New Season.. New Kits

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by Ed NYC Firm, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Ed NYC Firm

Ed NYC Firm Member

May 14, 2000
    NY
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    SPL

http://onlyanexcuse.com/blog/2011/0...cottish-premier-league-team-kits-201112/1700/

My impressions

Aberdeen. kept it simple and smart
    Celtic . Same home top again this season. I like the regular away top but I'm not sure of the modified Bumblebee top.
    Dundee U. No originality, just took Man U's top from a couple years back and made it tangerine. I've seen another photo of the whole away kit, minging. ( might be a bit biased with that )
    Dunfirmline. Not a bad effort on the home, I'm not sold on the red trim
    Hearts. They did a very good job, like Aberdeen, kept it simple and smart. equally good job with the away top.
    Hibs. Looks cool but I'm not sure about the 2tone greens. Away is the same template as the Pars away top ( you'll notice this pattern alot with Puma supplied teams)
    ICT : only have an away top new for this season. It's looks pretty good to me.
    Killie.. No info on new tops
    Motherwell. Used the same template as Hibs and Pars away tops.
    Rangers.. Home and away tops are just plain fugly.
    St Johnstone. Nice simple and smart
    St Mirren. Not a bad effort for them

2. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    The Rangers home kit is alright. I'd remove the lines by the arms though. Away top is a stinker.

3. Ed NYC Firm

Ed NYC Firm Member

May 14, 2000
    NY
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    The lines around the arms on the home top is what puts the home top into the bad catagory for me. Looks more like a Woman's top than a man's.

4. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Lets face it. If Rangers released a plain blue strip like every fan wants then we would not be able to release a new one each season and make money.

5. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Celtic's away is OK, although there's something about it that bugs me that I can't quite put my finger on ... maybe it's the green sleeves. Their third kit looks a keeper ... goalkeeper I mean, because me no likey.

Hearts' away is pretty classy.

6. Ed NYC Firm

Ed NYC Firm Member

May 14, 2000
    NY
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    1st Division Kits

http://onlyanexcuse.com/blog/2011/07/13/sfl-preview-sfl-division-1-team-kits-201112/1733/

Ayr United: Not bad. Maybe slightly busy.
    Dundee : (Bias warning) I like the top best of the 4 tops in the division that use the same template.
    Falkirk: Simple and nice..
    Hamilton: Not released yet
    Livingston: Worst in the division, Apparently the inspiration is Star Trek Next Generation.
    Morton: Same template as Dundee, not bad looking
    Thistle: It looks good with the thinner red pinstipes. ( Same template as Dundee)
    QOS: the white indents look kind of silly
    Raith: Dundee's top but with the second stripe being white rather than red. Away is a pink version of the top used 3 times in the SPL
    Ross County: They went the same way as Dundee United and stole the Man U look. The away looks decent

7. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    morton away is the same thing as dunfermline away.

accies:

[​IMG]

8. WolfBhoy

WolfBhoy New Member

Jul 1, 2011
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really like the Celtic away top, I'm not sure why, but the design looks great to me. As far as ugly goes, wtf is up with that blue (on home shirt) and pink (on the away shirt) sponsor on the Hearts' tops? Jesus Christ, talking about clashing of colors... It completely destroys a good looking kit (the home jersey).

9. WolfBhoy

WolfBhoy New Member

Jul 1, 2011
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hamilton Accies new top:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I wouldn't go as far as to say I really like it but initially I thought it looked bloody awful. But, after seeing it yesterday during the match it wasn't anywhere near as bad as my first impression.

11. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Anyone remember the half white/half black tops that were worn for several international friendly games back in 2005/06(I believe that is the year) for Kick Racism Out?

When I saw Ayr United's home top, that is what I thought of.