New site dedicated to Youth Club Soccer in socal.

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by clubsoccersocal, Mar 3, 2003.

1. clubsoccersocal

clubsoccersocal New Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Riverside
    Just a note to all youth club soccer fans, players, parents in Southern California. I have just started a site dedicated to club soccer here in socal. I was very frustrated when my oldest son was ready to move up to competive soccer so this is the result. Please check it out and feel free to give me some input to make it a better, more informative site.

www.ClubSoccerSocal.com

2. cl_hanley

cl_hanley New Member

Sep 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa
    Good site. I like the soccer field borders. I am a multimedia designer by trade, have built a site or two and do have two suggestions.

1) Think about removing the tiling image of the Cal. flag in the background. It makes the site noisy and is a distraction more than anything. The best bet would be to have a single flag precede the title of the site or two flags that flank the title. Leave the background white. Typically, sites with white backgrounds appear cleaner than sites with colored backgrounds and are easier to read. Of course, the use of white backgrounds should be regarded as a guideline, not a rule. Not all of the sites I've built utilized white backgrounds.

2) Only use underlines on words or phrases that are actual links. Otherwise, people see an underline and try to click on it and wonder why nothing happens. Try bolding the word/phrase instead. Maybe change its color slightly to make it stand out.

Just some ideas. Good luck!

3. clubsoccersocal

clubsoccersocal New Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Riverside
    thanks for the input, I will consider it all.