New Stadium Thread

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Colm, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    There has been some news on our new stadium recently. Here are some good news.

http://www.constructionenquirer.com/2013/09/18/mclaren-and-fcc-plan-400m-spurs-stadium-bid/?

Also the kop end is going to be in the new stadium. :)

Hauler, sendorange and Funkfoot repped this.
  2. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    The premier league of contractors! I guess they are just in the championship now.

3. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Vital for us to do this and take a step up into the top tier of European clubs. Doesn't guarantee it - Newcastle has a big stadium - but the way the team has been run in recent years it is clear we are ambitious.

phoenixhazard repped this.
  4. Hauler

Hauler Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jan 20, 2007
    Culver City, LA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Once this happens we will have to rely a tremendous amount on our youth products. This is fantastic that this is moving, but I'm just worried by the time this is built will we have made the proper steps forward within the league and europe. A couple of cups would help to give the players some serious hope and supporters a lot to look forward too. This is great though.

5. Hauler

Hauler Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jan 20, 2007
    Culver City, LA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.tottenhamjournal.co.uk/n...l_college_on_tottenham_stadium_site_1_2587344

Don't know much about the surrounding area of the current ground, but from what I gather it is a lower income area where there were riots two years ago. This is going to be great for the community to get a vital kickstart to getting proper job skills so develop of the area can take place without serious displacement of the current residents. I like this the most so far about the Stadium being built so far.

6. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    These look to be very good concepts in education. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_Technical_College

7. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ya know, this is the type of thing I've been talking about here in Memphis. We have a couple of great areas that could be massively improved (one is starting to be) which should increase the overall community income. And the next step would be to rebuild our crappy football stadium, which is on the edge of a poor area and between two universities.

9. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Some tweets here from someone called Rob MDK Hayward (@robMDK). Not sure how accurate or anything. For Americans, we have day/month the other way round

10. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    They actually have a start date for construction? Very encouraging.

11. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    First time I've seen a date for construction, too. Will remain cautiously optimistic until the club confirms it though.

12. Hauler

Hauler Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jan 20, 2007
    Culver City, LA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    [​IMG]

just seen this pic in twitter. Thought it was a nice view...
    I've never seen a shot from that angle before..

pookspur, Hauler and The Double repped this.
  14. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    yeah, most photos of the lane tend to look onto the west stand. it's obviously far more modern, but that even tends to have been the case even in old photos, back when we still had the old west stand. given the club's location (the fact that the high road is the main artery for traffic to/from the lane) and the fact that the west stand is really where the club is 'housed' (where the administrative offices, players facilities, etc., are located), I guess the west side is generally considered to the be the 'front' of the stadium, and the east is the 'back'.

for me, though, I've always preferred the east stand, aesthetically speaking. the high road is obviously where all the 'action' is - where you really get the feeling of matchday from the fans and foot traffic. but it's down Worcester Avenue that white hart lane looks like an English football ground - or at least what English grounds used to look like.

sinner78 repped this.
  15. Ed-D

Ed-D Member

Spurs
    United States
    Jun 13, 2005
    NY
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was at the lane Sunday and it looked like they had one of the neighboring blocks cordoned off for construction of the new ground?

16. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    yeah, most of those structures on the right hand side of that photo are gone now. the new sainsburys is up and running (it's huge, by the way), and you can see that they've cleared almost all the land. the hold-up*, as i understand it, is that there's one property owner remaining who refuses to sell up, and while the club (and/or the haringey council - i'm really not up to speed on how it works over there) has some sort of manditory sale injunction pending, the owners have appealed it. and while it supposedly will happen, all the details of that case need be sorted before it can move forward.

if anyone else can better explain it all feel free; but that's what i've gathered from the fairly in-depth discussions over on SC.

*perhaps this should say 'a holdup' rather that 'the holdup', as i don't wish to imply that with said property, there are no remaining barriers to completion. it is keeping the stadium from moving forward, but i have no idea whether all the financing and logistics are in place.

17. Ed-D

Ed-D Member

Spurs
    United States
    Jun 13, 2005
    NY
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are there any mockups of the new ground anywhere?

18. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

The Double and StlSpursFan repped this.
  19. Ed-D

Ed-D Member

Spurs
    United States
    Jun 13, 2005
    NY
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks perfectly realistic except for the palm trees. Come on, this is bloody England!

20. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I was in England a couple weeks back, and relative to what it's been like here, it was downright tropical.

21. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  22. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Would be about time, certainly taken long enough. Sums up Levy at times, spend so long trying to wring out every last penny from a deal, when you finally deliver you're already too far behind the competition.

23. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    That dalliance with Olympic Stadium, nor the subsequent whinge, er lawsuit, surely didn’t help matters.

24. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/...ok_at_all_options_for_quickest_stadium_move_/
    A move to Wembley for one season seems to be he clubs favorite option. Would be good I say

25. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Yeah, the plan I saw a while back for how they would build the new stadium while still playing in the old one looked very complex.