New Prediction League starting up

Discussion in 'Games' started by MntlDfct, Mar 30, 2003.

1. MntlDfct

MntlDfct New Member

Mar 28, 2003
    Please check out the new soccer prediction league I have created.

http://www.soccerpredictionleague.com

Its 100% free. There are NO banner ads, NO popups, NO sponsors of any kind. I created this league to have fun not to make money.

Leagues for Premiership, Division 1 and most major European leagues. More leagues added daily. South American leagues coming soon.

For those of you who are new to the concept of a prediction league its very simple. Each week you are given a list of games for which you predict the outcome. If you join the premiership league you predict premiership games. If you join the bundesliga league you predict bundesliga games. You can join as many leagues as you want.

You get points/goals depending on how well you predict the final outcome of each game:

1 goal for the correct outcome (Win, Loss, Draw)
    2 goals for each correct score

The goals are added up and used in a head to head competition with another player. Whoever has the most goals gets 3 points for the win (1 point if its a draw). These points determine your position in the league table.

A full promotion/relegation scheme has been implemented. At the end of the season the highest scoring players are moved to a higher division and the lowest scoring players are moved to a lower division for the start of the next season.

If it sounds complicated dont worry. Its all done automatically. All you have to do is login each week and make your predictions.

It can be a lot of fun so come and play. The more players the more fun. So EVERYONE come play.

If you have any questions dont hesitate to post them here. There is also contact information on the site. Suggestions are also greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    MntlDfct
    www.soccerpredictionleague.com

2. JoBeck

JoBeck New Member

Jul 24, 2000
    Wesschessduh
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More appropriate here, but is it still spam?

3. MntlDfct

MntlDfct New Member

Mar 28, 2003
    No its not spam. I get absolutly no economical gain when people come to my page. I created it so people could have fun not to make money.

MntlDfct

4. Scouse

Scouse New Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Manchester
    i've signed up for the prem season, now

where can you see the prediction league standings?

5. MntlDfct

MntlDfct New Member

Mar 28, 2003
    When you login it will give you a list of the leagues you have joined. Click on EPL and it will bring up a page with all the latest information like your past results and your picks in the current round. The top right corner shows the current standings for your division. Hope this helped. If not let me know.

MntlDfct

6. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    I joined 2 weeks ago...EPL and MLS....great site mate.

Can't see it as spam either as there is no gain to be made for anyone...except perhaps for people like me who use it for free :)

7. Scouse

Scouse New Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Manchester
    yeah, that's sorted it, thanks. i didn't realise you had to scroll off to the right.

...are we gonna get the chance to predict monday's games then? :)