. **crosses fingers**

21. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Kick-off time confirmed for first game at the new ground vs Palace:

Wednesday, April 3rd, 7:45 pm UK time, 2:45 ET

22. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    who else will be calling in sick?

BalanceUT and Phillyspur repped this.
  23. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It didn't register with me it was a midweek game. One for the DVR.

24. mekarshalev

mekarshalev Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Hey guys, I saw that Inter FC facebook page will stream live the legends game tomorrow!
    Hope it's right.
    Let's see some nice football tomorrow and of course the mighty TH Stadium!

25. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    well, I'm sat at my computer having pulled myself from a sound sleep at quarter-til-five that I might give myself a chance at a ticket for the Huddersfield match. they were said to be available from 10am (5am local time) this morning. logged on to the site got in the queue and watched the clock tick as that little circle thingy showed my progress through the queue. progressed up to about 85% there … then it just stopped. then I was knocked out and went back to 0% … where it has remained for on 20 minutes now.

I've phoned the ticket office four times, now, each call ending when - after selecting option 1 - I've got the message that all operators are busy and I should try back later. I'm daft enough that I'll try it a fifth time, here, in a moment, after which - when undoubtedly the same thing will happen again - I believe I'll just return to bed.

**30 minutes later**

… well, I stopped typing about a half-hour ago when the site actually let me into the stadium map that showed the (supposedly) few remaining tickets available. I immediately set about to select one, only to be told it was not available. I continued on, selecting countless 'available' seats, only to be informed that they were no longer available. I also tried the 'select my seat' function in the hopes that it would assign a seat to me. no love. whenever I would refresh the page, different seats would show 'available' in different sections … all were tried … none were available.

it is now showing sold out. and the ticket office phone message is now saying that it is sold out. now - over an hour since this process began, I will return to the warmth of my bed.

and here's what's exciting. I will awaken at 4:30am again on Thursday morning, to begin the process anew when tickets for the Citeh Champions League go 'onsale to members'. God help me.